X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you're only gay?
    I'm happy enough most of the time. But sometimes I'm not so gay.

You've heard about the monosexual movement, haven't you? Yeah, we've even got our own bars now. Nice places with candlelit tables for one, where you can go and read your book and not be bothered by anyone.
    Last edited by Ol' Bob; December 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Nice, lol.
      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

So Bob, it would be ok if I were to tell you to "Go screw yourself!," considering you date yourself.

Ok, to hijack the topic back ... I think a Non-Official gathering is certainly in order and can happen anytime. I agree with The Chuckster/Boognish that momentum is an important thing with this process, and waiting = disappointment.

Comment

I haven't heard any reason against a Wednesday meeting, can we do it then? I won't be able to make a meeting on Thursday unfortunately.
          'Weekend 4 Women':
          Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
          Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
            ... speaking of whom, somebody ought'a make sure Herm at least knows this is happening...
            Why would we possibly want herm involved?

I saw Gordy K today (the current VP of the club) He was curious when he was going to notified?
            Last edited by LJ Jubner; December 28th, 2009, 04:41 PM. Reason: Added thought
            rewindb.com

Comment

Wednesdays work for me.

What's your angle Jub? You agree with people being upset that the meetings have been stalled because of waiting on a handful of people, but here you seem to be defending the notion of making sure everyone is going to be there before a meeting is held. Being that this isn't an official meeting, Gordy doesn't need to be there, though he is of course more than welcome to attend if he so desires and I'd encourage it.

No notifications have been sent out to anyone else...everybody knows about the meeting the same way you do, from reading this handy free public forum. Did you ask Gordy if there's any news on the "official" club meeting?
              Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Man, I have never seen a bigger circle jerk than this current one. What a bunch of dimwits. As I live in Seattle I tried to join Lowell's "Seattle Disc Club" in 1996. Didn't happen. He is a really nice dude and certainly is one of the pioneers of our great sport. But, He told me to just hang out at North Park and that there weren't any "meetings", just kinda hang out and disc. I was real disappointed. I joined Ft. Steilacoom DG. Anyways..what you do (head slap) is schedule a meeting on a SATURDAY or SUNDAY. People work different hours, I used to work nights. If people can't or won't make it for a couple of hours on a weekend then they just really don't care enough. You post the time and place on this forum 3-4 weeks in advance. Those who show up are involved and can start making plans. Those who don't, have limited say in what goes down. We don't have to be concerned about ANY ONE PERSON(S). Why is everyone trying to make this so complicated?

Comment

Tim I just thought If Gordy was the 2010 WS championship TD and current club VP he should be invited. I personally don't think we should wait! This should be an official meeting with or with out lowell. Times a wastin
                  rewindb.com

Comment

Ok, it looks as if someone edited my posting yesterday? I don't see it today, and I was expecting comments. Who edited my post ... and why didn't they PM me to indicate why it would be completely erased? There was no cursing or inappropriate language.

I offered my conference room, blocks from North Park, on Wed, 1/6 at 7 p.m. Geez, I even offered water, tea, coffee and snacks. I suggested that this was a NON-OFFICIAL, pre-official meeting. I gave directions.

Does someone not want me (or anybody else) to take the proverbial bull by the horns? I don't give an itshay about "power" in DG. Quite frankly, it's really laughable to me. I'm taking over as President of the company I work for ... I don't have time to participate in the SDGC as a Secretary, VP or President. I want to participate in the club as a member, and give what I can in terms of money and time.

I'm assuming my post was erased because someone disagrees with a simple get-together (casual, non-official, etc.). I'm slipping away guys ... this really is quite irritating. Any comments? Am I way off base? I'm utterly confused.

Comment

Sorry Ken! I moved the stuff for the new meeting to this thread: http://www.nwdiscgolfnews.com/forum/...ead.php?t=3781

I'll try to remember to make sure I put a note in both threads in the future--I was trying to give greater visibility and start things fresh, but I guess that kind of backfired, huh?
                      Last edited by Tim; December 29th, 2009, 03:30 PM.
                      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I just couldn't figure out what happened, and am glad it was innocuous vs. malicious. I made an incorrect assumption ... pardon me. KS

Comment

Originally posted by Ken Smith View Post
                          Ok, it looks as if someone edited my posting yesterday? I don't see it today, and I was expecting comments. Who edited my post ... and why didn't they PM me to indicate why it would be completely erased? There was no cursing or inappropriate language.

I offered my conference room, blocks from North Park, on Wed, 1/6 at 7 p.m. Geez, I even offered water, tea, coffee and snacks. I suggested that this was a NON-OFFICIAL, pre-official meeting. I gave directions.

Does someone not want me (or anybody else) to take the proverbial bull by the horns? I don't give an itshay about "power" in DG. Quite frankly, it's really laughable to me. I'm taking over as President of the company I work for ... I don't have time to participate in the SDGC as a Secretary, VP or President. I want to participate in the club as a member, and give what I can in terms of money and time.

I'm assuming my post was erased because someone disagrees with a simple get-together (casual, non-official, etc.). I'm slipping away guys ... this really is quite irritating. Any comments? Am I way off base? I'm utterly confused.
                          Congrats on the promotion Ken!
                          A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                            Congrats on the promotion Ken!
                            Thanks Chris.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X