X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glasses are weird

I have worn contacts for years and decided to try glasses this time around. I am having a hard time getting used to not having periferal vision it makes it hard to focus through the lenses. My whole perception is thrown off. I spent the first day trying to figure out what iwas seeing and why. It weirded me out for sure. I have taken a few putts and it is hard to adjust. My depth perception is way different and I don't like it. I am worried about the next time I play and wonder how I will be able to throw. Has anyone else done this or had a hardtime adjusting to spectacles?
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

I got glasses last summer and hardly wear them, simialar issues. I had never needed them before that, and having a prescription was new altogether for me.
    Team DISCRAFT
    NW Sign Up
    Gorilla Boy
    Paragon Disc Golf
    Odwalla

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
      I have worn contacts for years and decided to try glasses this time around. I am having a hard time getting used to not having periferal vision it makes it hard to focus through the lenses. My whole perception is thrown off. I spent the first day trying to figure out what iwas seeing and why. It weirded me out for sure. I have taken a few putts and it is hard to adjust. My depth perception is way different and I don't like it. I am worried about the next time I play and wonder how I will be able to throw. Has anyone else done this or had a hardtime adjusting to spectacles?
      I wear bi-focals and three different visions. Part of the time I need the lower part of the lens (super close), other times the top (long distance), and then for mid range no lens at all. They are a pain to golf in so I now leave them in the car and it has helped actually.

Bob

Comment

I can't imagine playing any sports, even disc golf, with my glasses. My prescription is so bad that I can't even hang pictures in the house; everything curves.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

My magnification is pretty low. The main problem is astigmatism. I was wearing them before I started DGing, so it's not a shock to my game. What really messed me up is having to wear reading glasses to do close work. All my life I could look at a bolt head or nut and know the size wrench I needed. That's gone.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I've got the astigmatism thing going on too. When I first got glasses in my mid twenties I couldn't believe how the world would twist when I turned my head. It took a few days but my brain did get things figured out. I can still pass the test at the DMV w/out my glasses but I wear my specs nearly 100% of the time since my vision is uncomfortably fuzzy w/out 'em. It's worth it to get the anti-glare coating, it makes a big difference, especially for sports. I also really like my silhouette frames. They've got no hinges and are super lightweight. I've been very happy with them for all kinds of sports.

Comment

As soon as I get a job(summer vacation is about over) I am going to get some contacts for sure. Anyone have a cheap source?
              Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                As soon as I get a job(summer vacation is about over) I am going to get some contacts for sure. Anyone have a cheap source?
                I found the best deals at contactlensking.com. I pay under $80 for six months of Pure Vision Toric contact lenses for my astigmatism. I can even leave them in for a full month if I want but I take them out and clean them at least once a week. Kinda weird to wake up sometimes but I just always keep a bottle of rewetting drops nearby.

Comment

Contacts for astigmatism?
                  The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                  ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

If you have a costco close by, this is where I get mine... They are cheap 1 year for 60 bucks! and the exam is only 50 bucks, also they have cheap glasses. I have played a couple of rounds in glasses and I only wear them while putting, I take them off for driving and approach shots
                    Future's so bright, I gotta wear shades.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
                      Contacts for astigmatism?
                      Yep. A few years ago I was told that I couldn't get contacts because they would be too thin and rip right away, even though I had contacts when I was 17. Didn't make much sense to me. I went to see my wife's eye guy and he put me into these Pure Vision Toric lenses. They cost more than regular contacts but they can be worn continuous for a month. My prescription is very minimal and I can pass the driving test without glasses or contacts. I would go without if only everything wasn't so damn fuzzy!

Comment

I've been wearing glasses since 1979, and I'm completely normal!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X