Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the original discussion was brought up in the USDGC thread. The internet broadcast gives some numbers that give larger tournaments that want to broadcast more amo to rope in some sponsors. If the BSF was broadcast on the internet would it bother you to see a few clips from a safeway mixed into the broadcast or do you want to see only a huk lab or discgolfvalues commercial. Twist.
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

How many spectators do low-level PGA (yes PGA) events draw?
      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Most wide media appeal sports, at least the long established ones, are ones that lots of folks played growing up. No one had to pay to play on the fields, so they became hugely popular to watch. The more available courses become, the more people will be watching their kids/friends/family members compete. Every Little League park has the local Coke or Pepsi distributors putting up their signs. Maybe what will slow it down is a lack of urban real estate to be shared with DGers.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
          The problem with "BIG" business like these, is you can't just go to a local store and ask them to get on board. You have to get online and put in a generic application. There is no face time, its just another application from somebody in the community wanting something! And showing a ROI to them is next to immpossible.
          I worked in the beer business for 16 years and Im still part owner in one. I have ask many of local chains to sponsor you just have to find the regional office and start there. I could give you a lesson on how to approach companys like this. You can go to the local store and ask who do I contact to send a sponsorship letter too.

Big Sponsor do help sports and events knowing that they will get little return thats just a fact but you wont get the big sponsorship that Pro football or car racing will get. There is several types of sponsorship that companys will do like national,regional and local. These bigger company do have budgets for smaller sponsorship and the key time to ask is now before the end of the year that is when they do the budgets for next year.

Redfive send me a PM with your email and I can show you how to do this.

If you think that you will get more sponsorship from having spectators come out and watch disc golf then your dreaming. This sport is long ways off from having alot of spectators come out in watch because it is not well know. the only spectators you could draw right now is other players and family.Maybe down the road when it is more well known sport and you get more TV,News paper press but right now are sport is more word of mouth.
          X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
            The whole idea behind sponsorship is advertising and supporting the demographic that use your products.
            That's a piece of it, however many marketing efforts are geared towards brand building and finding new demographics to communicate your messages to. This is where a bit of salesmanship in the "asking" for sponsors will come in very handy.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
              I worked in the beer business for 16 years and Im still part owner in one. I have ask many of local chains to sponsor you just have to find the regional office and start there. I could give you a lesson on how to approach companys like this. You can go to the local store and ask who do I contact to send a sponsorship letter too.

Big Sponsor do help sports and events knowing that they will get little return thats just a fact but you wont get the big sponsorship that Pro football or car racing will get. There is several types of sponsorship that companys will do like national,regional and local. These bigger company do have budgets for smaller sponsorship and the key time to ask is now before the end of the year that is when they do the budgets for next year.

Redfive send me a PM with your email and I can show you how to do this.

If you think that you will get more sponsorship from having spectators come out and watch disc golf then your dreaming. This sport is long ways off from having alot of spectators come out in watch because it is not well know. the only spectators you could draw right now is other players and family.Maybe down the road when it is more well known sport and you get more TV,News paper press but right now are sport is more word of mouth.
              I like so much about your input but stop trying to put baby in a corner.
              If you keep making statements like "If you think that you will get more sponsorship from having spectators come out and watch disc golf then your dreaming.", you are only promoting lack of interest and attendance. But yes, I am dreaming. Dreaming of the day when I am too old to play anymore and I get to nestle down in my big, comfy chair on a Sunday afternoon, crack a beer, and watch on network tv a bunch of the best Disc Golfers on the planet battle it out over 18 holes for big money. Anything good started with a dream, then action, then reality. Please stop believing that it can't happen sooner than later and believe in the rapid expansion of Pro Disc Golf. What can it hurt by being positive and hopeful?
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

ummm I've never had a sponsor turn me down.... lol i know big joke but really, I've had tremendous success with sponsors in the past year or two, ranging from $25 to almost 5 thousand *got that one recently on my first pitch wahoo* and another for over 5 thousand last year.. anyways, it's all about listing an overwhelming list of things they get for their money so they can't say no; and then make sure they see all the stuff you doing to advertise their business so next time you ask, they can't say no based on not seeing ROI... I know this sounds easy but if you plan your attack way in advance and make time for each one of them, especially face time, they will meet you half way. And i will say this, everyone copied my commerical idea on youtube, plagrism plagrism heh... but it worked didn't it... But i will always advise against the generic apply for a sponsorship method, people want true relationships and to see their name plastered everywhere. dam I talk too much.... when I said no to coke but yes to vitamin water and monster, i meant, sure talk to the guys at coke, but tell them what you are interested in and dont waste time discussing something that we don't use heavily like pop, focus on what is used by players and fans and grow on that... *shutting up now*

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                  I like so much about your input but stop trying to put baby in a corner.
                  If you keep making statements like "If you think that you will get more sponsorship from having spectators come out and watch disc golf then your dreaming.", you are only promoting lack of interest and attendance. But yes, I am dreaming. Dreaming of the day when I am too old to play anymore and I get to nestle down in my big, comfy chair on a Sunday afternoon, crack a beer, and watch on network tv a bunch of the best Disc Golfers on the planet battle it out over 18 holes for big money. Anything good started with a dream, then action, then reality. Please stop believing that it can't happen sooner than later and believe in the rapid expansion of Pro Disc Golf. What can it hurt by being positive and hopeful?
                  Im not trying to as you call it put baby in the corner its just a fact that spectators will not bring in the big sponsor right now. Look this sport is only over 30 years old and look were we are at now its nice to dream but I was talking about what will work right now. I have sent proposals to big companys and have gotten a few but you have to ask everyone not just the ones we would like. Yes I to would love to see this sport on TV too but I know it will take time. I have been dreaming big for this sport for a long time and I know we will get more spectators and tv time.
                  X - Man

Comment

I am not a promoter I am a player. I started this because I enjoyed the conversation in the other thread but it kind of died because it wasn't the original topic.
                    As a player I would love to see tons of cash added from any company looking to take advantage of our sports promotional possibilities. We have room to grow but we have steadily grow for quite some time. I would love to see internet broadcasts from all majors and NT events or any other that wants to do so. This extra exposure would definately get more spectators and sponsors involved. I enjoy watching the youtube videos even if it is a C tier in delaware. Bring on mountain dew and the future!
                    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

How about High Times Magazine?
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Cheezy Poofs?
                        Last edited by Ol' Bob; October 27th, 2009, 08:50 AM.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
                          How about High Times Magazine?
                          how high were you when you typed that???

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                          Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X