X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• plastic addiction, emoticon communication

Hi, my name is Chris and I am a plastiholic. My wife yelled(kind of) at me today for buying some plastic. The sad part is I wasn't even buying them to put in my bag, they were reserves. I just enjoy getting new discs. This is a disease that I hope I can cope with and go on to live a normal life. The first step is admitting I have a problem, I feel better. Tomorrow I think I will go pick up echo teebird #4 because I don't feel complete with only three. If only the wife understood.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

yeah me too... but it's more of just buying discs I don't have or backups of discs I love... and I always use my son as an excuse, "he'll need heavier discs someday, it's an investment"... but there is compromise, she gets some nice discs of her own once in a while too.. I spend like 2 hours a day on disc golf forums hoping every time i come on there's like 30 new threads for me to add comments and talk with my disc golf annoymous group...

Comment

Disc are cheap !
      She should be glad you dont collect Bentleys.

Comment

Discs aren't that cheap really, especially when you buy a bunch of them. I have the same problem but no one yelling at me.. except Mastercard.
        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Welcome to my world.......if you cut me i will bleed plastic no doublt. Now if you swallowed a bunch of plastic and pooped out an aviar then that would be excessive. Get out while you can chris.........its too late for me now.
          WHEN I GROW UP I WANT TO BE A SPIDER BITE.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
            Discs aren't that cheap really, especially when you buy a bunch of them. I have the same problem but no one yelling at me.. except Mastercard.
            I had always found discs to be cheap in high school, because they were my primary expense for any money I earned. Then I went to college and now own a car; for the first time actually find myself playing rounds with large gaps in my bag because I can't afford any replacement discs. Now discs seem a whole bunch more expensive.
            PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
            dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

My name is Jesse, and I too am a plasticaholic. I have 250+ discs in boxes in my garage because i have a problem. I just love trying different discs out and fondling new plastic. matter of fact i just bought 9 wizards a few minutes ago and i dont even throw wizards. maybe i will after i test them out. Ahhh i feel better now.

Comment

I too am a disc fiend. I purchased will over a grand worth of plastic in my formative years of playing. One day I decided to take my disc inventory to the next level and got sponsorship. Now I have over 400 discs and expect to purchase 250 more in the next few weeks. This way I can continue my disc purchasing habbits and support my fellow addicts as well!
                Team DISCRAFT
                NW Sign Up
                Gorilla Boy
                Paragon Disc Golf
                Odwalla

Comment

Moderation in all things (except moderation).
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

OMG!!!! this is sad.. after all this time i just realized i too am a plastic holic luckly enough my wife has not gave me the debt card . but when she does...i'll be sure to buy some plastic from some of u tru plastic addicts( or just buy them off the net)

Comment

My name is Rudy and I am a plastiholic . Though I don't have much plastic the plastic I have is well cared for except for my practice plastic which it very beat up (but then that's why it's practice plastic). My main addiction lies not with plastic but on the course . I guess that makes me a Couseaholic . I could spend (and have spent) hours neglecting everything looking for that perfect shot .
                      Throw What You Know.
                      "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                      PDGA# 45989

Comment

Yeah, Ive bought about $600 worth of plastic just in December!!!!
                        www.soulpancake.com
                        www.bahai.org
                        http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

It's obvious my addiction is the play. I knew it long ago when I recognized that I would forgo food, sleep, healing injuries, or doing necessary chores, any time someone says, "how about a round?" I don't need all the plastic in the world for that. Just my bagful. Just as I like to type on this BBS, I can get it done with few emoticons. I'll force a couple in here to conform.
                          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                            I knew it long ago when I recognized that I would forgo food, sleep, healing injuries, or doing necessary chores, any time someone says, "how about a round?"

after i got yelled at by my wife yesterday. i must second this very well made statement. this just very well maybe along the lines of what people read on my tombstone. witch may ether be a huge disc or a basket(just gota make sure i have room for my disc in the casket)

Comment

Originally posted by GettinBetter View Post
                              Yeah, Ive bought about $600 worth of plastic just in December!!!!
                              So how's that job search working out for ya?
                              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X