X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Ace in 20 year career!!

My wife (the bomber) and I were at White River on Sunday 1-10-10. We have found that playing some disc golf together is a great way to spend some time together and enjoy some outdoor activity. I am usually found at Juel park in Redmond but we are venturing out more now. I must say that I thought I was getting pretty good wandering around Juel and basically playing scratch golf since spring. I was not prepared for the awsome challenges that White River presents. The bomber played her usual cautious game and scored amazingly well. I hit many trees and it got to the point that I was even missing shots through even the larger tunnels. Sometimes my balance and rhythm just goes away I guess. Anyway since it was our first time the other players were so nice in helping us along and the larger groups sent us forward on our way. We loved the course! Well, we were in front of a group of 6 or so and behind a group of 3 on the 15th tee. In a nutshell I threw my Discraft Avenger well and it went in. I wondered if I would ever experience the ace. All of the guys around signed the disc and all of the hit trees and bad shots were history.

Originally posted by skaterdoc22 View Post
    My wife (the bomber) and I were at White River on Sunday 1-10-10. We have found that playing some disc golf together is a great way to spend some time together and enjoy some outdoor activity. I am usually found at Juel park in Redmond but we are venturing out more now. I must say that I thought I was getting pretty good wandering around Juel and basically playing scratch golf since spring. I was not prepared for the awsome challenges that White River presents. The bomber played her usual cautious game and scored amazingly well. I hit many trees and it got to the point that I was even missing shots through even the larger tunnels. Sometimes my balance and rhythm just goes away I guess. Anyway since it was our first time the other players were so nice in helping us along and the larger groups sent us forward on our way. We loved the course! Well, we were in front of a group of 6 or so and behind a group of 3 on the 15th tee. In a nutshell I threw my Discraft Avenger well and it went in. I wondered if I would ever experience the ace. All of the guys around signed the disc and all of the hit trees and bad shots were history.
    Welcome to the fourm and congratulations on your first ace.

What you experienced is one of the things that I love most about disc golf. Not the ace itself, but the fact that one great shot can erase all memories of an otherwise forgettable (or just downright terrible) round.

Keep exploring other courses - There is much more to disc golf than Juel Park - and I hope you don't wait 20 years for your next one.

Comment

Good on ya, mate!
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Welcome to the fourm and congratulations on your first ace.

What you experienced is one of the things that I love most about disc golf. Not the ace itself, but the fact that one great shot can erase all memories of an otherwise forgettable (or just downright terrible) round.

Keep exploring other courses - There is much more to disc golf than Juel Park - and I hope you don't wait 20 years for your next one.
        I concur, Scott! My passion for this sport is fueled by the fact that no matter what there is always that one shot or one hole that is my best ever, or the first time for something... first birdie, first par on that hole, longest drive ever... and it makes it all worth it...

I love hearing about the bomber's cautious game and how much ass she kicked playing it... would it be fair to call it consistent, tho, as opposed to cautious? Or perhaps good course management or even just smart golf?

peace threw disc golf,
        emmarose
        "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
        Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
          I concur, Scott! My passion for this sport is fueled by the fact that no matter what there is always that one shot or one hole that is my best ever, or the first time for something... first birdie, first par on that hole, longest drive ever... and it makes it all worth it...

I love hearing about the bomber's cautious game and how much ass she kicked playing it... would it be fair to call it consistent, tho, as opposed to cautious? Or perhaps good course management or even just smart golf?

peace threw disc golf,
          emmarose
          Very true Scott. The bomber is extremely consistent.. She has mastered the 85 foot throw that goes right to left with amazing consistency. She really enjoyed playing so well and having such a nice trip out to White river. Any you all may rest assured we will get out and try many new courses.

Comment

Hey, I just met you at Juel on Sunday, I was with Steve. Just joined this website. You told us about your ace. Way to go.

This is my first post, hoping to get more involved in promoting the sport in the Northwest
            If only my discs would go where I want them to instead of where I throw 'em.

Comment

Originally posted by Choco View Post
              Hey, I just met you at Juel on Sunday, I was with Steve. Just joined this website. You told us about your ace. Way to go.

This is my first post, hoping to get more involved in promoting the sport in the Northwest
              Yo Choco! Or Lee right? Ya Juel is an awsome park and space to be in.. The golf is easy but who can argue with fresh air and exercise.. Better that watching the big game in some pub. I'm with you and hope to get more involved with the DG scene. BTW bring your rubber boots to juel for the next several weeks. Now that The bomber (my wife) is on board we will be around more courses and see you around. Thanx for replying.

Comment

Yes, what Scott, Emma, and Ol' bob said, congrats!

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post

peace threw disc golf,
                emmarose

Comment

Originally posted by skaterdoc22 View Post
                  You paint a pretty picture of a round with the wife at beautiful White River---(I got to play there around thanksgiving and I like that course a lot)---and capped off with an ace, wow! Makes me motivated to encourage my wife to get back on the course--she used to do amazingly well with little effort. Maybe that'll finally get me an ace too with the right spectator!

Thanks for the tale and congrats on the ace.
                  Last edited by Nikolai; January 11th, 2010, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Hmmm, lets see.
                    I was the one who told you about this forum, and getting an ace, which many will never do, is a great excuse for a first post, especially after 20 years.
                    So I think your ace is actually an indirect result of me telling you to check out this website.
                    So I'm taking credit for it, it's my ace now.

Oh, and congratulations ! , the way you were bombing stuff at Juel, I thought you would have an ace there first.

Comment

Congrats on your ace! I've had one in 6 years, and it can be elusive for some players.

Also, welcome all the new peeps to this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
                        So I'm taking credit for it, it's my ace now.

Great ace!

Ol' Bob
                        I'll be the first to sign your post.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on ending an ace drought. I'm sitting now on 6 years of play with no aces and I'm certain that all the waiting will only make the first one that much sweeter.
                          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Congrats!
                            Welcome to the forum
                            My good buddy Mr Illg had his very first ace on that same hole exactly one year ago to the day!
                            We should call #15 at White River "The Cherry Popper"
                            "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

So...... Captain Jack. Awsome. Ur that crazy southpaw who is testing out all the discs at Juel huh. Thanks for turning me on to this cool site.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X