X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon State Parks day use fees to increase on Jan 1st, 2010

Day use fees will increase from $3.00 to $5.00 on Jan 1st. There is no word on whether or not the price of an annual pass will increase as well. If you don't have one, now might be a good time to get one.
    http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/dayuse_permit.shtml

I gotta think the annual passes will go up too.

By far the best deal: 2 years, 2 cars, $50. $12.50 per year per vehicle.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

The article you linked to says nothing about a fee increase, that I can find. Where did you hear this?
      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

I heard about it on the news, then found the following website:

http://www.oregon.gov/OPRD/PARKS/fee_increase.shtml

As a synopsis, annual rates are increasing to the 2-vehicle cost, but you'll be able to move the pass between vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by ptld2001 View Post
          As a synopsis, annual rates are increasing to the 2-vehicle cost, but you'll be able to move the pass between vehicles.
          Being able to move it between vehicles makes it sound more convenient, but it's not: "Damn, the pass is in our other car!"
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
            The article you linked to says nothing about a fee increase, that I can find. Where did you hear this?
            Sorry about that. I first read about it here.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
              Being able to move it between vehicles makes it sound more convenient, but it's not: "Damn, the pass is in our other car!"
              True. I love having passes in both cars. Usually when we travel in my wife's car we don't necessarily plan to stop at a state park, but will if we pass one because we have the pass.

Comment

Glad I got my new pass early, and if you mount it on a static sticker it mounts on any window of any car
                Last edited by JMan; October 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM.
                educate your thinking

Comment

I heard about this about 3 months ago and I think it about time. They have not had a increase since 1996 while funds have been cut from them and given to other departments in the state. This money will help them to move forward with much needed improvements and also will help disc golf in the long run with new courses and up keep. The yearly pass will go up about $5 i believe which makes the yearly pass still a great deal to disc golfers and other user groups.

We are lucky to have a great state park system here in Oregon that supports disc golf in a big way. So buy those season passes and always be a State park volunteer and if you are rich have extra money donate it to state parks.
                  X - Man

Comment

Rates should go up at the same rate VA pensions get their cost of living increases.
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                    Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X