Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A personal best is a personal best; it doesn't matter whether it's an easy course or not.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Bird View Post
      Well I'm new at this (playing less than 3 months) and it was a pretty short course but I shot a -2 @ Corbin this morning (9 holes).
      1st time under par so I was stoked anyways
      Nice. I shot my personal best on both layouts this year at a -7 down on the A layout and a -6 on the B layout.

My buddy hit his first ace on 13 in the same game.

Plus Corbin maybe short but it's technical. 3 months and under par is awesome.
      "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
      Cleveland Brown

Comment

• My first time playing Orchard Park on Sunday I shot a -1.
        Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

• had a pretty good couple of weeks.
          4 dexter rounds: -4, -4, E, +4 (never shot back to back -4 at the dex before).
          3 cottage grove rounds: -6, -3, E (-6 is a pb for me at the grove)

-13 after 7 rounds
          Last edited by Dr. Zaius; December 30th, 2009, 01:35 AM.
          May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

• Shot my PB this morning @ Adair:
            +3 58
            All pars w/ 12 in a row to start then bogies on 13, 14, and 16.
            Missed an easy bird on 15 but I also saved par on 4 with a 45 footer through the trees.
            Crushed my prior best by 6 strokes (Adair usually tears me up, especially 6-9).
            Last edited by T-Bird; January 3rd, 2010, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• All I was saying is that Bob set that course to be a par 2 course, yet everyone plays it as a par 3 and records their scores based on that. my best playing "par 3" is -12, which wouldnt look so good if I played it par 2's.
              All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• When did Bob specifically say that the HH Highland course was supposed to be par 2? My understanding was that it was just supposed to be a beginner-friendly course.

A course full of Par 2 holes is unrealistic, because then the ONLY way to score under par is to get aces. Why can't you just call it an easy Par 3 course, and know that a really good score is double digits negative?
                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• talk to Bob about that one
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• For scoring purposes it's easiest to just call that course a red tee course, with everything on that course par 3s. If a pro were to go through that course yes, he would be expected to be a minus 12 at least, but that's not what that course was designed for, it's not a tournament course. It's designed for working on your short game, Ace races, a good beginners course, an overall fun course.

BTW the only time that there are any official par 2s is in Blue or Gold tee courses.

I think where the confusion comes in is when I first made the course I did talk to folks, saying that really, really good players should be able to hit most of the holes in 2, so don't be too hard on Troy.

Comment

• I think par 2 is a complete farce, an abomination of the game. By definition, a golfer always gets 2 putts to make par, after they have reached the Green In Regulation (that's after one shot on a par 3, 2 shots on a par 4, 3 shots on a par 5). I am dumbfounded that the PDGA would entertain such a fantasy as a par 2, but they do...
                      Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
                      Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
                      Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
                      Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
                      Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Originally posted by TreeLove View Post
                        I think par 2 is a complete farce, an abomination of the game. By definition, a golfer always gets 2 putts to make par, after they have reached the Green In Regulation (that's after one shot on a par 3, 2 shots on a par 4, 3 shots on a par 5). I am dumbfounded that the PDGA would entertain such a fantasy as a par 2, but they do...
                        I couldn't agree with you more, what's wrong with an easy par three, come on now.
                        Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

• Agreed on the par 2... it's a travesty, a sham, and a mockery...it's a 'travesthamockery'!! (Bud Light commercial)

I tied my pb at Lake Stevens today w/ a -7 on White tees... was -9 going into 17 and bogied what should be a birdie look for me, and then got greedy trying to hit a dangerous 50 footer on #18... it's practically an auto-roll-away if you miss a putt on that basket, but I wanted that stroke back. For what was a solid round, I left really disappointed that I let it slip away & didn't shoot -9 or better... might as well have been +7...
                          Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

Comment

• I shot a -8 and a -6 back to back at Cottage Grove Yesterday... I had 4 bogeys... but birdied half of the holes I played... not bad.

Comment

• I guess a hole could be a par 2 if it was 30' long, green in regulation in none!
                              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

• Played Dallas City Park yesterday and was on track for a -4, but lost it on the last two and ended -2.
                                Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X