Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way to go Josh, don't neglect those books now...
    educate your thinking

Comment

• Finally got under at Dexter with a -3 yesterday afternoon. Short pins but who cares. Under is under.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• I've never posted in this thread before. Yesterday, late, I decided to try a round. Not really up for it to begin with, I decided I'd go on if I had a decent score. Parked one and two for easy birdies. Had runs on bird on three through six. Hit my first tree on seven and parked the second shot. Tree trouble on eight and ran the pin again, throwing out of the brush. Birdied nine for my best front nine ever.

Took my mandatory four on ten with a three footer. Lost my good looking drive on eleven for half an hour of the fading daylight. It had stuck in the moss on top of a stump by the fairway. Just missed the fifty footer. Parked the second on twelve. Birdied thirteen. Birdied the new fourteen. Beginning now to get mental. Banged a tree and bounced back for about a 50 foot drive on fifteen. Took an insanely tight back-door route to the pin for the easy par. Slipped to the left on sixteen and hit a tree. Just missed the chains but picked up the par. Seventeen was another short tree hit. Parked the second for the par. Easy par on eighteen. Tree on nineteen and parked the second, just like on Alt. fifteen (the extra hole I always play). Parked twenty for the birdie.

Two holes to go and the sun has set. Best drive in ages on twenty one -- missed the birdie. Longest drive since my injury three years ago on twenty two (old eighteen), but I'm stuck behind the vine maple clump and have no disc for the high annie that could save my round (Coyote is not in my bag). I try my JuJu and leave a thirty five foot downhill. Meanwhile, I have been going so mental for the past few holes that I'm about ready to jump out of my skin. I grabbed my Rattler and sailed it right past the chains and my par putt skidded out to about twenty feet past. I blow the twenty footer and get a double bogey.

My best ever was -4 on the original eighteen. That's where I was sitting, with a -5 after twenty two. Though -3 is still my best score since I ripped out my pectoral muscle, that double really crushed my elation. I stopped and sat in a chair on the new dock in the pond on the way back up the hill. A few minutes of taking in the quiet, watching a hundred dragonflies in the waning light, hearing birds chirping and fish jumping, and I was okay again.
        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• That was a fun read, thanks, and congrats on the great round! Weird how we go mental when we are doing extraordinarily well (or badly)! That's what I did after starting out at Horning's Highlands with 4 straight tomahawk birdies and a treelove backhand birdy: jacked the drive, blew the up, and nailed the back-stand comeback!
          Ratings-based divisions: disc golf's inevitable future.
          Disc Golf Calendar: www.NWDiscGolf.info, or click CALENDAR at top of page
          Submit Event to Calendar: treelove@nwdiscgolf.info
          Team Disc Golf: http://www.teamdiscgolf.com
          Bitchin' URL: http://www.nwdiscgolf.com

Comment

• Beautiful, Bob, just beautiful...now quick, find a copy of Golf in the Kingdom and don't lose the magic...
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

• My First major!

I was the sole Oregonian amidst a sea of california locals at the USMDGC tourney in Southern California last weekend. My goal was to average over 900 rated for the tourney since it is my current ratings barrier. I averaged 922 for the event and shot my highest rated tourney score ever. I also cashed. It was a demanding three days especially with about 2 hours of sleep a night due to a weekend of celebrating my buddies 40th with a bunch of us there. anyway, next year a bunch of Oregon crusties will need to join me as it was very fun. The course layout is often compared in difficulty to Milo's Fling layout although the SSA is higher in the USMDGC layout. A bunch of the Cali dudes I met were wearing their Awesome Fling shirts from this year and they raved about how incredible that tourney was. Cool for Oregon.
              Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
                I was the sole Oregonian amidst a sea of california locals at the USMDGC tourney in Southern California last weekend. My goal was to average over 900 rated for the tourney since it is my current ratings barrier. I averaged 922 for the event and shot my highest rated tourney score ever. I also cashed. It was a demanding three days especially with about 2 hours of sleep a night due to a weekend of celebrating my buddies 40th with a bunch of us there. anyway, next year a bunch of Oregon crusties will need to join me as it was very fun. The course layout is often compared in difficulty to Milo's Fling layout although the SSA is higher in the USMDGC layout. A bunch of the Cali dudes I met were wearing their Awesome Fling shirts from this year and they raved about how incredible that tourney was. Cool for Oregon.
                Way to kill it, Smo! You make me proud!

Bob

Comment

• Mud

I don't recall what the score was, but I am certain that one of the rounds I threw with Ol' Bob over the last couple days was my best ever at the Mud!

Thanks again Bob, I had a great time, and give my best to Sunrise and Jessica - hope their puttenesca turned out delectible with those tomatoes!

Now back to the beach for some much needed 'field' practice!

Comment

• I just set some PR's at hornings this past week, I shot nine down on the highlands course, and even on the canyon course, which I am stoked about.

I as well played champoge this month for the first time, and I shot three down.

Comment

• Jamie shot a 61 at Pier last night - besting her PB there by 3 strokes.

ON FIRE!
                      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                        Jamie shot a 61 at Pier last night - besting her PB there by 3 strokes.

ON FIRE!
                        Yes, she is HOT! Uhhhhhhh on FIRE I mean............you know.......playing really well.

Bob

Comment

• Got a +6 at Pier today beating my PB by 2. Too bad it was during the prelims for TDG...

Comment

• Originally posted by jevon View Post
                            Got a +6 at Pier today beating my PB by 2. Too bad it was during the prelims for TDG...
                            Yeah, you shoulda shot like me.
                            Huh...I didn't even see that tree.
                            PDGA #37890
                            Stumptown #157
                            ODW TDG 10-11
                            3C&D TDG 09-10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
                              Jamie shot a 61 at Pier last night - besting her PB there by 3 strokes.

ON FIRE!

Move up Seriously that is awesome. Hey also repeat that tomorrow in the prelims.

Cindy
                              Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
                              2013 Chick Flick co-TD
                              Stumptown #176
                              PDGA #37716

Comment

• Golf in The Kingdom

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                                Beautiful, Bob, just beautiful...now quick, find a copy of Golf in the Kingdom and don't lose the magic...
                                By far one of the best books I have read about Golf and Life. I read the bulk of this book while lounging in a hammock stretched out over The Grand Canyon. It was mystical to say the least....
                                Disc Golf Accessories

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X