X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by loocid
    ...be careful though Ol' Bob, consuming the glandular secretions of other mammals may have side-effects...
    Obesity? Diabetes? Every Body Needs Milk, don't they?

Hey, can we have back those billboards with the thirteen year old girls in scant clothing? C'mon, dairy industry, daddy needs his little pick-me-up. Joe Camel misses it too. Maybe they'll sponsor disc golf? That's if disc golf is ready enough to go whoring around, and they sure look ready to me.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post

…We have way to many am divisions and not enough people moving to pro level that is one thing that I would like to see change.

...and to get some players back that wont play the big events with am's.

... Alot of pro players wont play these big events any more because of the am field. why should we pay higher fee's then have to play with huge am fields.

...now we have a division for everything am and when you play events you have very few pro's signed up and its because of many reasons.
      I'm curious to know specifically why some pros don't like playing tournaments with ams. Is it too crowded? Too slow? Are Ams annoying and distracting? Is it just a money thing?

Any comments anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny B View Post
        I'm curious to know specifically why some pros don't like playing tournaments with ams. Is it too crowded? Too slow? Are Ams annoying and distracting? Is it just a money thing?

Any comments anyone?
        Kenney there are many reason but the most I here it's more crowed and a slower pace.
        X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
          Kenney there are many reason but the most I here it's more crowed and a slower pace.
          I imagine that concern is shared by most players. The most common solution I've seen for that is added temporary holes, which I don't care for because it just makes each round that much longer. I would like to see two things happen to make tournaments better for all. Multiple course tournaments like are done for BSF and Ft. Steily (to keep groups to a max of 4) and weekend tournaments at one course where one day is the Am tourney and one day is the Pro tourney.

Back to your original topic for a bit, I think an invitation only tournament is what you're looking for. You won't be able to keep us Ams out otherwise

Let's all make sure to remember that too many players (including ams) is a blessing, not a curse.

Comment

number one reason that I love the BSF- Getting to see the pros play after my round each day. That is the highlight of my disc golf summer. How will I ever get to see these guys and gals play if we don't have them on the same course I am playing and on the same weekend? Asking my family to be ok with me playing one weekend and going to watch the pros the next weekend is probably more than I should ask.
            I like the idea of Pro-Ams or Pro only events that allow for me to become a spectator on the same day I play my round instead of having to drive like a bat out of hell to another course to watch them after my round is finished.
            I am down with Pro only events, but I wouldn't go watch most likely if some of the elites weren't playing.
            I might volunteer to caddy though. Now there is an idea. How about if we have a pro only event, and there is some kind of incentive for experienced ams to caddy. I would do that in a heart beat. Thats just free lessons in my book. Maybe the caddies have a cash pool going or someting like that. HMMMMMM.................
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

The split weekend pro/am tourney Kenny talked about in the preceding post would facilitate just that. And, pros (who weren't too full of themselves) could also caddy for ams.
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I love caddying!!!

Comment

Great, I was just about to start looking for a caddy for 2010 BSF, thanks Hawk for volunteering...

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                    NOW you and I are on the same page. To get to THAT level this is going to have to happen. Maybe we don't like it, but it is inevitable.

Bob
                    Now I'm no longer with Over the Hill Bob--I'm switching my allegiance to Ol Bob and his free thinking ways ( I do reserve the luxury of rooting for one particular bully though)
                    As John Galbraith once said "We are becoming the servants in thought, as in action of the machines we have created to serve us." Just substitute corporations for machines and you'll get what passes for "thoughts" these days.
                    Just remember, once you "grow" the sport--some real athletes will start playing and most of us will never see a piece a scrip or a dollar payout for the rest of our lives.
                    Mike G

Comment

Originally posted by Mike G View Post
                      Just remember, once you "grow" the sport--some real athletes will start playing and most of us will never see a piece a scrip or a dollar payout for the rest of our lives.
                      Mike G
                      Like most of us are getting rich off the sport anyway. Is that why we play? Not for me. It's a true love of the game.

Comment

Well I wanted to put in my 2cent's. I have played this sport for about 5yrs. with a 23yr layoff, my first event when I came back to play was the 04 bsf. I am a very competitive person by nature as I think most people that play tourny's are as well, I will be 52 this april and have the mind of a 25yr old and the body of a 50yr old, it is not easy competing with the 39 to 49 yr olds with one good knee, but I still can walk so I try to make as many events as I can each year it's my way of getting away from the business and hanging out with some really good people and great friends. I get ribbed about being a sandbagger, but I also know that it's all in good fun ( I hope) we just played the WO and they had the pro's at one course and the am's at another which made for a bigger field, but on the flip side I didn't see any of the pro's the whole weekend. I know for myself I'm distance challenged so I do like to see the young guy's throw and play from places on the course I only dream about. I don't think it should matter to anyone if an am wants to play in any event they so choose and seperating people by their ability or lack of is just a way of telling someone there not good enough for that event, and I guess that's why this sport is where it is today. maybe if I can get the super secret scociety up and runinnig the great northwest, I can run some tourny's where no one shows up because there so secret nobody knows when or where they will be held

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X