X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brody Cannon
    started a topic La Mirada or Disneyland?

La Mirada or Disneyland?

Over christmas I'll be at disneyland with my family but i noticed La Mirada is somewhat close. Is it worth missing a day of Disneyland fun to go to La Mirada?? I've heard good things about it. Who's played it?

I'm super excited about the trip but even more excited to see a famous course on the map!
    Last edited by Brody Cannon; October 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM.

• Joshua Olmsted
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Or you just head north and play Lake Casitas. At least 4 people on these boards can vouch that it is the shizznittlebamsnipsnap course in So-Cal.
    It was the best course I played going through Cali, my second favorite on the west coast after only McIver. Though I also had a blast playing La Mirada, and I didn't even have enough time to play the long, "back 9". My only advice if you're trying to do the La Mirada and D-Land tour in a day would be to take into account the traffic time, that was what cut my round there short.

Leave a comment:

• ChUcK
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim View Post
    Or you just head north and play Lake Casitas. At least 4 people on these boards can vouch that it is the shizznittlebamsnipsnap course in So-Cal.
    Glad I can do my 25%.

Casitas starts rocking hard on hole 1's drive over the chasm, and it doesn't stop until you're back in your car wondering if perhaps your grammy's tuna casserole can wait a few more hours for another quick 18.

If you can, play La Mirada on a weekday. There's too many slum fishermen trying to hook some Gorton's out of the "lake" on weekends.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied

Leave a comment:

• snap7times
    replied
    whatever, play more disc golf and less rides that have lines that take longer than a group of 20 to finish a hole...

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    use the money you would have spent at Disney Land on a ride down to San Diego and play morley field in addition to playing La Mirada...
    THAT would be a waste of time..........to do that you would have to drive past Emerald Isle in Oceanside....ONLY the MOST successful DiscGolf on BallGolf course in existance.

The course is on a Par 3 & 4 ball golf course...NOT the extrodinary distances that you would find on other courses that are installed on Ball Golf courses.
    Though Morley is a fun course.....It is WAY too over crowded..but would be OK IF you like playing thru 12somes on every hole.

Leave a comment:

• snap7times
    replied
    use the money you would have spent at Disney Land on a ride down to San Diego and play morley field in addition to playing La Mirada...

Leave a comment:

• captain jack
    replied
    Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
    F D-Land! DG all day! Then go to Magic Mountain early on a weekday.....
    Lived in L.A. for 15 years, I gotta agree with this advice.

D-Land is a yawner, Magic Mountain has the best area rides, even Knotts has better rides than D-Land.

Also I would recommend checking out a store down there called Discovering the World, in Buena Park, it's an O.G. disc store, been around for a long time, got some good stuff there.

Leave a comment:

• Magilla
    replied
    Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

You got THAT right. If its roller coasters that your after..there is NO PLACE like Magic Mountain on the west coast.

Leave a comment:

• TreeLove
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    The vast majority of my rounds come very early in the day. You could get there early and easily play two rounds and be to D-Land by lunchtime. I think they close at Midnight, so that will give you plenty of time there.

Leave a comment:

• Eric Olson
    replied
    Yeah, disc golf > disneyland if you're over the age of 12.

Leave a comment:

• Tim
    replied
    Heh, I remember living in Santa Barbara, walking to the course one day, and thinking how sweet it was to be wearing shorts in February. You don't have to worry about the weather.

You're what, like 18, Brody? I went to Disney World when I was like 15, and by all accounts, the World is supposed to be bigger and badder than the Land, but I didn't find a whole lot of interest for me. I pretty much spent the day riding Space Mountain over and over. It's definitely catered to parents and younger kids. I'd say still check it out to say you've gone, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be looking towards Mirada.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
    Does that means like chance of rain highs in the 50s? or sunny in the 60s?
    Yes, that sounds about right. If it's going to rain, winter is when it's most likely, but even then it's pretty rare.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate...ation=USCA0027

Leave a comment:

• smobro
    replied
    oh, and don't worry about rain in Southern Cal. Worry about SMOG

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X