Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Emerald Ilse is definitely going to be one of my stops, I used to play golf with my Dad a fair amount growing up before I converted. And the whole golf cart thing just sounds like a total kick.
    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

golf in San Diego

!9 hole course in San Diego that I played last Nov.It doesn't get any better than this.

http://morleyfield.com/about/

Comment

Originally posted by g041579 View Post
        !9 hole course in San Diego that I played last Nov.It doesn't get any better than this.

http://morleyfield.com/about/
        What other courses have you played? I enjoyed Morley, but it sure wasn't the pinnacle of my disc golfing experience.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I drove down to the rose bowl and played some of these courses...

UofOB was a cool design for the land they had, but the baskets (home made I think) really didn't like my putt...
          Played Golden Gate in SF and I love that course...
          And then I tried that Anderson River course on the way back. Fun little course, and I must have been stoked to be out of the car because I shot an -11 with an 8 down on the back nine. Pretty Sweet!

Comment

-11 at Anderson? Christ, I wonder what the course record is. It's not a hard course, but it's not exactly a pitch-'n'-putt either!
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

They counted one of the holes as a par four... I shot a 44 (19 on the back nine)

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                They counted one of the holes as a par four... I shot a 44 (19 on the back nine)
                Okay, but still... nice shootin'.
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by KCrabtree View Post
                  Josh, if you have time, play my course in Santa Maria, waller pines. if not play lake casitas or sylmar
                  Agreed. 100% on all 3.

Might go Casitas, Waller, Sylmar by order of favorite for me.... though Waller was amazing...
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I'll be playing Emerald Isle and Morley on my short trip to San Diego later this month... Any of these awesome courses discussed above close to san diego?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                      I'll be playing Emerald Isle and Morley on my short trip to San Diego later this month...
                      So will I! 1st week of Feb, actually. I will arrive Jan 30th. Able to meet up for a round? Anyone: Other best courses in the area?
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

ahh i will be there the weekend before... darn! but lets compare scores heh..

Comment

So I'm off on my first day of the trip, because of a passport snafu I'm probably not going to end up visiting Tijuana, so tough luck for my Spanish skills but not a bad break for my disc golfing prospects.

Tonight I'm in Yreka and so far my basic itinerary is to play University of OB tomorrow, then while staying in Berkley, Stafford Lake and Aquatic park (largely because it's in walking distance. Then on the way to San Diego, Emerald Ilse and Morley field. If I have an extra day I'll lobby my Dad for a stop off 101 at Waller. I've played the first 18 but not the whole 27.
                          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

See if you can lobby for Anderson today as well. It's right off the freeway and doesn't take too long to play.
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Anderson is fast, can even skip holes 3-8 or something, hole 2 is right next to hole 9 i think...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                                Anderson is fast, can even skip holes 3-8 or something, hole 2 is right next to hole 9 i think...
                                You're close: 2 is right next to 8. 3-7 are the ones that could be skipped, and they're mostly boring anyway.
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X