X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad_from_BC View Post
    should have time to do all those things.
    you should camp at hornings so that you can get a glow round on the highlands course at night.

Hippy007

Comment

Sounds like a fabulous trip!
      So you are just planning on passing through Seattle without throwing Sea Tac or Steillacoom?
      "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

I was going to say the same thing, both courses are pretty close to I-5 and well worth the stop.

Also, just a bit of advice, I'd recommend giving yourself some rest time in there somewhere. Doing a non-stop marathon of disc golf sounds awesome when you're planning everything out, that's what Chuck and I did on our trip. But by the end of the trip, it was more like work than play, the last day being more a testament to endurance than anything. To keep the disc golf experience "fresh", I'd suggest taking a day or two to do some non-DG related stuff.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
          I was going to say the same thing, both courses are pretty close to I-5 and well worth the stop.

Also, just a bit of advice, I'd recommend giving yourself some rest time in there somewhere. Doing a non-stop marathon of disc golf sounds awesome when you're planning everything out, that's what Chuck and I did on our trip. But by the end of the trip, it was more like work than play, the last day being more a testament to endurance than anything. To keep the disc golf experience "fresh", I'd suggest taking a day or two to do some non-DG related stuff.
          We're about 7 hours from Portland from here, and we'll be making at least a stop at Stelli on the way down.
          Looks like a stop at Steillacoom is in the plans.

Bob

Comment

I highly recommend bringing a map or meeting up with someone who has knowledge of the course. The Geniuses who got the place put in didn't take into consideration people playing it for the first time and Navigation is impossible, there are as many as fifteen(yes 15) different layouts to the course is what I have been told.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Definitely post up when you will be playing Steilacoom, though this is a primarily Portland-dominated forum there is a solid cadre of Tacoma folks who love to show folks around the Steily maze.
              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                Definitely post up when you will be playing Steilacoom, though this is a primarily Portland-dominated forum there is a solid cadre of Tacoma folks who love to show folks around the Steily maze.
                thanks, ive heard horror stories about figuring out which way to play the course.
                My favourite putter is my driver.

Comment

It's too bad that it has gotten that rap over the years too, because a number of the layouts at Steily stand alone as stunning courses, just playing the NW and SE make for a pretty amazing 36 hole layout.
                  PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                  dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

just print a map out from online. they do exist and we have been putting some on the kiosk at the course but with the rain and wind they dont last long. between a map and the "signage" its easier than people make it out to be.

or better yet, join a group out there who look like they know their way around. id love to quit seeing people cry about navigating steili when they put very little effort in. Pro, Am, SE and NW have signs on most of the holes and maps available either online or from Raymond Seick at the course.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X