X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Have you played it, Jeff? It's actually a lot of fun.

Yes, Scott. A little bit.
    I'm sure it is. Even mini-golf is fun. I'm just not a big fan of birdie-or-die courses.
    "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

• Tee signs. Baskets. Frisbees. What's not to like? Not every course has to be Milo-esque. Mix the little one with the bigger one and it is a great day. You should try it some time... you know... BEFORE disparaging it. Benson it is not.
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
        I'm sure it is. Even mini-golf is fun. I'm just not a big fan of birdie-or-die courses.
        I don't consider it a birdie or die course, because it's likely you won't care if you birdie or not. This course is not about competition at all. It's a walk in the park with a beer and a frisbee. For many, this type of experience is a reminder of why they started playing.

The Highland course by itself is not a destination course for experienced players. But it is an awesome addtion to the Canyon course and the yet to be named ass-kicker course. I think it's a great warm-up for the other course(s) and I can't think of a better place to introduce new players to the sport.

You really should give it a try.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam View Post
          Yes, Scott. A little bit.
          Just wait until I beat you head to head. It will happen. Someday. Somewhere.

I can't wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott View Post
            I think [the HH Highland Course is] a great warm-up for the other course(s) and I can't think of a better place to introduce new players to the sport.
            Hear hear. Both of these.

(The problem with it as an intro to new players is its distance from town. You gotta hope your beginners won't mind while you play at least one round on the big course!)
            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
              Anytime I see a course with a -15 for a score... I wonder which hole has the Styrofoam castle and which one has the Clown's Mouth.
              THAT would be any hole Scott is playing.

Bob

Comment

• Originally posted by "Over the Hill" Bob View Post
                THAT would be any hole Scott is playing.

Bob
                zip! bang!

For an old guy, you still have those razor-sharp reflexes.

Now go take a nap.

Comment

• For the record, I don't like the short course. I played it with Tim Price and quickly got bored and lost interest in even trying to play well (this from a guy who runs a weekly at Orchard!)

However, its baskets seemed much better than on the original course... they seemed to catch way better and more consistently.

Comment

• Originally posted by KenGilmore View Post
                    For the record, I don't like the short course. I played it with Tim Price and quickly got bored and lost interest in even trying to play well (this from a guy who runs a weekly at Orchard!)

However, its baskets seemed much better than on the original course... they seemed to catch way better and more consistently.
                    There is an additional set of chains, and they go deeper into the basket. Bob has expressed interest in modifying/adding chains to the basket on the original course at some point.

Comment

• Wow I had a great weekend of golf! I've been in a bit putting slump the past couple weeks so I've been kind of down on my game. I went and worked on putts Friday evening and felt like I got into a pretty good groove.

On Sat I sot my personal best of -8 at Leverich.

Sunday morning I took a friend of mine who has only played a couple times to Orchard to let him check out the course. During that round I aced hole 6 with a Teebird. I was already pretty stoked about my weekend at this point. In the afternoon I meet Gilmore at Horning's for a couple rounds. The first round I was over par but on the second I shot 44 (-10 all par 3s).

I also got to witness part of Haley Konrad's round where she shot a -3 at Horning's which may be the womans record.

Beautiful weather and great golf make for an awesome weekend.
                      Last edited by keys; April 20th, 2009, 12:28 AM. Reason: Becasue I'm an Idoit.
                      Current World Rank: 2857th
                      Lowest Rated Round: 777
                      Worst Tournament Finish: 2nd From DFL MA2 GNO 2008
                      Worst Drive: 10 Feet behind teepad
                      Shortest Putt Missed During a Tournament: < 1 foot (Not Kidding)
                      Best Fall: Hole 11 Trojan Park, before cement teepads
                      Dirtiest Ace: Hole 12 Horning's Canyon Course through the "V" tree.
                      Pairs of Shoes Ruined: 6

Comment

• Originally posted by keys View Post
                        Wow I had a great weekend of golf! I've been in a bit putting slump the past couple weeks so I've been kind of down on my game. I went and worked on putts Friday evening and felt like I got into a pretty good groove.

On Sat I sot my personal best of -8 at Leverich.

Sunday morning I took a friend of mine who has only played a couple times to Orchard to let him check out the course. During that round I aced hole 6 with a Teebird. I was already pretty stoked about my weekend at this point. In the afternoon I meet Gilmore at Horning's for a couple rounds. The first round I was over par but on the second I shot 44 (-10 all par 3s).

I also got to witness part of Haley Konrad's round where she shoot a -3 at Horning's which may be the woman's record.

Beautiful weather and great golf make for an awesome weekend.

Keys and Gilmore together again. you guys should team up for Worlds doubles. you would make Oregon Proud.
                        Nice job Keys. people would poo themselves if they knew how long you have been playing and how rediculous you can shoot. It gives me hope. Keep it up dawg. the sky's the limit
                        Training to be a bagger

Comment

• I thought James Moore shot -12 playing all par 3's but may be wrong???
                          All I want for Christmas is Sharpies and Rit Dye!!!!

Comment

• I shot a PB of -5 (49) at the Horning's Hideout Canyon Course today; previous PB was -3. I birdied #s 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 12, 14, 15, & 17.

Highlights were parking #2 eight feet to the right of the basket, and finally getting a drive to slide INTO the trees on #17 and then sinking the long putt for 2. (Lowlights were whacking a tree on #9 and a crappy 3rd shot on #18.)
                            Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• I just dropped a -3 down on Dexter for a personel best. The sad part is I was -6 with 4 holes to go.

Comment

• Jamie shot a 112 for 27 at Milo on Monday. We played the Genius hole so par is 91. 21 over might not sound like much... if you have never been there. For a woman on those monstrous holes, however, it was awesome to watch. The birdie on hole 18 was definitely the highlight.
                                ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X