X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Wait, you do realize there's NEVER water there, right? The yellow ropes are all that's ever there, and they're always OB.
    Interesting, I didnt see any yellow ropes around the back holes... hmmm

Comment

• Well lets pick orchard park.. My personal best is -2 and the closest iv been able to get to that is -1....

Comment

• Shot a PB of -2 at Rooster Rock West today, which may not sound like much, but there was a pretty nasty east wind... plus, I parked my drive on #4, which was pretty cool.

I also managed a 4 on both #3 and #8 at R.R. East, which is something. (No PB on East though; I finished +1.)
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• PB @ Horning's "grandma" course

My man, his friend and I played three rounds of Horning's Hideout's short course yesterday. My man and I got personal best in this course, my man scored -11 on his last round, and I scored -1 in second round. First time that I got any score under par! while my man was in cloud nine as he can't believe that he got under double digits. His previous PB was 48, and mine was 56
          PDGA 38506
          ODDGA 27
          DDGA 176
          2012 Beaver State Fling Women ADV Master

Comment

• Originally posted by LadyBuzzz View Post
            My man, his friend and I played three rounds of Horning's Hideout's short course yesterday. My man and I got personal best in this course, my man scored -11 on his last round, and I scored -1 in second round. First time that I got any score under par! while my man was in cloud nine as he can't believe that he got under double digits. His previous PB was 48, and mine was 56
            Nice job you guys

Cindy
            Next Adventure Flight Crew Member
            2013 Chick Flick co-TD
            Stumptown #176
            PDGA #37716

Comment

• Shot a 44 on the Canyon course out at Horning's yesterday, which is now the New Course Record!

Comment

• Originally posted by gwillim View Post
                Shot a 44 on the Canyon course out at Horning's yesterday, which is now the New Course Record!
                Wait, Isn't the Canyon course a Par 54?
                Training to be a bagger

Comment

• Originally posted by smobro View Post
                  Wait, Isn't the Canyon course a Par 54?
                  Par 56 as far as I'm concerned. Holes 13 and 18 are legitimately both par 4.

Comment

• I finally broke my -6 barrier at Timber yesterday. After playing less than stellar at McIver I went over to redeem myself. I shot a fairly decent -9 round which, felt fairly decent!

Comment

Par 56 as far as I'm concerned. Holes 13 and 18 are legitimately both par 4.
                      I wonder if Gilmore played it as a 54 or a 56? Anyway, nice shooting regardless. You are killing it out there! Way to go Gwill. Bring that game to GNO and BSF Dawg

Sweet! if that is the case, then my PB at the Canyon Course is -8. I always thought it was a par 54. sorta like there are a few par 2.5's out there that make up for the 1 legit par 4. I don't see 13 as being a par 4. maybe a par 3.2 I am often in the circle in two on 13. As far as 14 goes, is that a legit par 4 for advanced and pro players? It is pretty long for me, but I assumed you guys ate that hole up with a 380' drive and a 350' approach.
                      Training to be a bagger

Comment

Bring that game to GNO and BSF Dawg
                        maybe next year.

Originally posted by smobro View Post
                        Sweet! if that is the case, then my PB at the Canyon Course is -8. I always thought it was a par 54. sorta like there are a few par 2.5's out there that make up for the 1 legit par 4. I don't see 13 as being a par 4. maybe a par 3.2 I am often in the circle in two on 13. As far as 14 goes, is that a legit par 4 for advanced and pro players? It is pretty long for me, but I assumed you guys ate that hole up with a 380' drive and a 350' approach.
                        Par is pretty much irrelevant anyhow, which is why I wrote my total score as 44 instead of -12, but both 13 and 18 are fours. The definition of par is one very good drive (by an experienced player) and the option for two putts. There is no one in the world that can get within 60' off the drive on 13 or 18 without something really weird happening.
                        Last edited by gwillim; April 12th, 2009, 10:17 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

I wonder if Gilmore played it as a 54 or a 56?
                          I shot 45. When entering the score in hole by hole at discgolfscene, it showed up as 45 (-11), so the course par is set for 56 at that site.

Congrats, Ryan!

Comment

maybe next year.

Par is pretty much irrelevant anyhow, which is why I wrote my total score as 44 instead of -12, but both 13 and 18 are fours. The definition of par is one very good drive (by an experienced player) and the option for two putts. There is no one in the world that can get within 60' off the drive on 13 or 18 without something really weird happening.
                            Most designers do not consider this to be true anymore, it greatly depends on the hole layout and whether or not there are obstacles in front of the basket.

My opinion on hole 13, is when I play the hole well I get an easy three, when I play the hole pretty well I need to make a 25-30 footer for a 3, when I play the hole poorly I usually get a 4, even when I put my tee shot into the woods on the left. This hole is a tweener and needs to be resigned to be a hole that can be easily classified with a par rating. I would like to see the basket tucked inside the trees on the left and then we can call it a strong par 4.

Nice shooting Ryan, did you shoot that in a bag tag match!!!!
                            PDGA #25296
                            Stumptown #34

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
                              This hole is a tweener and needs to be resigned to be a hole that can be easily classified with a par rating.
                              Well that's just silly. A hole needs to be re-worked so that its par is a whole number??
                              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

• Originally posted by Flash View Post
                                Most designers do not consider this to be true anymore, it greatly depends on the hole layout and whether or not there are obstacles in front of the basket.
                                I'd say an 80' high hill and a hard dog-leg left is a fairly formidable obstacle.

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                                My opinion on hole 13, is when I play the hole well I get an easy three, when I play the hole pretty well I need to make a 25-30 footer for a 3, when I play the hole poorly I usually get a 4, even when I put my tee shot into the woods on the left. This hole is a tweener and needs to be resigned to be a hole that can be easily classified with a par rating. I would like to see the basket tucked inside the trees on the left and then we can call it a strong par 4.
                                I agree that it's a tweener, but I'd be willing to assume that for most of the MPO and MA1 division, it leans more toward a 4. I'm trying to find the scorecards from the HHOPEN so that I can find the averages.

I don't necessarily think the hole needs to be redesigned on the status that it's a tweener. If that were the case, then you'd have to redesign holes 1, 5, 7, 11, 12 because those are all really easy 2s, probably around 2.5 or so.

I'd just rather be satisfied calling is a par 4, even though it's not a difficult par four, it's a fairly easy birdie, as are the above holes, which I think we can all agree that we can't call par 2s.

Originally posted by Flash View Post
                                Nice shooting Ryan, did you shoot that in a bag tag match!!!!

Thanks, it was in a tag match...with the ladies. I won.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X