X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• free throws

Today at the end of my putting practice I took 10 putts from right at the end of my comfort zone. Each putt was from the same area much like a free throw. I am going to do this after each putting session to track my averages at different distances. I will stay at this distance until I have attempted a minimum of 100 putts. I have never looked at my putting inthis way and thought the idea might spark some action from others. Have fun.
    seven plus.
    2.63%
    three point five to seven.
    21.05%
    maybe one
    34.21%
    just the time i spend warming up before my rounds
    26.32%
    never
    15.79%
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

i lied i said never....... i was thinking practice away from playing, and thats gotta change

but i do warm up before a round so.....

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
      Today at the end of my putting practice I took 10 putts from right at the end of my comfort zone. Each putt was from the same area much like a free throw. I am going to do this after each putting session to track my averages at different distances. I will stay at this distance until I have attempted a minimum of 100 putts. I have never looked at my putting inthis way and thought the idea might spark some action from others. Have fun.
      My current routine is to lay out a rope with knots tied every two feet. I put the end of the rope ten feet from the basket. Make two in a row and move back one knot. Make one and miss one, stay where you are. Miss two, move in one knot. After I make it to the end of the rope - about 40 feet - I putt until all my practice discs are in the basket. This routine forces you to practice the distance you are missing from. I can't remember where I first read about this routine - it might have been here!

Comment

I try to spend 15min putting before and after a round. I have found that it gives me more confidence in my putting if I do that.
        Throw What You Know.
        "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
        PDGA# 45989

Comment

I practice almost daily From 10 -50 putts. Usually while I am BBQ supper.The make it/take a step back routine works really well. One thing I do differently before the round is I warm up with only one putter. The idea is to more simulate actual play.

+ I always like to get really mad before I warm up putting so I can practice actual course management.
          rewindb.com

Comment

100 putts a day!

but, there's no accurate option for me to vote for, because that's like an hour and a half a week...I'd love to choose 3.5 to 7, but then I'd be lying...
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

I take 10-12 putters, start at around 15 feet, putt 2 rounds, move back 3 feet, 1-2 rounds, move back 3 feet, do the same thing until I'm up to 30-35 feet and then move in again... the repetition is what makes you better in putting since your chances of having an erratic putt decrease with practice as well as ur accuracy increases...

Comment

I love putting!
                Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
                  I love putting!
                  Throw What You Know.
                  "Gravity, she's a harsh mistress." -The Tick
                  PDGA# 45989

Comment

I try to do a minimum of a half hour a day in the backyard. Most days I go Four from fifteen, Four from twenty, four from twenty five, four from thirty, four from forty and four from fifty and then start over. Alternating stances and styles and trying to mimick round putting as much as possible. Plus lots of warm ups putts on the days that I play. The wierd thing is I have had my best putting days when I have only thrown a couple warm up putts
                    Read this ^

Comment

Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
                      My current routine is to lay out a rope with knots tied every two feet. I put the end of the rope ten feet from the basket. Make two in a row and move back one knot. Make one and miss one, stay where you are. Miss two, move in one knot. After I make it to the end of the rope - about 40 feet - I putt until all my practice discs are in the basket. This routine forces you to practice the distance you are missing from. I can't remember where I first read about this routine - it might have been here!

the guy that got me started had this routine you start with 5 putters at 10' then make all of them then move back to 15' and so on till 40' if you miss 1 putt you have to go back 5' and then make all 5 of them again...

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

I practice putts and approaches for about an hour a day. Any time I step out my back door to smoke a cig I take my three putters and aim at these thin tree's that litter the area. I've actually marked off the top and bottom the same way a basket would sit so if I hit the tree dead center between the two it's the same as going in.

For putts I start at 10 feet, throw 9 times (3 times for each putter) then move back to 15, 20, 25, etc....the trees are helping me putt because I have to hit dead center so it's been keeping my bounce outs down to a minimum.

For approaches I walk to about 70-100 feet and use my putters to aim at a target. I make mando's and obstacles out of the tree's and practice hyzers, anhyzers and straight touch shots. Since I started doing this about three months ago my putting and approaches have gotten much more reliable. Since putting is my weak spot it is definitely worth the time.

I also practice my stances with different distances, i.e. squat, ballet style, straight ahead, etc...
                        "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
                        Cleveland Brown

Comment

It is remarkable how much just a little bit of consistent putting practice drastically improves my performance on the green...and I think putting practice also improves the accuracy of my drives and upshots.

I'm interested to hear that you feel aiming at skinny trees helps you on the basket...I've always been concerned that playing on pins is somehow detrimental to my performance on baskets, but I will now rethink that idea...and just start aiming at the pole instead of the chains.

peace threw disc golf,
                          emmarose
                          "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
                          Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
                            I'm interested to hear that you feel aiming at skinny trees helps you on the basket...I've always been concerned that playing on pins is somehow detrimental to my performance on baskets, but I will now rethink that idea...and just start aiming at the pole instead of the chains.
                            A few years ago I played a couple of rounds at the BSF with a guy who almost exclusively played on a course with skinny tone poles. We were both pretty much riding the bottom of MA2 and our games were pretty inconsistent, but this guy could putt like crazy. I asked him about it and he said it was because he learned to putt on tone poles. He said that compared to the tones, the baskets looked about a mile wide.

Comment

I like to aim at a single link. I played with a member of the US Olympic Fencing Team once and told him this technique. He said the team had the same technique. He called it, "aim small, miss small."
                              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X