• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    An Elitist Semi-Pro Snob
    Perfect!!!

Comment

Another thought on this.....

Kieth, Back when WE started playing there wasnt such an emphasis put on the whole Pro/Am thing...If you started winning events as an AM the Pros MADE YOU MOVE UP. We just are not allowed to do that anymore. Hence the talented AMS that we now have all across the country, just do not move into the pro division FULL TIME until they have accomplished thier goals of doing well at Am Worlds. If you look back for the past few years, the players who have WON AM Worlds typically play MORE Pro events than they do as AMS. And until recently they had to deny cash or payout all together. Now they are allowed to play Pro and except scrip in lieu of cash if they play well enough.
      The ratings system was designed to place people where they should be by how they play, the issue there is ALL Bump Rules were then abolished and a player can stay AM as long as they like no matter how good a player they become. I "could" step down and play AM if I wanted to due to the "Pros playing AM rule", But I just cant do it after 15 yrs in the Pro divisions.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        Nothing wrong with telling people why you aren't going and allowing to make their own decision, right?
        Any AM offended by Kieth is surely welcome to come play the AM ONLY Shootout at Hyzer Pines that same weekend in Sisters...

Unfortunately for me, I will be the TD, and will not be able to attend the Pioneer Masters Cup.....AGAIN.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
          Any AM offended by Kieth is surely welcome to come play the AM ONLY Shootout at Hyzer Pines that same weekend in Sisters...

Now we're talkin'!

Although it would be nice if they were on seperate weekends so Keith could help out at the AM event.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeStevensBA View Post
            If Jeff Elliott moves up for this tourney, can you see if you can keep him there permanently? He's killing us here in Ams... You can also keep Paul Wright as well...Good luck against them.
            they play where their ratings say they can play, i would suggest to everybody that complains about them winning so much that you need to step up your game to be competitive. not try to boot them out so everybody else can feel better.
            Team HOSER:dancing:
            Team OLY:cheerleader:
            Team Meteor

"Oh man, my burps are giving me whiplash"

Comment

Now we're talkin'!

Although it would be nice if they were on seperate weekends so Keith could help out at the AM event.

The Rebels have PLENTY of Pro Players who will be on hand to Staff the AM side of the Shootout................AND Ams who will do the same for the Pros the following weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                The Rebels have PLENTY of Pro Players who will be on hand to Staff the AM side of the Shootout................AND Ams who will do the same for the Pros the following weekend.
                I understand. I was taking a jab at Keith, since he seems to love us AMs so much.

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                  I am all for a Pro only event and have toyed with the idea of running one myself. Great idea! WRONG way to go about it!

I will not endorse this event and will encourage any and all Pro and Am players to not play it. This is not what I envision disc golf in this area to be about. Sorry Keith but this attitude is just plain wrong.

Bob
                  I'm with Bob. Keith Stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
                    Bob,

We all have a right to our own opinions, and while you might not agree with what Keith envisions encouraging people not to attend his event is not very diplomatic. Didn't a WA thread just blow up recently due to someone trying to start a boycott on another person's event?

If you don't like what Keith is putting on... don't go. Its that simple, but telling other people not to go is... in your own words... just plain wrong.

Respectfully,

An Elitist Semi-Pro Snob
                    Ok, maybe I'm wrong and shouldn't encourage anyone to not play in this event. Make up your own minds, if this is the direction you want Disc Golf to go in our area, then feel free to sign up.

Seperating Pro and Am tournaments is enevitable and if done right is not a problem. Props to Magilla for his Hyser Pines tournament. Discouraging players from playing is wrong and that is what is happening here.

Remember Jeff as an Elitist "Semi-Pro" Snob, you are not welcome in Keiths event. Only true Pro's!

Bob

Comment

Ok, maybe I'm wrong and shouldn't encourage anyone to not play in this event. Make up your own minds, if this is the direction you want Disc Golf to go in our area, then feel free to sign up.

Seperating Pro and Am tournaments is enevitable and if done right is not a problem. Props to Magilla for his Hyser Pines tournament. Discouraging players from playing is wrong and that is what is happening here.

Remember Jeff as an Elitist "Semi-Pro" Snob, you are not welcome in Keiths event. Only true Pro's!

Bob
                      The prefix Semi directly correlates to my frequency of CASHING.
                      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Bob

There "should" also be seperate Pro & Am events at Whistlers this year....

Comment

My impression is that "True Pro" = "One of Keith's Buddies".
                          Scott you must be a am too and I know Bob is to. Number one if you know me Im joking with the am's and also I have been playing for 27 years and I seen the sport grow and change alot but some of the changes I dont like. We have way to many am,s division and not enough people moving to pro level that is one thing that I would like to see change.

Bob its okay that you dont like me or what Im trying to do thats okay. I have done more for this sport than most of you and what Im trying to do is get pro,s to play this event to see how we can run pro events and to get some players back that wont play the big events with am's. Also I have gotten a few calls from pro's since I started this thread who agree with what Im saying and trying to do. Alot of pro players wont play these big events any more because of the am field.why should we pay higher fee's then have to play with huge am fields.

I forget how some people get upset when they read these post and if you are mad at what Im saying im sorry . I just dont want to have am players to play the event and go back to playing am after the event. I have been working hard raising money and some other suprizes for the event to show pro's this is what we need.
                          X - Man

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
                            Scott you must be a am too and I know Bob is to.
                            Yep, you caught me. Am city. Looks like I won't get to play in your little tournament. What a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike G View Post
                              I'm with Bob. Keith Stinks.
                              nothing wrong with a TD getting a feel for the community's view on these events....

Comment

It doesn't sound like anybodys getting a feel for the community views to me. It sounds like facist, Amature golfer bashing! What a PROFESSIONAL DOUCHE BAG!
                                A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X