X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    I'm going to try that. When I've wasted away to nothing, I'll be throwing 700 feet. Nothing else has worked.

sorry, man, if you're already a skinny-minny it works transversely...
    peace, em
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Yup, that's the problem with any theory that has a factor or product of infinity anywhere in it.
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

This year was pretty incredible for me. So many things happened that I just could not have expected. I played my first ever disc golf tournament... and won it (Bad Monkey Open -- Am-only tourney). Another highlight was making it to the final of my local doubles league at Pier Park (that was also my first time competing in a league). I also made it to the finals in every amateur tournament I entered. My first 1000 rated round in a tournament was exciting too. Then after picking up a local sponsor (Next Adventure), which was probably just great luck more than anything, I moved up to Pro. After moving up, I had some decent results relative to my expectations. While not my best performance, I took 2nd place at the Gem State Championship, which was my best pro division result.

All results aside, perhaps the most enjoyable part of the season was just expanding my horizons by playing the beautiful game in many new places, and meeting tons of great people in the process. I'll need some more time to plan my tournament schedule for the upcoming year and set my new goals. My rating certainly needs to come up but I think I need more experience before I can even gaugue how much is attainable. I plan on playing in my first NT event. I'm looking forward to the Steady Ed Memorial in Santa Cruz, and of course the Fling. I'll also do the entire Oregon Series without question.

In general, I'll have to keep working on my form and learning whatever I can from the vast number of people who have valuable things to teach me.

Comment

Originally posted by blang11 View Post

In general, I'll have to keep working on my form and learning whatever I can from the vast number of people who have valuable things to teach me.
          I'll second that.
          Disc golf by day, Joe rogan podcast by night! All day!

Comment

My main goal for the 2009 season was to top 20 in all of the events I played in. I wasn’t able to do that but I was able to grow quite a bit in the mental portion of the game which did translate into some good performances. At the beginning of the season I really wavered back and forth about my move to MA1, but in the end it was a great move. I’ve learned a lot, grew a more mature attitude about the game and look forward to an excellent 2010 season.
            Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

My only goals were to for 2009 where as follows:
              Play more (definite accomplishment)
              Become more accurate (did that was well)
              Throw further (got that one as well)
              Play in my first tournament (3 down this year, hope to get 5 next year)
              Keep my loss of discs to under 500 bucks (273 dollars spent this year)
              Play at least 2500 holes (4418 as of today)

My main goal for next year:
              Go 25 of 25 from 15 and in
              GO 20 of 25 from 15 and out.
              "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
              Cleveland Brown

Comment

My goal for 2010 is to stop doing stupid things which result in me injuring my hand during peak tournament season.
                Current World Rank: 2857th
                Lowest Rated Round: 777
                Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

I think I achieved any goals I had for the past year, I pushed my rating up into the Advanced division played many new courses and had an absolute blast playing.

Goals for 09'
                  -Rating up to 955
                  -Playing 15 new courses and writing reviews for all 15.
                  -Placing top 3 in an advanced field.
                  -Throw 400' regularly.
                  -Have even more fun than last year.
                  PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                  dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                    I think I achieved any goals I had for the past year, I pushed my rating up into the Advanced division played many new courses and had an absolute blast playing.

Goals for 09'
                    -Rating up to 955
                    -Playing 15 new courses and writing reviews for all 15.
                    -Placing top 3 in an advanced field.
                    -Throw 400' regularly.
                    -Have even more fun than last year.
                    I think Josh is going to have a VERY busy week!

Comment

ok, i'll bite on this one too.

my goals for 2010 are as follows:

drop some pounds and tone the body (big one)
                      practice more (putting and forehands)
                      play better. (play better)
                      cash at the beaver state fling (beaver bucks)
                      cash in a few other events (we are in a recession you know)

happy holidays everyone.
                      May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                        I think Josh is going to have a VERY busy week!
                        Oh, you know, no better time than the present. Lol
                        PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                        dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

My gols for 2009 went better then expected and I am well on my way to my 2010 Disc golf Goals.
                          They are:
                          1. Not lose a disc in running water!
                          2. Consistently Drive 300'.
                          3. Make 90% of putts from 30’.
                          4. Play at least 18 holes every week.
                          5. Play at least 4 courses I haven’t played.
                          6. Take at least 5 people to disc golfing that haven’t played.
                          7. Help organize and play in a tournament or league in Pendleton.
                          Last edited by Uhlman; December 27th, 2009, 08:48 AM.
                          Throw What You Know.
                          "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                          PDGA# 45989

Comment

I've got some personal golf goals for 2010, but most of them are pretty much going to be in the Admin dept.

1) Successfully run the inaugural WA Team Golf League to grow and build for the future.
                            2) Do my part with the WA State Series to organize and strengthen WA's quality of events and quality of players.
                            3) Organize and run another fundraiser event for WA rep to the 2010 USDGC. I can't imagine it being possible, but trying to top the $1300.00 raised for Chandler Fry this year)!
                            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

here's another one, get at least 100 players at the may 15 tournament at camp taloali...

Comment

In this past year I have taken great instruction, listened to players that were better than me, played with great people, and overcame many mental hurdles that were killing my game. For most of the year I was enhancing my skills, working out the kinks, even in the midst of a tournament. My player rating increased by almost 40 points, I went on tour, I played more tournaments this year than I ever have since the beginning of my disc golf career. I better know how to maintain my physical and mental skills during and through fatigue, weather, and the heat of competition. I practiced everyday and it payed off and I will continue to do so for the same results.
                                Next year I will leave the amateur field and start playing pro. Worlds 2010 is at my home courses and I'm stoked. I want to do well enough here in the Northwest and abroad to compete in the most top level of golf I can and to be recognized among the elite players in our area. I have a dream and a goal. Positive attitude, be patient with yourself, practice like crazy, no low putts.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X