X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowell-watch thread

Since Lowell is one of the people most responsible for me getting into disc golf, I just wanted to put up this place to be informed of his progress and to say my thoughts are with him and Chris today.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Great idea Bob, I know a lot of us will be thinking about Lowell today. A buddy of mine is the one that first showed me the sport, but Lowell really is the one who helped me get hooked. About six years ago I found out about Lowell and started to buy disc after disc from him, and get pointer after pointer from him, so I pretty much have got deeper in to the sport and better and better because of Lowell. He has done so much for our sport and I would like to thank him for that now and say please get better as soon as possible.
    Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      Since Lowell is one of the people most responsible for me getting into disc golf, I just wanted to put up this place to be informed of his progress and to say my thoughts are with him and Chris today.
      What's up with Lowell?

Thoughts & Prayers for one of the NW's "elder statesman" of DiscGolf.

Comment

http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...?t=3058&page=2
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Best wishes to Lowell and Family
          "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

As great a person as he is a golfer, Lowells contributions to the growth of the sport in our area and as a whole cannot be overstated.

He has been without a doubt the most influential figure in my err....career as a disc golfer.

Mine and Sara's thoughts and prayers are with you Lowell, get well soon and back to silky smooth drives and bangin' putts from anywhere and everywhere.

Comment

I saw Gordy tonight at our weekly ping pong session at Geezer's. He spoke with Lowell's wife Chris post surgery and heard that it went very well and the docs were able to accomplish what they were hoping to repair. I'm sure Lowell will be taking it pretty easy for a while but the outlook is very good. I spoke to Lowell yesterday and he seemed upbeat and optimistic. I think we'll see him up and around soon!

Comment

Lowell!!!! Thoughts are good for you man!!! I know you wont read this but the community is behind you and hopes you are blessed with a speedy recovery!!!!

Comment

I saw Gordy tonight at our weekly ping pong session at Geezer's. He spoke with Lowell's wife Chris post surgery and heard that it went very well and the docs were able to accomplish what they were hoping to repair. I'm sure Lowell will be taking it pretty easy for a while but the outlook is very good. I spoke to Lowell yesterday and he seemed upbeat and optimistic. I think we'll see him up and around soon!
                  Awesome!
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by ericedge View Post
                    That's great to here! 2 1/2 years ago I had two stents put in my heart and a month later when the doc told me I needed get more exercise I took up disc golf. Best thing I ever did. Looking forward to seeing you back on the course Lowell.

Bob

Comment

I just heard from Chris. Lowell is doing well. The doctor performed the minimal amount of surgery required to repair the valve. The tubes are out and he is speaking and resting comfortably.
                      Thanks for everyone's prayers and wishes!
                      "I love it when a plan comes together" -John 'Hannibal' Smith

Comment

Geez, now we're going to have to listen to another geezer tell us about his operation.

I can't wait to hear, Lowell!

Comment

So how is Lowell doing? Anyone heard anything?

Comment

lowell needs to get better so I can try to beat him next year at the mud I need some redemtion after this year.Get better soon lowell:
                            PDGA # 31451
                            2 Mini Aces
                            74 Aces
                            PEOPLE WHO HELP ME LOTS IN DISC GOLF
                            DISC GOLF OR DIE
                            BOB CABAL
                            DISCVANGO
                            JEFF ELLIOT
                            G-MAN
                            JORDAN LEWIS
                            JEFF HAGERTY
                            JAMES GARCELON
                            SAM GIBSON

And always remember, life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by those moments that take our breath away.

George Carlin

Comment

Lowell is out of the hospital now and doing well. He's still not incredibly mobile, but he seems to be in good spirits, other than wishing he could be out throwing.
                              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X