Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally shot a -9 at Rockwood. Did it about a month ago with Ty Baker in company. It's funny, I don't remember much about the round other that Ty and I talking about house remodeling. I got to hole 9, drove, then walked down the fairway and started thinking about my score because I had lost track and then realized I was at 8 down. Had to make a 25 footer for -9.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Phillips View Post
      I finally shot a -9 at Rockwood. Did it about a month ago with Ty Baker in company. It's funny, I don't remember much about the round other that Ty and I talking about house remodeling. I got to hole 9, drove, then walked down the fairway and started thinking about my score because I had lost track and then realized I was at 8 down. Had to make a 25 footer for -9.
      Nice! When I was there for the ace race, I was -8 through 7 holes but I got par on holes 8 and 9.

Comment

Just shot my new PB at Horning's Hideout.

Played the new course and set my PB at -4. Played a second round and shot -11.

Matthew shot -4 his second round.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          Just shot my new PB at Horning's Hideout.

Played the new course and set my PB at -4. Played a second round and shot -11.

Matthew shot -4 his second round.
          Way cool! Congrats! To both you AND Mathew.

Maybe there's finally a course that I shoot 1 or 2 over on.

Bob

Comment

nice shooting scott and matthew. word from Bob Horning is the course is actually supossed to play using all par 2's though.
            All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

Shot -4 for my last round at Leverich. Went +1, -3, -4. I can see a -7 or -8 at this course though technically all holes are birdie-able.
              ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                nice shooting scott and matthew. word from Bob Horning is the course is actually supossed to play using all par 2's though.
                Wow Trozz, just couldn't let him have a little glory could you? I wouldn't make Scott mad before the next Tourney. He may want to take it out on all of us in REC.
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                  Wow Trozz, just couldn't let him have a little glory could you? I wouldn't make Scott mad before the next Tourney. He may want to take it out on all of us in REC.
                  Sorry, that will be Matt Kabza. Count on it.
                  Proud member #20 of STUMPTOWN Disc Golf and the PDGA #30488
                  Damn The Weak Side!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                    Shot -4 for my last round at Leverich. Went +1, -3, -4. I can see a -7 or -8 at this course though technically all holes are birdie-able.
                    I went -4, -5, -4, -8. So as far as I know, the "Course Record" is now set at -8. I think that's beatable, so go get it. I really want to firm up a -10, I think that would stand for quite some time.

Oh, and Kyle's brother (I can't remember his name) got Leverich's first ace on hole....9! I was not expecting 9 to be the first ace, more like hole 2, 8, or 12. He threw a forehand that was laying in the basket when they walked up, nice job! Gotta love the acing the first day a course is open!

Comment

• I shot my PB here in southern Oregon at Cougar ridge with a -5. I was trying to beat Lane masons record of -7 then he showed up yesterday and broke his own record at our winter series tourney and shot a -8. Well at least i got to be in his group when he did it! Well maybe ill beat you someday Lane, untill then keep up the good work.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darr View Post
                        Sorry, that will be Matt Kabza. Count on it.

Cool to see him playing in it. Yep he definitely is the one to beat at this point. He has tons of game. He proved that at the HAB REC. Now I know you won't be playing MA3 Darr. Who wants, "beat by a 14 year old" on their disc golf resume? Say, aren't the new ratings coming out this week? It will be interesting to see who is still sub 900 and eligible to be playing MA3. You know I am just messing with you. It is wise for you to continue to play up. It will make you better. This will be my last MA3 event as I am playing with the old dudes next year and there is no sub 900 catagory for over 40 players. I get to go back to the bottom of the pack for a while.
                        Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                          I went -4, -5, -4, -8. So as far as I know, the "Course Record" is now set at -8. I think that's beatable, so go get it. I really want to firm up a -10, I think that would stand for quite some time.

Oh, and Kyle's brother (I can't remember his name) got Leverich's first ace on hole....9! I was not expecting 9 to be the first ace, more like hole 2, 8, or 12. He threw a forehand that was laying in the basket when they walked up, nice job! Gotta love the acing the first day a course is open!

Nice shooting Gwillim!

I shot -2 and -6 on my two rounds. I saw you out there hitting birds in the dark when I was leaving so I didn't think the 6 down was going to stand for long.

I think your 100% correct that -10 will be the record shortly. #3 and #4 are going to be the tough ones to get. Although with the right distance you could end up just outside the forest area on 3 with a good look at a 20-30 footer for a 2. #4 is going to be tough until it gets cleared out a little bit for use. There are windows there but they are very very tight right now.

Good times to everyone that was out at LP yesterday!

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
                            Cool to see him playing in it. Yep he definitely is the one to beat at this point. He has tons of game. He proved that at the HAB REC. Now I know you won't be playing MA3 Darr. Who wants, "beat by a 14 year old" on their disc golf resume? Say, aren't the new ratings coming out this week? It will be interesting to see who is still sub 900 and eligible to be playing MA3. You know I am just messing with you. It is wise for you to continue to play up. It will make you better. This will be my last MA3 event as I am playing with the old dudes next year and there is no sub 900 catagory for over 40 players. I get to go back to the bottom of the pack for a while.
                            Whhooooppps. I was thinking Matt Elzinga, not Matt Kabaza. My Bad! stupid internet
                            Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by Andy Robinson View Post
                              #4 is going to be tough until it gets cleared out a little bit for use. There are windows there but they are very very tight right now.
                              Deuced it today from 15 feet! (Righty backhand hyzer with 175g Champion FX Firebird.) Shot my new PB for the 1st 12: -5, bogey free!
                              Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                              Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                              Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                              Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                              Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• I saw #3 at Leverich ALMOST birdied today; it was a 350-foot drive (by a lefty) that landed near the path. #10 will take a monster drive and a gutsy putt to deuce.

My best round was -2.
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X