Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check out the DGA website for am distances, but by all means every 9 should include at least 2 par 4s and one par 5, golf, whether Disc or stick, should have 4s and 5s, otherwise it's just another birdie or die situation. Very little strategy there, go BIG.
    educate your thinking

Comment

Mulitple pin placements along with mulitple tee pads and by all means various pars. Very cool, keep us posted.

Comment

This is some great input guys. As Oly said we are in a unique position here and what we need is info from everyone. KG great idea coming here and asking for Idea's on the par 4 and 5 situation. Feedback of this caliber is hard to some by anywhere else. I'm sure our next meeting will be interesting =]

Comment

Wow it sounds like you guys have everything right to me! I played a lot of world class courses this year, including the fabeled Winthrop Gold, Rennie Gold, Charlotte's web and a john houke desiged course in Canada. All of these courses with the exception of Winthrop gold had multiple teepads the John houke course had three on every hole. They also all had multiple par fours and fives. Higher par hole are the future! Having to execute an upshot from a differnt spot every round makes par fours much more challenging to play and more exciting. Sure they are tougher for new players, but pros play better than newbies on par three courses too.

Go for it!!! But be sure to bring some pros in to tweak your design so that all of the holes have playable lines and try to get at least one really good lefty to give you some suggestions.

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
            ...golf, whether Disc or stick, should have 4s and 5s, otherwise it's just another birdie or die situation...

this is a feeling i've been having lately, but haven't been able to articulate it.
            thanks.

as someone who lives a stone's throw away (maybe i should have used a more strategic disc golf reference?) from this course, i'm super excited about it's possibilities.

like others here, a tightly wooded hole where you're better off throwing a hatchet than a disc sounds like no fun at all- even if it's called a "par 4".

with varying pars and multiple teepads on the course, permanent and clear signage becomes super important.

i'm all for "do it right the first time". go big or go home.

good times are coming just around the bend!

Comment

Having gone though and read this thread again I would say I think we are on right track to making a legit par 60 course.

This weekend we will be doing the clean up required to see/play the fairways we have picked out and sometime in the not too distant future we will be calling on our community of local pros to come have a look and share their thoughts with us.

See work parties forum for details on that, or PM me if interested in give a professional opinion on design sometime in the near future.
              sigpic

Comment

I want something like Idlewild, par 69-72, 2 tees on some holes, alt pins on most.. make it awesome! Islands!

Comment

At this point we do have one Island hole. Thinking of ringing it with logs so your in or out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                    At this point we do have one Island hole. Thinking of ringing it with logs so your in or out.
                    you could be IN or OUT or on top of logs or leaning on the outside of logs or leaning on inside of logs. it is never just in or out.
                    Team HOSER:dancing:
                    Team OLY:cheerleader:
                    Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

good call, line would be inside edge of log so on log would be out because anything crossing the line would fall into the green based on size of logs being used. So any inside leaners are good but outside is way out.

Hope to make it an oblong shape presenting the basket at on end, give a safe dirrection to throw but leaving a long come back putt(45ish) to a basket with OB on three sides like 12-15 feet away. Putt up or shut up time. Oh man I got goose bumps.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skookum View Post
                        Oh man I got goose bumps.
                        CDD -- Course designers disease.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Does that explain this rash...
                          sigpic

Comment

Nope. That's probably burrowing mites.
                            The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                            ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X