Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally strung together a decent score on McIvers 18 west. Though I'm fairly bummed it didn't turn out better. Missed three ten foot putts, while talking to my buddy Alex that I haven't really seen in a year and a half. That's life though, anyways I shot a 55. 1-5, 3-4's, 4-2's, not a terrible round.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bruce View Post
      Finally strung together a decent score on McIvers 18 west. Though I'm fairly bummed it didn't turn out better. Missed three ten foot putts, while talking to my buddy Alex that I haven't really seen in a year and a half. That's life though, anyways I shot a 55. 1-5, 3-4's, 4-2's, not a terrible round.
      Nice round Bruce... I shot my best consecutive rounds out there last time I played Milo as well. On Saturday I shot a 56 on the west then backed it up with a 57 on the East. I attribute it all to Matt B's lucky dog, Lola.
      "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        Nice round Bruce... I shot my best consecutive rounds out there last time I played Milo as well. On Saturday I shot a 56 on the west then backed it up with a 57 on the East. I attribute it all to Matt B's lucky dog, Lola.
        And here I thought it was my pleasant demeanor and lively company. If I end up playing some events in Open Old Guys next year, Lola will not be there to save you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
          If I end up playing some events in Open Old Guys next year, Lola will not be there to save you!
          Open old guys? One thing you have to understand (if you plan to join our ranks) is that we old guys pride ourselves on keeping our flies zipped all the way up whenever we are in public. We expect the same from you.

Comment

• Well I'm new at this (playing less than 3 months) and it was a pretty short course but I shot a -2 @ Corbin this morning (9 holes).
            1st time under par so I was stoked anyways

Comment

• I threw my pb at timber the other day. -3 with 3 bogeys
              ________
              HONDA HR-V HISTORY
              Last edited by Jonesy; March 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM.

Comment

• My son Matthew hit his personal best (-5) at the Highlands course this morning. Six birdies (five in a row) and one bogey (overthrew hole 2 and ended up way down the hill). He nailed a ~40 downhill putt on 18 to save par and get his PB.

Same round - I tied my PB with -12.

Fun round. I really enjoy watching his game evolve with every round we play.

Comment

• Not trying to take away from your round or Matthews great round, but it still cracks me up when anyone post scores at Hornings Highlands saying " I shot -11, - 12 or whatever. How many of you actually play it as the par 2 course that it really is meant to be played. what are the records now????
                  All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• I do play it as par 3's like the norm is, but technically Bob Horning followed PDGa Standards and the course is a par 2 per hole course.
                    All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Trozzle!!! View Post
                      Not trying to take away from your round or Matthews great round, but it still cracks me up when anyone post scores at Hornings Highlands saying " I shot -11, - 12 or whatever. How many of you actually play it as the par 2 course that it really is meant to be played. what are the records now????

Really?
                      Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by trozzle!!! View Post
                        not trying to take away from your round or matthews great round, but it still cracks me up when anyone post scores at hornings highlands saying " i shot -11, - 12 or whatever. How many of you actually play it as the par 2 course that it really is meant to be played. What are the records now????
                        booooooooo!!!!

Comment

Not trying to take away from your round or Matthews great round, but it still cracks me up when anyone post scores at Hornings Highlands saying " I shot -11, - 12 or whatever. How many of you actually play it as the par 2 course that it really is meant to be played. what are the records now????
                          Sorry, but I don't think all of the holes on the Highland would be considered a par 2. Troy what is your PB on that course? You say you are not trying to take away from Mathew's PB, but in my opinion that is actually what you did. Bad form I would say

Cindy
                          Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                          2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                          Stumptown #176
                          PDGA #37716

Comment

• To add to this...It would only technically be a "Par 2" for a 1000 rated player, Troy. Look at the PDGA guidelines for setting par.

Comment

Actually, it sounds like that is exactly what you are trying to do.

If you prefer....

My son Matthew hit his personal best 49 at the Highlands course this morning. Six birdies (five in a row) and one bogey (overthrew hole 2 and ended up way down the hill). He nailed a ~40 downhill putt on 18 to save par and get his PB.

Same round - I tied my PB with 42.

Is that better?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
                                Actually, it sounds like that is exactly what you are trying to do.

If you prefer....

My son Matthew hit his personal best 49 at the Highlands course this morning. Six birdies (five in a row) and one bogey (overthrew hole 2 and ended up way down the hill). He nailed a ~40 downhill putt on 18 to save par and get his PB.

Same round - I tied my PB with 42.

Is that better?

Great Job Matthew!
                                Putting......heh...EASIEST THING IN THE WORLD!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X