X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ohhhhh yeah it's here!

I always get overexcited when getting a new disc golf magazine in the mail... just got it... bye, gonna go read......

i wish u had a scanner so u could email it to me

Comment

Originally posted by mazza View Post
      i wish u had a scanner so u could email it to me
      be a pdga member and it wouldn't be a problem heh...

Comment

good interview with Avery... pretty fun!

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
          good interview with Avery... pretty fun!
          I saw 2 awesome things it that mag (there are more, but 2 stood out)

1st - Avery names Stafford Lake, Novato, Ca as one of his favorite courses.
          I helped install & maintain that course prior to my move to Oregon.

2nd - The HukLab ad that shows Avery putting out on Hole 12 at Stafford Lake.

Damn, I miss that place..............

Comment

If you miss it so much, why didnt you come down for the lake stafford open?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
              If you miss it so much, why didnt you come down for the lake stafford open?
              Uh....Lava Launch!

They will NOT be scheduled over each other again.....NEVER

Comment

getting closer?

Originally posted by Magilla View Post
                Uh....Lava Launch!

They will NOT be scheduled over each other again.....NEVER

So, is it..................
                ah never mind.
                He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                - Anonymous

Comment

That picture makes me want to get down there and check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatroc View Post
                    So, is it..................
                    ah never mind.
                    Wow, Yose... i'm starting to get peeved with your approach on the matter.

The new mag is pretty sweet but a bit lacking in content. I wouldn't mind a bit of variety and what not. Plus, whoever wrote the Ft. Stilly Open paragraph didn't mention me, lol...

I think its article writing time! Scott, I'll send you something soon...
                    Team DISCRAFT
                    NW Sign Up
                    Gorilla Boy
                    Paragon Disc Golf
                    Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by DexterHawk View Post
                      That picture makes me want to get down there and check it out!

Any time ANYONE is heading south to play Santa Cruz...It would be WELL WORTH the small detour to play Stafford Lake.
                      This past August they completed ALL the concrete tees which was all this course was missing.

http://www.staffordlake.com

18 holes with AT LEAST 3 pin placements and most have 2 tees per hole.
                      When I left we had 85 placements...more have been added since.
                      All tee signs are Sat. Photos with surveyed distances and elevation gain/loss.

By far one of the best courses in the west. Only 1/2 hr from SF and it gives you the feeling that you are out in the middle of no where.
                      Deer & Wild turkey abound.

AND its an area that is Disc Golf exclusive....IF you see someone on the course that is not playing...they are most likely lost and need directions back to the parking lot.

Last edited by Magilla; September 29th, 2009, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Heh, Mag, that sucks you had to choose lava over stafford heh... yeah I want to play it but keep coming up with some bs excuse not to go grrrr... best thing is though, i live only 90 minutes away and can make a spur of the moment trip out there, whenever that is.....
                        If anyone wants to take a lil trip down to cali and try out stafford lake, delaveaga, and orangevale/rocklin/auburn, you got a place in roseville to crash...

Comment

durn 'too soon' posts

Originally posted by RonTheWhip View Post
                          Wow, Yose... i'm starting to get peeved with your approach on the matter.
                          My post was meant STRICTLY to nudge Magilla in a fun way to get the ball rolling on next years schedule.
                          If this is the matter you are peeved at...I don't know what to say.
                          I do approach with rocs.
                          Maybe I should use my soft putter more.
                          Believe me this is all meant to help the betterment of ALL disc golfers moving forward.
                          Last edited by Flatroc; September 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM. Reason: changed this to my
                          He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
                          - Anonymous

Comment

I agree with the lack of content statement. I thought the last issues small piece on Hole Design was a cool article that I hoped would be a recurring one.

It's great to see Paul Wright get his shine in the Magazine. And I'm in it too! My friend called last night to tell me if you look at the Ft. Steilli Open pic of Nate putting, you can see me sitting just behind someone. Yeah, I made it!

Comment

after going through the magazine carefully, I realize the balance between advertisement and actual content is a bit lopsided, but am sure with our feedback, they will improve next time. And darn it WHIP, get an article to them ASAP!
                              On another note, I agree that the hole design article should be a recurring article...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X