Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should have mentioned that in my one and only trip to Dabney, I was in the zone. That was Before Injury (BI). I tossed a +2 on my first round and a +4 on my second.

My scores at Pier were too high to keep track, as were all my scores at Trojan (until my last trip there). Last round at Trojan was either +3 or +4, depending on whether #5 is a par 3 or 4.

That's all the away courses I've played. I've been told to try Milo, but I have a feeling it's for the big arms.
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; September 11th, 2008, 08:12 AM.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob
      I've been told to try Milo, but I have a feeling it's for the big arms.
      Milo is simply one of the most epic courses around. It will challenge anyone's game, but it is also a majestic place to spend a day disc golfing regardless of how many throws it takes. It has a mix of holes that will allow you to break out all the tricks in your bag, not just distance. I'm certain you would enjoy it.

Comment

Maybe this is sacrilege, but McIver just doesn't excite me the way it does most people around here. I feel like it's way too much about making huge drives in relatively open fields; it feels like a ball golf course. (I thought I read somewhere that it actually used to be a golf course, which would make sense.)
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

My personal best was in doubles at Orchard with Sam Gibson. We shot -18 and even took a couple of my shots too. I can bet no one expected it. I love surprises.
          Training to be a bagger

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider
            Maybe this is sacrilege, but McIver just doesn't excite me the way it does most people around here. I feel like it's way too much about making huge drives in relatively open fields; it feels like a ball golf course. (I thought I read somewhere that it actually used to be a golf course, which would make sense.)
            With the exception of a couple holes, I don't view the course that way at all. Placement > Distance is the general rule for low scores at Milo. I should know - I can't throw that far!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider
              I agree with this sentiment. Though I think that Milo is one of the "must see" courses, I don't understand the love affair most people have with it. Then again, I get to throw at Trojan and Lucky Mud every weekend, so maybe I just have a different perspective on what I want from a disc golf course...
              TROJAN NATION: zippyboy, bishop, wiseguy, jasonrocksout, Dan N., Ol' Bob, The Mentor, chris7graham, radsnowsurfer, ChUcK, J-Man, Keys, Over The Hill Bob, Tennesee, Haley, Jeep4x420, Scott Hill, JubJub, Jim Anderson, JLewis, Z-Man, Greg the Clown, Marcus B., Treelove, Trozzle, Brillo, D-Walk, my beloved (Amy), Tim, Leland (my dad), Bro, Peter, Michael, and Rolly. Anybody else?

Comment

wow.

Comment

I agree, Eric. I think those two are nuts! NUTS!
                  ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                  ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Again with the name-calling! Oh, America...
                    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Yup, we're certifiable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying McIver's not a great course... I just don't think it's leaps and bounds above all the others. I have a lot more fun at Timber or Horning's; when I leave Milo I just feel beat.

Wait, this is the Personal Bests thread, so I'll report that a couple weekends ago I shot -3 at Champoeg, which was my PB. If I hadn't landed on the road on #13 it would have been -4.
                      Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Personal Best

Last week I finally shot under par at Willamette (-1). It seems to have always had my number plus I usually play Adair where my best is (-3, 51). My PB at Dexter is even shot during EC07 and is my highest rated tournament round. At Bryant my PB is (+3, 60) but that was before the current layout change. I still haven't played new hole #12 at Bryant but I hear that it is getting more playable every week. I'll find out this Saturday at the DGCA monthly.

Comment

I birdied the front nine all in a row at Holmes park here in Medford the other day so -9 is my PB for 9 there. PB for 18 is -13

Comment

Well let's see

Hoover(-9)
                            Orchard (-9)
                            Greenway (-8)
                            Pier (-7)
                            Lunchtime (-6) current layout
                            Timber (-5)
                            World Tomahawk Champion
                            2006 Orchard One Disc Champion

Comment

Personal Bests

Some of my bests are:
                              Adair: -11 (44)
                              Willamette: -15 (39)
                              Dexter: -8 (46)
                              Whistlers: -9 (45)
                              Bryant: -8 (49)

May we all improve our records asap.
                              Nate
                              Innova Champion Discs
                              Discmania
                              huk lab
                              Keen Footwear
                              Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                              Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                              Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

See... scores that low just don't equal enough golf. I like to throw some bogeys so I can stay out on the course longer.

Yeah... that's it...

Orchard: -8
                                Champoeg: -8
                                Pier: -3
                                Milo: +1 (for 27, including Genius)
                                Timber: -7
                                Dabney: -3
                                Lunchtime: -6 (long), -6 (short)
                                Greenway: -8 (for 9), -13 (for 18)
                                Horning's: -5
                                Hagg: +1
                                Whistlers: -2