X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your thoughts

Without going into an essay and all of that, I want to ask what you think...
    The vendor for a tournament charges Tax on discs bought with funny money won in the tournament that the vendor sponsors/puts on.
    Hope that was short and clear, do you think that is fair, or another way to profit from a tournament they already are profiting from?

I don't really know tax laws all that well, and they probably vary from state to state, but here is a common sense answer: The vendor will be taxed if he is making a profit through disc sales and scrip redemtion. It makes sense that some vendors would choose to pass this cost along. This may not even be an option in states with a sales tax.

Comment

I'm not even sure how scrip redemption works between TDs and vendors...can someone clear that up for me? It can't be a straight across value, can it?

As far as passing the tax to the customer, it seems reasonable for that to occur.
      Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

If the TD is the Vendor?? Same thought process for tax?

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
          If the TD is the Vendor?? Same thought process for tax?
          Shouldn't matter. If the vendor pays tax on the discs they sell then why not pass it on to the customer?

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
          Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X