X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
    Welcome to the forum and congratulations on ending an ace drought. I'm sitting now on 6 years of play with no aces and I'm certain that all the waiting will only make the first one that much sweeter.
    Yes Joshua you are just kind of standing on the tee pad saying to yourself what just happened? I cannot wait until you get your first because I know it is coming. Hopefully you will have alot of people around like I did. Well, keep enjoying yourself out there!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai View Post
      You paint a pretty picture of a round with the wife at beautiful White River---(I got to play there around thanksgiving and I like that course a lot)---and capped off with an ace, wow! Makes me motivated to encourage my wife to get back on the course--she used to do amazingly well with little effort. Maybe that'll finally get me an ace too with the right spectator!

Thanks for the tale and congrats on the ace.
      Yes there is nothing better that taking time together and heading out to enjoy the elements and fresh air together. We really don't even keep real close tabs on the score. For my 50th we went to the ocean and stopped in Elma and Aberdeen for rounds. BTW Aberdeen is torn up for some reason but the course in Elma is really cool. The bomber was such a good sport in the rain she looked so healthy. I made up a story that everytime you crossed the fenceline on this course you had to kiss. She bought it! We are now empty nesters so this time together has been awsome. we look forward to seeing you all out there.

Comment

Originally posted by skaterdoc22 View Post
        So...... Captain Jack. Awsome. Ur that crazy southpaw who is testing out all the discs at Juel huh.
        That be me.

Now about that ace.
        Which tee were you playing from, and what disc did you throw ?

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
          That be me.

Now about that ace.
          Which tee were you playing from, and what disc did you throw ?
          The red tees. I threw a 165 gram Discraft Avenger SS. I remember the day not too long ago when you and I were the only ones out in the frozen tundra.
          It is still strange to me to play with a lefty. you expect to see the throw do one thing and it does the opposite. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Comment

Originally posted by skaterdoc22 View Post
            The red tees. I threw a 165 gram Discraft Avenger SS.
            Excellent.
            I remember the day not too long ago when you and I were the only ones out in the frozen tundra.
            Nows its just wet and gooey out there.
            It is still strange to me to play with a lefty. you expect to see the throw do one thing and it does the opposite.

It's fun to watch the expression on peoples faces right after I drive. Most people try to be diplomatic when they watch your shot, but I can see the poker faces on these people when they see my disc go wayyyy left. I can tell in thier mind thier thinking " wow, that was a bad shot" ,
            Then the disc starts to come back and they start smiling.

Lakewood was crowded last Sunday, so I pretty much had an audience on every tee. On 15, a bunch of the regulars let me play through.
            I threw my Valk down my lefty line between the trees, all the guys went silent because they thought it was going in the canal, I said " don't worry guys".
            It turned back right after the deep trees and landed 30' below the basket.
            I picked up the duece easily.
            Its fun to mess with all the righties, and I'm a puny arm, it has to be even more fun for guys with big arms like Gwillim.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jack View Post
              Excellent.

Nows its just wet and gooey out there.

It's fun to watch the expression on peoples faces right after I drive. Most people try to be diplomatic when they watch your shot, but I can see the poker faces on these people when they see my disc go wayyyy left. I can tell in thier mind thier thinking " wow, that was a bad shot" ,
              Then the disc starts to come back and they start smiling.

Lakewood was crowded last Sunday, so I pretty much had an audience on every tee. On 15, a bunch of the regulars let me play through.
              I threw my Valk down my lefty line between the trees, all the guys went silent because they thought it was going in the canal, I said " don't worry guys".
              It turned back right after the deep trees and landed 30' below the basket.
              I picked up the duece easily.
              Its fun to mess with all the righties, and I'm a puny arm, it has to be even more fun for guys with big arms like Gwillim.
              well I tell you what Cap J I look forward to hanging with you a bit soon and watching some more of your awsome southpaw shots.!,.!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
              Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X