Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc Golf Calendar?

Hey everybody,

Two years ago I made a really nice disc golf wall calendar to raise money for new baskets at my favorite course in Virginia. I'm hoping to purchase a scorepoint for the Seattle Disc Golf Club so we don't have to lug around the big heavy wooden ones anymore: http://www.pdgastore.com/Qstore/Qsto...11&PROD=000283

I wanted to see if anyone would be interested in a calendar of nice disc golf shots from Washington, Oregon, Cali, possibly Idaho?

Check out some pictures from the previous Virginia/Maryland/West Virginia Calendar - They often had a little bit of text describing the hole/tournaments at the course/logo from the local club.

Last edited by cefire; January 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM.
    'Weekend 4 Women':
    Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
    Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Likely the calendars would cost between $12-15 each depending on the number I order. It would be easy to coordinate with the Western Washington golfers, but if others in Oregon or Eastern Washington were interested, I'd need to have some contacts to help me distribute.

What do you all think?
    'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Be glad to contribute some $$ and the calendar would be a nice extra. Good idea...

Comment

I'd like to have one.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I'd like one, and would help to sell some.
          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

I'm in, and would possibly buy some for gifts.

Comment

Yes, I'd definitely be in for at least one.

Oh yeah, I support putting the proceeds to a scorecard carrier too, those scorepoint things kind of aggravate me though. Nice and portable, but it seems every time those are used, there's always at least a few people who get confused about what groups are on which hole and such. Are there other options out there? I know Chuck and I once were brainstorming ways to make one out of corrugated signboard or something, but never did anything more than thinking. Ehh, that's probably a topic for a different thread.....
              Last edited by Tim; December 14th, 2009, 08:18 AM.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

a great idea that i would love to support. i've got a handful of really nice pics from nearly every oregon b teir this summer. let me know if you would like to see/use any.
                May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

I would support a "women of disc golf" calendar for sure. It would look much nicer hanging on my wall than just some landscape photos. What'll you say?

If we can't find 12 photos of NW women disc golfers, I guess we could photoshop Tiger's 12 girlfriends on these pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                    Likely the calendars would cost between $12-15 each depending on the number I order. It would be easy to coordinate with the Western Washington golfers, but if others in Oregon or Eastern Washington were interested, I'd need to have some contacts to help me distribute.

What do you all think?
                    I would totally love to see some calenders from courses I've played. I think the best way is to get your calenders into the hands of local disc golf store owners. That way it's promoted from your hard work and their ability to connect with players that never hit tournaments.

You should totally try this man, Jack Wardian. He's the owner of a bad ass little disc golf store in Post Falls, Idaho named Rapid Fire Plastics.

His email address is rapidfire3@roadrunner.com

Lay the idea out on him and I bet he'll gladly help in any way that he can. He's a great guy.
                    "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                    Cleveland Brown

Comment

I'd like one of the calendars and know a few others who would like to have one also.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
                        I would support a "women of disc golf" calendar for sure. It would look much nicer hanging on my wall than just some landscape photos. What'll you say?

If we can't find 12 photos of NW women disc golfers, I guess we could photoshop Tiger's 12 girlfriends on these pictures.
                        what a sexist... i'm sure our women would rather see our 12 hottest looking GUYS hukking topless as some of us usally do... lol..

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                          what a sexist... i'm sure our women would rather see our 12 hottest looking GUYS hukking topless as some of us usally do... lol..

Ewwwwwwwwww! I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight with that image in my mind.

Bob

Comment

OK, cool - sounds like there is some interest out there. I've got some nice shots of courses in our area but I'm hoping to get a few more really excellent ones. If you have a really excellent picture that you would let me use for this, I'd much appreciate it.

Can't promise I'll use them all, I'm just going to pick out what I think are the best dozen from unique courses and try for a mix of courses all over the area.

Email any sweet pics to cefire@sbcglobal.net

Adam, if you are reading this, I'm betting you have a stockpile of badass disc golf photos...
                            'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Bump, I got a bunch of great photos from Edgerton. Anyone else have awesome pictures out there...
                              'Weekend 4 Women':

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X