Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visit from the Great White North...

Hey Portland,
    As Oregon seems to be the center of the universe for disc golf, a few of us from Canada want to come down and play your courses for a few days this spring. We travel each year to different locations and I am amazed at how many courses you have, and I am also somewhat confused on which ones to play. We just want to be sure we make it to some of the highy recomended ones from the local Disc Golf Community.

We will be there for 4 days, probably in June and we would really approeciate some local advice and perhaps join up with a few of you for a round or two.

Oh yeah, we heard you have some great local breweries and would appreciate some guidance on that also...

Milo is a must play. I like Pier also.
    A par is not a bogey.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan View Post
      Milo is a must play. I like Pier also.
      Add Horning's Hideout and you've sort of got the "Big Three" of Portland-area disc golf.
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Visit form the Great White North...
        Durn, I thought it was going to be Santa.

If you're making a stop-over at Lucky Mud in June, book your accommodations early. http://www.luckymud.com
        If your sched bumps into the elderhostel kayakers and everything is booked already, send me a PM.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

While Milo, Pier, and Horning's (there are now three courses at Hornings, plan to spend the day) are all awesome, and not to be missed, I would definitely make sure I hit up Lucky Mud... a unique disc golf experience. A little off the beaten path, but well worth it.

Comment

Awesome Guys! All duly noted...we are stoked. See you in June!

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
              Durn, I thought it was going to be Santa.

If you're making a stop-over at Lucky Mud in June, book your accommodations early. http://www.luckymud.com
              If your sched bumps into the elderhostel kayakers and everything is booked already, send me a PM.

Thanks Ol' Bob! I am going to plan to get our group there. Should have dates confirmed in the next few weeks. Lucky Mud looks fantastic!

Hawg

Comment

Lucky Mud is indeed worth the trip if you can make it. If you do make it out that way, both Skyline and Trojan are along the way (or at least not far off the path) and both are noteworthy courses.
                Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Trojan - 18 Mach 5's, large cement tee pads, lots of water. 5 stars IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by DanZ View Post
                    Trojan - 18 Mach 5's, large cement tee pads, lots of water.
                    But still no signs. Bring a map.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Don't miss playing Sea Tac on your way south. Just a few minutes off of I5, it is a must play!!
                      "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Breweries? Widmer, Bridgeport, Rogue, McMenamins, Hair of the Dog….too many to mention.

I used to use pubcrawler.com when I traveled but haven't done much traveling lately so I'm unsure how good a site it is. It will definitely get you started though.

http://www.pubcrawler.com/Template/dsp_searchform.cfm

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X