X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• La Mirada or Disneyland?

Over christmas I'll be at disneyland with my family but i noticed La Mirada is somewhat close. Is it worth missing a day of Disneyland fun to go to La Mirada?? I've heard good things about it. Who's played it?

I'm super excited about the trip but even more excited to see a famous course on the map!
    Last edited by Brody Cannon; October 8th, 2009, 09:51 PM.

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
    Over christmas I'll be at disneyland with my family but i noticed La Miranda is somewhat close. Is it worth missing a day of Disneyland fun to go to La Miranda?? I've heard good things about it. Who's played it?

I'm super excited about the trip but even more excited to see a famous course on the map!
    Just a note...its La Mirada....

You could probably get an EARLY round in at La Mirada and THEN head to Disneyland for the rest of the day...maybe miss an hour or 2 at Disneyland.

OR

Go to Disneyland...get your hand stamped and leave and go to La Mirada THEN come back to Disneyland.

You could easily do both without an issue......and the earlier you play LaMa...the less "foot traffic" you would have to contend with. The park is HEAVILY used by patrons NOT discgolfing, especially on the weekends.

It is BY FAR the best groomed course in the LA area.....LOTS of manicured green grass AND worth playing while you are there.

Comment

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
      Just a note...its La Mirada....

You could probably get an EARLY round in at La Mirada and THEN head to Disneyland for the rest of the day...maybe miss an hour or 2 at Disneyland.

OR

Go to Disneyland...get your hand stamped and leave and go to La Mirada THEN come back to Disneyland.

You could easily do both without an issue......and the earlier you play LaMa...the less "foot traffic" you would have to contend with. The park is HEAVILY used by patrons NOT discgolfing, especially on the weekends.

It is BY FAR the best groomed course in the LA area.....LOTS of manicured green grass AND worth playing while you are there.

I totally just noticed my typo right before you said something

I definitely want to play it and it sounds like it's worth it. What's the weather there around late december?

Comment

What's the weather there around late december?
        Probably just fine.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
          Probably just fine.
          Does that means like chance of rain highs in the 50s? or sunny in the 60s? I have no idea what it's like down there

Comment

La Mirada is a good course in its normal layout but it would be awesome if you could see it in the 10,000+ foot Golden State layout. In it's normal layout it is worth playing, but is not the legend you have heard of. The Golden State layout is the one I played in the Masters this year. Very long and lots of mandos, and OB. If you can, have a local show you the additional layout. They will know it. It basically turns 18 holes into 9 on one side and another huge 9 on the back.

But play it if you can, it's more fun than the Teacups at Disney
            Training to be a bagger

Comment

oh, and don't worry about rain in Southern Cal. Worry about SMOG
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

Does that means like chance of rain highs in the 50s? or sunny in the 60s?
                Yes, that sounds about right. If it's going to rain, winter is when it's most likely, but even then it's pretty rare.

http://www.usclimatedata.com/climate...ation=USCA0027
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Heh, I remember living in Santa Barbara, walking to the course one day, and thinking how sweet it was to be wearing shorts in February. You don't have to worry about the weather.

You're what, like 18, Brody? I went to Disney World when I was like 15, and by all accounts, the World is supposed to be bigger and badder than the Land, but I didn't find a whole lot of interest for me. I pretty much spent the day riding Space Mountain over and over. It's definitely catered to parents and younger kids. I'd say still check it out to say you've gone, but if I were in your shoes, I'd be looking towards Mirada.
                  Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Yeah, disc golf > disneyland if you're over the age of 12.

Comment

The vast majority of my rounds come very early in the day. You could get there early and easily play two rounds and be to D-Land by lunchtime. I think they close at Midnight, so that will give you plenty of time there.

Comment

F D-Land! DG all day! Then go to Magic Mountain early on a weekday.....
                        Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                        Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                        Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                        Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                        Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post

You got THAT right. If its roller coasters that your after..there is NO PLACE like Magic Mountain on the west coast.

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                            Lived in L.A. for 15 years, I gotta agree with this advice.

D-Land is a yawner, Magic Mountain has the best area rides, even Knotts has better rides than D-Land.

Also I would recommend checking out a store down there called Discovering the World, in Buena Park, it's an O.G. disc store, been around for a long time, got some good stuff there.

Comment

use the money you would have spent at Disney Land on a ride down to San Diego and play morley field in addition to playing La Mirada...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X