Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a Pro Master's event, is there really concern that it will get filled by Am's? and it's at Timber where even Shupp has a shot at bogey golf.

Comment

Originally posted by DanD View Post
      It's a Pro Master's event, is there really concern that it will get filled by Am's? and it's at Timber where even Shupp has a shot at bogey golf.
      No its at Hornings hideout and its for all pro divisions sorry dan we wont have your sissy am divisions.Maybe you can hook up with some old folks your own age you know the ones with the walkers.
      X - Man

Comment

if an am can beat a pro, let him. i wouldn't want to join this tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by michaelgood03 View Post
          if an am can beat a pro, let him. i wouldn't want to join this tourney.
          you must be a am player?
          X - Man

Comment

I would probably do the restricted early registration to those who are above a certain rating or are registered as pro status with the pdga for a few weeks or even a month as suggested above to ensure that those pros who want to play can play, and then open the flood gates but hold a few more spots for those pros who register closer to tournament date, but set a deadline for holding the spots and annouce it to the public so there is no "inside stuff"... I would probably restrict anyone under 900 rated from playing, those boys need more practice before they drag the real pros around the course with their extra 10-20 strokes a round... hehehe stirrrrrr snap stirrrrrrr....

Comment

WOW!! What a terrible attitude for a TD...But, it seems that the resounding response to this thread is that whoever wants to play should be able to play...they're paying the same entry fees as everyone else which adds to the payout right?? So what is the big issue. And "cry baby ams"?? What's up with that?? It seems, at this point, that the only person crying is the person who is initially seeking the input...Why ask the question if you OBVIOUSLY don't like the answers you're getting. It's your tourney, the attitude sucks in my opinion, but it's your tourney. Now, if I'm still playing Adv how do I need to swear myself in to Pro to play this event? Maybe in blood? On the Bible? Will there be a Constitution that needs to be signed...Maybe a notary should be present! Will there be "true Pro" secret decoder rings given out for all who swear to the "true Pro" Gods??
              Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Originally posted by keith_shupp View Post
                To me a true pro player is someone who steps up and declares there self a pro player not if they won money or what there rating is. Why I started this was for two reasons one is those players who play am for years and will only jump to pro because its a non-Pdga events. there are players in our area who have played am for 10 years even some have played for 20 years(sand bag for ever). The second Bullseye brought up and that it will fill up and true pro's wont be able to sign up because of all the am's.

I have $2500 added cash already for payout and my goals is $5,000 which I will know by the end of the year. Im doing this event for the true Pro's players I want to see open pro, pro masters and pro grandmasters come out and play for some serious money and not have to deal with the cry baby am divisions getting in our way. Its time to seperate the men from the boys so if you are not a true pro player I dont want you to sign up just stay in your division. But if you think your ready make the move and declare yourself a true pro then you are welcome to sign up. Im only taking a 144 players for this event and if I dont get enough true pro's to sign up then thats okay I dont have to fill the rest of the field with want a be's who will just go back to playing am. We need to have more just pro events and it would be nice to see the Oregon pdga events step up and do this because you would see more pro's play again.
                I am all for a Pro only event and have toyed with the idea of running one myself. Great idea! WRONG way to go about it!

I will not endorse this event and will encourage any and all Pro and Am players to not play it. This is not what I envision disc golf in this area to be about. Sorry Keith but this attitude is just plain wrong.

Bob

Comment

My impression is that "True Pro" = "One of Keith's Buddies".

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
                    WOW!! What a terrible attitude for a TD...But, it seems that the resounding response to this thread is that whoever wants to play should be able to play...they're paying the same entry fees as everyone else which adds to the payout right?? So what is the big issue. And "cry baby ams"?? What's up with that?? It seems, at this point, that the only person crying is the person who is initially seeking the input...Why ask the question if you OBVIOUSLY don't like the answers you're getting. It's your tourney, the attitude sucks in my opinion, but it's your tourney. Now, if I'm still playing Adv how do I need to swear myself in to Pro to play this event? Maybe in blood? On the Bible? Will there be a Constitution that needs to be signed...Maybe a notary should be present! Will there be "true Pro" secret decoder rings given out for all who swear to the "true Pro" Gods??
                    I would think you need to shoot some good disc golf from now until the tournament to prove you aren't some kind of player who talks but dosent throw..... or bring a few trophies you ahve won in AMS...

Comment

I think that there is NO reason WHY an AM player shouldnt be allowed to "Step Up" and play Pro if he/she wishes to "test the waters"

There are certain events where entry by AMs should be limited UNTIL the Pros have been given a fair opportunity to sign up, ie Beaver State Fling, etc.

I am a serious advocate of running seperate Pro & Am events in our region purely due to the size of our players pool. For this very reason, we have split the Shootout at Hyzer Pines, next year, into two seperate events. I am quite sure that the AM event will nearly FILL, and also hope that some of the TOP AMS will "step Up" and play the Pro event as well.

MOST Pros have NO issues with Ams playing in Pro divisons. In VERY FEW cases will they cash, so as Dion stated..Its just MORE $ for us Pros to Win.

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                        I would think you need to shoot some good disc golf from now until the tournament to prove you aren't some kind of player who talks but dosent throw..... or bring a few trophies you ahve won in AMS...
                        Ah, Snap....O.D.R. is a pretty good AM...and "sometimes" he even gets lucky and beats a Pro heads up...

Comment

Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post

I will not endorse this event and will encourage any and all Pro and Am players to not play it. This is not what I envision disc golf in this area to be about. Sorry Keith but this attitude is just plain wrong.

Bob
                          Bob,

We all have a right to our own opinions, and while you might not agree with what Keith envisions encouraging people not to attend his event is not very diplomatic. Didn't a WA thread just blow up recently due to someone trying to start a boycott on another person's event?

If you don't like what Keith is putting on... don't go. Its that simple, but telling other people not to go is... in your own words... just plain wrong.

Respectfully,

An Elitist Semi-Pro Snob
                          "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Nothing wrong with telling people why you aren't going and allowing to make their own decision, right?

Comment

That's right Magilla, and those Pro's took it like men...Except for a little whining...
                              Victorious warriors win first then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win

Comment

Originally posted by OneDarkRebel View Post
                                That's right Magilla, and those Pro's took it like men...Except for a little whining...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X