Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well that's impressive. I can't imagine getting a three on both #3 and #8. Even #1 is tough without a perfect drive.

My best round at Rooster East was also -2, but I did it by going 4, 2, 5, 2, 2, 2, 2, 4, 2!
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• The other day I took my 2nd shot on Geezer with a putter...but failed to card a 3. Still, the longest tee shot of my life was fun to see.
      The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• Nice flock of birds there Adam - Rooster East giveth and taketh away, definitely, but it gave me the weird ones - I'm usually good for at least 3 birdies back there, but I don't recall ever hitting that many!

I never figured I'd get my first negative round for the 18 by dropping strokes back there - I've never seen anyone par all of them, and I've seen at least one open player take a snowman on 3...

Things can get brutal out there.

Chuck, where is Geezer? Is that a nickname for one of the holes?

Comment

• Originally posted by erp View Post
          Nice flock of birds there Adam - Rooster East giveth and taketh away, definitely, but it gave me the weird ones - I'm usually good for at least 3 birdies back there, but I don't recall ever hitting that many!

I never figured I'd get my first negative round for the 18 by dropping strokes back there - I've never seen anyone par all of them, and I've seen at least one open player take a snowman on 3...

Things can get brutal out there.

Chuck, where is Geezer? Is that a nickname for one of the holes?
          Any place I'M at!

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by erp View Post
            I'm usually good for at least 3 birdies back there, but I don't recall ever hitting that many!
            Well, I pretty much expect to get #4, #5, and #6. #7 is easy if the big tree doesn't slap you down in the gully, and #9 isn't hard if you execute your shot correctly. #2 takes some luck.
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Geezer is hole 12 at Lakewood Park, it's a 650-ish monster that's tough to 3. Never seen a deuce, but I hear stories...
              The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

• Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                The other day I took my 2nd shot on Geezer with a putter...but failed to card a 3. Still, the longest tee shot of my life was fun to see.
                Yep, and it looks like we all need to work on our upshots instead...
                Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• so i bested my PB at Cottage grove with a -8... then Tom says "oh? your right! i should move all the baskets to the longer harder placements." and thats exactly what we did... sigh :-D

Comment

• I just moved to this area about 8 months ago, and love playing Dexter. When I moved here I was averaging +10, my best is now a +1 with myself averaging +5 ish

Comment

• It took me two years to shoot under par at Dexter... tough but so much fun.

Comment

• All I ever like to do, is make one shot better than I ever had before, each time I go out to play.
                        One drive thats longer, or one really good 50 foot putt.

At Seatac, on most holes I just try and get close in two shots, but even that can be pretty challenging.

After a disappointing warmup round with another player who posts here, on my second round, I birdied #3 for the first time ever, after playing the course for years now.

This is no big deal for most of you who can RHBH a drive down to within' 50' of the pin, but my best LHFH doesnt ever go past the last row of trees, so its a big deal for me.

And another personal best, so I'm happy for now.
                        Next challenge will be to birdie #4, that might take a little longer.

Comment

• Nice upshot, and way to save it for the first hole after I left.
                          Read this ^

Comment

• Originally posted by DMajor View Post
                            Nice upshot, and way to save it for the first hole after I left.
                            I never play well when I play with you.

You drive so much farther than I do, so I just hurt my arm trying to keep up.
                            Hey I was happy on most shots to throw it farther than your girl did.

Greg saw my bird, and the two young dudes we were playing with.

Man it was CROWDED out there yesterday, I have never seen so many people out at Seatac, big groups and families, long waits at most of the holes on the back nine, I'm still blaming you, Dan, for telling everyone how awesome Seatac is.

Hey Chuck, did you set up the new seating on 10 ?

Comment

• I didn't touch a disc for three days and played acouple windy rounds at terrace yesterday.

First round +7 with lots of bogeys 3,5,8,11,13,18p one double 15 and one birdie 6.

Second round -4 new personal best. Birdied 6,8,11,14,16,17

bogeyed 4,10
                              Read this ^

Comment

• river side...blue course...-3

was -5 going into hole 13...hit rim to miss my par. so gave a stroke back there

and hole 15 i hit the yellow rim to miss my par... so gave my 2nd stroke back

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X