Personal Best! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Nice work Chanman! Way to bring it home! Couple of smoking hot rounds by you and Nate, that would have been fun to watch!
    A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

    Comment


    • Yea very good job Chandler and Nate.

      Comment


      • Adair Record didnt last long, I went out to league tonight and lowered the record to 42 (-12). No bogies, -6 on the front 9 and -6 on the back 9. 4 course records in the last 4 days.
        Innova Champion Discs
        Discmania
        huk lab
        Keen Footwear
        Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
        Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
        Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

        Comment


        • Originally posted by chanman View Post
          I finally shot my first ever 1050 rated rounds last weekend at The 8th Annual Spokane City Cup. 1051 rated second round and 1050 rated third round.

          http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...ratings=1#Open
          Bangerang chan the man!

          I was looking at some old tourney scores from a couple years ago and it is awesome how the area is getting so much better. One tourney I looked at from'05 the open winner averaged 994. This ave might not even cash these days. Good stuff, good shooting, keep it up!
          Click here

          Challenge disc golf

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
            Adair Record didnt last long, I went out to league tonight and lowered the record to 42 (-12). No bogies, -6 on the front 9 and -6 on the back 9. 4 course records in the last 4 days.
            Dude! You are on fire right now. I hope you save some of that magic for next month at the USDGC.

            Comment


            • All of these records be broken... has Nate been wearing one of those stroke reducing body-suits?
              Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Nate Sexton View Post
                Adair Record didnt last long, I went out to league tonight and lowered the record to 42 (-12). No bogies, -6 on the front 9 and -6 on the back 9. 4 course records in the last 4 days.
                What did your scorecard look like, what holes did you get?
                PDGA #25296
                Stumptown #34

                Comment


                • The course was even very slightly harder as #4 had moved to the long placement since I shot the -11. For my -12 I had birdies on:

                  1 long
                  2 short
                  3 medium
                  4 long
                  5 short
                  9 right
                  10 right
                  11 left
                  13 left
                  15 short
                  16 short
                  17 short

                  I have been experimenting with the stroke saving suit in casual play, I may bring it to the celebration, don't tell the PDGA!!!
                  Innova Champion Discs
                  Discmania
                  huk lab
                  Keen Footwear
                  Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
                  Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
                  Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                    Bangerang chan the man!

                    I was looking at some old tourney scores from a couple years ago and it is awesome how the area is getting so much better. One tourney I looked at from'05 the open winner averaged 994. This ave might not even cash these days. Good stuff, good shooting, keep it up!
                    coming from someone who was playing back then, ratings have changed and its been made way easier to get higher ratings. shooting a 1000 rated round when everyone in the tournament is rated below 975 is next to impossible. You have to 5 stroke the field basically. Now that ratings have traveled and there more than 2 people in the northwest rated over 985 it makes it possible to shoot 1050 rated rounds.


                    For instance. Look at my first round from this tournament.
                    http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...ratings=1#Open

                    I beat Feldberg by 1. 3 stroked Avery. 4 stroked the rest of the field. Round rating of 1025? Keep in mind Avery was #8-#13 and Dave was #3 if I remember right!

                    Try and figure out what that round would be rated today? Im going to look at it and take a guess. Im usually pretty good at calling ratings! Didnt I call your Saturday rating for low 1060's Nate?


                    My guess is 1060-1070.
                    Last edited by DoubleDees; September 9th, 2009, 07:20 PM.

                    Comment


                    • Yeah comparing ratings is tough. It's like comparing sports teams from different eras. It's pretty much all subjective. Too bad you can't see what everyone was rated at the time of the tournament instead of there current ratings in those older statistics. A better measure would be to see what the actual round scores are like in tournaments that have the exact same or very similar layouts as they did in years past. I wonder if advancements in plastic make much of a difference in overall field scores?
                      Read this ^

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                        coming from someone who was playing back then, ratings have changed and its been made way easier to get higher ratings. shooting a 1000 rated round when everyone in the tournament is rated below 975 is next to impossible. You have to 5 stroke the field basically. Now that ratings have traveled and there more than 2 people in the northwest rated over 985 it makes it possible to shoot 1050 rated rounds.


                        For instance. Look at my first round from this tournament.
                        http://www.pdga.com/tournament-resul...ratings=1#Open

                        I beat Feldberg by 1. 3 stroked Avery. 4 stroked the rest of the field. Round rating of 1025? Keep in mind Avery was #8-#13 and Dave was #3 if I remember right!

                        Try and figure out what that round would be rated today? Im going to look at it and take a guess. Im usually pretty good at calling ratings! Didnt I call your Saturday rating for low 1060's Nate?


                        My guess is 1060-1070.
                        How are you resolving to that rating? With a stated SSA on the course of 52.6 consistently over all three rounds. Your prediction would place the ssa at 56 or 57 with the ten points per stoke which actually would fall to maybe 8.5 points per strokes so maybe an SSA of closer to 57.6 or 58. I might agree with 10-20 rating points but surely not any where near 35-45 points. I agree it has changed but I don't think in the way that you are suggesting. I believe it has changed in the way of which rounds are collectively used and which ones are doubled weighted to allow a players rating to change quicker with better play. We could always bring Kennedy into the mix but how about we see if the SSA has Changed significantly on that course set up since 2004. It looks like this years tournament may have used a different course as the SSA looks closer to 49.8 or so. Do you know if that course was used in a similar event since the 8th Windy River Open? I would be curious to see how much the SSA has changed with the rating increases we have seen lately in play.
                        PDGA #25296
                        Stumptown #34

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Flash View Post
                          How are you resolving to that rating? With a stated SSA on the course of 52.6 consistently over all three rounds. Your prediction would place the ssa at 56 or 57 with the ten points per stoke which actually would fall to maybe 8.5 points per strokes so maybe an SSA of closer to 57.6 or 58. I might agree with 10-20 rating points but surely not any where near 35-45 points. I agree it has changed but I don't think in the way that you are suggesting. I believe it has changed in the way of which rounds are collectively used and which ones are doubled weighted to allow a players rating to change quicker with better play. We could always bring Kennedy into the mix but how about we see if the SSA has Changed significantly on that course set up since 2004. It looks like this years tournament may have used a different course as the SSA looks closer to 49.8 or so. Do you know if that course was used in a similar event since the 8th Windy River Open? I would be curious to see how much the SSA has changed with the rating increases we have seen lately in play.

                          that course played about 4-5 stroke harder than the one we played this year. The b course we played this year had 6 of the same holes. Based on Daves rating that round was 1045. Based on Avery it was 1068. Based on Marty 1044. Based on Ross it was 1065. those were the only 4 i looked at being as they are the 4 highest rated players atm. If you compare that round to the rest of the fields rating its going to come out as 1060ish on average. Find a round rated under 1050 by anyone that beat Dave and Avery in the same round. Sometime in the last year of course and see what that rounds rated

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by DoubleDees View Post
                            that course played about 4-5 stroke harder than the one we played this year. The b course we played this year had 6 of the same holes. Based on Daves rating that round was 1045. Based on Avery it was 1068. Based on Marty 1044. Based on Ross it was 1065. those were the only 4 i looked at being as they are the 4 highest rated players atm. If you compare that round to the rest of the fields rating its going to come out as 1060ish on average. Find a round rated under 1050 by anyone that beat Dave and Avery in the same round. Sometime in the last year of course and see what that rounds rated
                            Do you mean like round 4 of the 2009 Atlanta Open where Paul had to beat them by 8 strokes to get the 1050 rating but Paul is already 1020+ so does that count?

                            Or what about the late Aug 2008 Full Throttle challenge in the first round Cory Sharp takes them both down and get the 1031 rating!

                            But the real truth is it is hard to find a round where Dave and Avery both play lackluster enough to give up such a round!
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Flash View Post
                              Do you mean like round 4 of the 2009 Atlanta Open where Paul had to beat them by 8 strokes to get the 1050 rating but Paul is already 1020+ so does that count?

                              Or what about the late Aug 2008 Full Throttle challenge in the first round Cory Sharp takes them both down and get the 1031 rating!

                              But the real truth is it is hard to find a round where Dave and Avery both play lackluster enough to give up such a round!
                              With Paul rounds i havent looked at it. If it is a 27 hole course it becomes harder to get a higher rating. On most average 18 hole courses it comes to about 10 pts a stroke. Where a very difficult 27 layout will be as low as 5. Lots of things factor into it. That round of mine was rated low because Dave and Avery were rated 1010-1020. Then about 5 people between 960-985 and the rest of the field was under 960. Most players were 20-30 pts lower back then.

                              Comment


                              • I set myself a new personal best today on Steilacoom NW course, 54. 3 bogeys and three birdies. This topping my 5 birdie, 2 bogey, 2 double bogey performance my last time out.
                                PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                                dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

                                Comment

                                Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X