Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad is the most consistent putter...on pins...that I've ever seen...but the baskets gave him a hard time as we started playing more public courses...seems like perhaps it's more a mindf**** than anything else ...mmmm?

also, what's a tone pole?
    "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
    Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      I like to aim at a single link. I played with a member of the US Olympic Fencing Team once and told him this technique. He said the team had the same technique. He called it, "aim small, miss small."
      I've been using the link technique also, but I think I'm aiming at the wrong one...

Comment

Originally posted by frizbeerose View Post
        what's a tone pole?
        An alternate type of target. Cheaper than baskets, because they are typically homemade. Usually a pole about 4' high with a section that is covered in metal. This section will make a loud clang when hit, letting you know that you hit the target.

Comment

I've been using the link technique also, but I think I'm aiming at the wrong one...
          Try the one next to it.
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

thank you...we have copper pins on our course...it's nice because you always know when you hit your putt.

Comment

Try the one next to it.
              hmmm...good advice...I'm also going to try the "just putt better" technique...

Comment

thank you...we have copper pins on our course...it's nice because you always know when you hit your putt.
                Sounds like a tone pole - you just know them by a different name.

What course do you play at?

Comment

My land lord has given us permission to use his property in the coast range for a course (I live a fairly charmed existence...cheap rent, awesome little cabin on the fourth fairway of an exclusive disc golf country club).

My dad and all our community members have been golfing since the beginning of disc golf times (that's why i say frisbee...it's how I grew up, I made my user name before I knew better ) and we've been living out in this little canyon for something like over 20 years and just little by little sculpted a beautiful golf course...

we've evolved from object, to wood pins, to pvc with sinkers inside to rattle, to copper about 5 years ago...

Comment

My land lord has given us permission to use his property in the coast range for a course (I live a fairly charmed existence...cheap rent, awesome little cabin on the fourth fairway of an exclusive disc golf country club).

My dad and all our community members have been golfing since the beginning of disc golf times (that's why i say frisbee...it's how I grew up, I made my user name before I knew better ) and we've been living out in this little canyon for something like over 20 years and just little by little sculpted a beautiful golf course...

we've evolved from object, to wood pins, to pvc with sinkers inside to rattle, to copper about 5 years ago...
                    Wow. Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                      Wow. Nice.
                      Yeah...we are really lucky. Recently, tho, we've been playing out of the Canyon (my landlord's forefather's named it the Heathen Canyon...how appropriate!) and it's been really cool to see my game improve and to meet other golfers and realize what a cool community disc golf is out in the real world.

Comment

Check out the homemade baskets in this old video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLPSThpRIM
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

that was beautiful dude. and screw the 2m rule
                          Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man. - The Dude, 1998.

Comment

The baskets in that vid remind me of the first time I played disc golf at Oceans of Fun in K.C. in the early 80's. Garbage bins with a pole. The "baskets" at the course in the vid we're a little better, they at least had a couple chains.

I too pick a single chain link. Either heizer side low or anheiser low depending on the wind and obstacles. I focus only on that single link and keep my eyes on it all the way through my motion. If I miss putts, it's usually because Im pulling my eyes. I equate it to riding a bike... if you look at the tree your going to hit the tree! If you look at the chain...your going to hit the chain!
                            Last edited by olydiscgolf; September 25th, 2009, 06:24 PM.
                            A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Check out the homemade baskets in this old video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLPSThpRIM
                              This is unbelievable...I've played... I swear to goodness...that park! I can't find my disc golf guide book right now, but two years ago I took a disc golf vacation to Mobile and we played a municipal park, can't remember the name, tho...I thought it was funny like in ball golf, a "muni", but those southern pines were pretty unique and the holes that ran alongside the road like that...and the other video for Hobbit Park, I know I played there because it took us forever to find, the holes were hard to follow and my daddy-o nearly fell in that canal fishing a disc out and I had the craziest allergy attack underneath all the live oak trees...an unforgettable experience...small freaking world...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X