Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I say 50% but only bottom 40% get buy-ins back. I say have only the final 9 group get the dough, unless there are more than 40 pros signed up. That would give a lot of incentive to perform well and may also draw bigger fields. Just a thought
    www.soulpancake.com
    www.bahai.org
    http://s979.photobucket.com/albums/ae274/aarikc17/

Comment

top 10%... dont suck

Comment

I thinking, what about 40%, but keep added cash for top finishers, based on how many entries.

Comment

1/3 payouts and keep your stupid t-shirt and Z-pro Viking or whatever POS disc you're handing out. Maybe get a few extra players packs and let the pros buy them if they want. When did this trend of giving the pro divisions a players pack start anyhow? Probably right around the time that TD's started figuring their payout stats based on retail instead of cost???

Just my two cents as a mostly non-cashing pro

Comment

Originally posted by Milpond View Post
            When did this trend of giving the pro divisions a players pack start anyhow? Probably right around the time that TD's started figuring their payout stats based on retail instead of cost???
            I was thinking it was more when pros were whining about never getting any player packs.
            Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
              I was thinking it was more when pros were whining about never getting any player packs.
              Ding Ding Ding, thanks for filling Dustin in Tim.

The 2009 BSF used a 40% payout but in most Cases the 45% payout would have changed very little as far as more people getting a check. It does however push more to the bottom. I like a 45-50% payout but it needs to be more rewarding to the top end not the middle of the pack. The lowest payout for last place should always be your money back!

The BSF will always stay within the PDGA guidelines as long as I can reach the helm!
              PDGA #25296
              Stumptown #34

Comment

...right around the time that TD's started figuring their payout stats based on retail instead of cost???
                I get it. It's like every time I used to work for a tavern owner, they always wanted to pay me off in draft beers.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

1/3 payouts and keep your stupid t-shirt and Z-pro Viking or whatever POS disc you're handing out. Maybe get a few extra players packs and let the pros buy them if they want. When did this trend of giving the pro divisions a players pack start anyhow? Probably right around the time that TD's started figuring their payout stats based on retail instead of cost???

Just my two cents as a mostly non-cashing pro
                  Can I have your HukBrella from the BSF? Please?

Bob

Comment

I like the old top third thing, but 40% is the PDGA guide and not much difference there. As for players packs---yeah, I guess I'm not that much into them but I am always a sucker for more money being spent on cool trophies. Money won at an event isn't usually that much and it just get's spent and forgotten whereas trophies are great memories and very cool ones are always the best.

As for the comments about figuring out payout at retail (sorry about this thread drift) I wish everyone would get over this and give it a rest. As the general public, the packs and prizes you get are figured at retail because that is how much YOU would normally pay for them. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this and most of the time the TD is putting the money differential back into the event anyway so just relax. (Although I still wish the TD's would pay themselves but that is a whole 'nother topic).

As for those wishing that only the top 10% or top 4 get paid out----just stop that thought right now. Generally the only money you are playing for is the cash that the non-winning players have put in. There are many who come to participate because they at least have a chance to get in the money. With only a short list on the payout it will not increase the pay, but generally decrease the pay.

The only tourney I have ever seen to be succesful with the huge payout up top was Put Up or Shut Up. This was one division, one round and one guy wins all the money. It was a twenty dollar entry fee, five went to pay for the dinner that ALL players got after the afternoon round (huge Mexican feast!) and the other $15 went into the pot. The last year we did this the winner (Brian Schweberger) walked away with a cool $1000.00 for eighteen holes of golf. The reason it worked was that I put one touring pro on each card and for your entry fee you got to place your card on the hole of the pro that you wanted to watch play their best for a thousand dollars, first come first served. While we had some local pros come out in hopes of winning, most of the cards were filled with amateurs and novices who just wanted a chance to play a tournament round with one of the best (Schultz, Todd, Anthon, Schweberger, Rico, Feldberg, Jenkins ...etc).

So until corporate sponsorship happens, be totally satisfied with the 40% payout and I know I am always looking forward to the events with the cool trophies (ps...any TD that has cool trophies, let me know and I would happily make the trip to try and win cool schwag!)

Later,
                    Scott Papa
                    Team Discraft
                    Instructional Editor DiscGolfer Magazine

Comment

Well said, Scott. That Put Up or Shut Up sounds like it was a blast, it's too bad you're not doing tourneys anymore, because I totally would have liked to participate in that.

BTW, we've got some pretty sweet trophies for Terror Creek this year, not to mention Andrew's most prestigious Throwbot trophy.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I totally agree with the "cool trophy" talk. Great point!

Comment

Another shout out for bad ass trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
                            Another shout out for bad ass trophies.
                            A badass trophy for me is one that I can use (e.g. the tie-die bags that Nate and Brianna put together for the GNO, or the mugs that have been given out before). The last thing I need is something to clutter my garage. Maybe some people have trophy rooms but I just don't have any use for displaying many trophies. Make them useful or save the money and put it into something else. The first couple of times you win a trophy you're totally stoked but once you have a handful they start taking up room and aren't so cool. I know a lot of other pros that feel the same way.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X