X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by papatart View Post

4. Getting Dion on Team Discraft and then watching him tear up everything he enters, especially USDGC. The best part is watching him do it humbly, with class and still finding time to do stuff for the growth of the sport!
    Thanks Scott! I'm incredibly proud to represent Discraft in 2010 and beyond!
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

playin my first tournament(chilli at steli)
      getting my first sponsorship( thanks corning wear)
      getting my first 450 ft drive
      finally coming into my arm

Learning my wifes cares if i quit or not( its more i think she wants out the house)
      throwing crystal mt( thanks to all that were there that day)
      Last edited by mazza; January 2nd, 2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

1st Ace for $148 at Chump Challenge
        3rd Inland Series intermediate
        PDGA #42116

Comment

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
          Thanks Scott! I'm incredibly proud to represent Discraft in 2010 and beyond!
          At least until Innova offers you a sponsorship.
          We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Originally posted by Parks View Post
            At least until Innova offers you a sponsorship.
            Not gonna happen. Unless something aweful happens betweens Dsicraft and I, I plan on sticking with them for the long haul. Its a little concept I call loyalty...
            Team DISCRAFT
            NW Sign Up
            Gorilla Boy
            Paragon Disc Golf
            Odwalla

Comment

And that's a little concept I call "Whoosh!"
              We're at our best when it's from our hips

Comment

Favorite moment of [2010] so far:

Watched Dion throw the longest bomb I've ever seen in person. I won't guess the distance (872ft!!!!!!), but he threw from the sidewalk by the circle parking lot at Pier Park, over #2's basket and half way up the hill to the dirt tee pad for hole 19. Yes, there was a tailwind, yes, there was elevation drop, and yes he was throwing a nuke, but it was a killer pump with the best possible angles working for it. Had it not hit the hillside it could have gone 40 feet further.

At the time, the thought did not occur to me that I should bend down on one knee and gravel, because I thought I'd just go and throw the same shot myself. That did not turn out so much for me. Having said that, the Nuke was also my longest throw of the day. Pin high, ten feet to the right.

Thanks for the solid weekend RTW.

Comment

2009 as a great year in disc golf for me...
                  Played my first international disc golf event... In BC, totally awesome.

Finishing my second to last round at Worlds and realizing that ihad made the semis and cashed at worlds... Improved even more when I played well on Saturday and qualified for the USDGC.

Just playing Winthrop Gold felt like an acivement... Has been a big goal for a couple of years and getting to share the experience with my twin brother / caddy who lives in North Carolina made it even better.

Sticking in enough 25 footers to beat Skelly in a playoff and win a stacked C tier at Timber.

Everytime I turned the corner into the course... I swear to god... I get excited every single time!

Comment

Things that are memorable for me.

1.) Played my first tourneys this year (Chump Challenge was the best one)
                    2.) Threw my first measured throw over 400 feet (418.6)
                    3.) Hitting my first and second ace (17 n 18 at Highbridge)
                    4.) Not injuring my arm at all during the year.
                    5.) Not losing more then 300 bucks of plastic.
                    6.) Getting to know more and more of the bad arse mofo's that make up Spokanistan Disc Golf.
                    7.) Playing an even round @ downriver (finally)
                    8.) Learning how to dye discs (still horrible at it but I'm getting better)
                    9.) Last but not least, watching my dumb ass buddy systematically empty an entire bag of loaner/beat dx plastic off of the Grand Coulee Dam (80 discs, we each bombed 40). Then slowly realize that he threw his first ace disc (a Super Roc) accidently. Then the mad scramble to see if he could locate it (he never even had it with him). The misery he thought he had to endure until he saw it sitting in the driver's seat of his car. All way too funny.

Hopefully this years even better. Will be so long as I keep hucking.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

Getting to meet and huk with new folks
                      The golden leaves falling like snow in the Shire on Horning's Canyon course
                      Doing the live scoring for the Women's lead card at the 2009 BSF (can't wait for 20X)
                      educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                        Getting to meet and huk with new folks
                        The golden leaves falling like snow in the Shire on Horning's Canyon course
                        Doing the live scoring for the Women's lead card at the 2009 BSF (can't wait for 20X)
                        Ha, the Shire!

Comment

My favorite moment had to be an evening that I was playing a casual round with my son(5yrs old at the time) at steilly. We had played close to 30 straight holes and he was complaining that we had to stop because the sun was going down. On our last hole, which was NW 18, he was standing on a mound by a tree maybe 30-35 away or so. He says to me, "Dad, if I make this can we get ice cream?" Dead center chains. The ice cream was awesome.

Sweeping NW and state dubs was pretty cool too.
                          Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

For me, it's the Lava Launch!! I am eager to play more mountain golf!!
                            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X