X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zippyboy View Post
    If Ol' Bob had actually JOINED us out there for the round...
    Was that the message on my aswering machine? Geez, I thought you were coming here. I was wondering why you didn't show up and just hung around, waithing. A couple from Seattle came by this afternoon and rescued me. They were in Long Beach and googled to find a course. I shot an even round for 23.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
      Wanted to post a few more WA PB's on here!

We just got here and I've only played these courses a few times, but I do like keeping track of progress over time:

Lakewood: 47
      Seatac: 57
      North Park: 49 (first round!)
      Terrace Creek: 43 (first round! - this one felt good!)

Thats all I've played for singles rounds so far so I'm sure additions will be made to this list
      Wow, I didn't realize you shot -11 that day at Terrace. I knew you were shooting pretty hot. Chuck and I were both like "damn...this guy is good. I need to play more rounds with him!"
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

An absoulutely gorgeous day to play golf yesterday. I had one round at HH, and shot a PB -2. I was at -5 late in the round, but had a little slide at the end.

I played Rockwood/Vance last week and shot -5 at Rockwood and -7 at Vance (after 7 holes, no less).

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
          I had one round at HH, and shot a PB -2. I was at -5 late in the round, but had a little slide at the end.
          Been there. I was once at -6 after 12 holes at Horning's and ended up at -1.
          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
            Been there. I was once at -6 after 12 holes at Horning's and ended up at -1.
            For me, a 3 on 13 and 18 are pretty much unattainable for me right now. So when I have that hot round going early on I pretty much know that I'm going to come back down to earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
              For me, a 3 on 13 and 18 are pretty much unattainable for me right now. So when I have that hot round going early on I pretty much know that I'm going to come back down to earth.
              I got a 3 on #13, once. I once strung together a 3 on #18, but at least 2 of the 3 shots were second attempts.

I definitely come closer to parring #13 than #18, at any rate.
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I got a 3 on #13, once. I once strung together a 3 on #18, but at least 2 of the 3 shots were second attempts.

I really like #18 because it requires three really good shots to par it. I don't know what makes a hole a "signature" hole, but I always think of that hole when I think of HH.
                Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

My best on 13 was about a 40' putt for three that just missed.

On 18, I'm usually on the right side (farthest from the basket) of the swamp after two throws. I still need a great upshot to get a four on that one.

Comment

I have one 3 on 18 that I hit with a LONG shot from the swampy area. Every other time has been a 4 or higher. 13 I was scoring par on regularly when I first started playing there... but now it is like 80/20 3/4.
                    ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                    ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by proto something or other View Post
                      I really like #18 because it requires three really good shots to par it. I don't know what makes a hole a "signature" hole, but I always think of that hole when I think of HH.
                      Really? Not the hole with the peace sign? That's what I think of when I think of HH...
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Really? Not the hole with the peace sign? That's what I think of when I think of HH...
                        Hippie...

Comment

Ya think?
                          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                            That's what I think of when I think of this website.

I really, really, like hole 18. I think it's arguably the best hole out there (on that course. Dunno if there are better holes planned/being installed).

I like it because it is Milo-esque. It requires you to consider strategy off the tee. It allows for multiple approaches to how you throw your tee shot, (forehand, backhand, backhand-roller, etc.) and it has great terrain.

I love it so much, I think I will marry it.
                            Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

I agree that it is the best hole out there - though I also really enjoy 17... and 9... and 5... and 6...
                              ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X