Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disc golf flight sim?

http://www.discflightsim.com/

has anyone used this?

I have it, but haven't used it in a while. I got it when it first came out, so the guy may have made some updates to it, I'm not sure. Basically, it's a program that's got a lot of potential, but needs some kinks to be worked out, IMO. Well, actually, I guess a better way to put it is that it's a great engine, but isn't exactly made to be a "game." You have a full set of discs you can throw, and the flight is the most realistic interpretation I've seen in a computer program (hyzer/anhyzer angles, high speed turn, low speed fade, etc.) Thing is, there's no "character" you play, so you can bomb every disc with Avery Jenkins power and laser precision. Also, the controls are a little convoluted with a bunch of keys to do different things. The whole concept is VERY COOL though, I just wish it were an actual game--any programmers out there that aren't doing anything?

Even though the sim isn't the be all/end all of disc golf software, I'd encourage anybody to pick up a copy--the dude has obviously put a lot of work into it, and selling more copies might very well lead to a full game sometime down the road.
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

i played around with the demo a while ago. its pretty fun for the first day or so, then i just ran around and if you run full speed then throw the disc, it flies like 1200 feet.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X