X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sillybizz View Post
    And what does that have to do with a meeting of the "club"?
    Absolutely nothing.
    My original post was going to be much longer, and include our conversation about the ongoing battle for a permanent home for what is now temporary #13, playing down the hill.
    The city didnt like Lowells idea of making a new hole north of #16 basket, so the options are now pretty limited.
    Of the two remaining spots possible for a new hole, I prefer the idea of one up on the hill beside 18, somewhere up along the trail we used to get to 12 when they were grading the hill.

This info is more along the lines of what would be discussed at the meeting, right ?

Hey, how about having the meeting in here, in a chat room, so more people could attend ?

Comment

I've moved the discussion on the future of Terrace to this thread.

As to the meeting, I'll try to remember to call Lowell tonight (I meant to last night, but got caught up watching Inglorious Basterds). The reason it takes so long is that Lowell wants certain people to be there for the meeting, and those people aren't active on these forums.

This first meeting will not be covering specifics of courses, it will be more about the future of the club and how things will proceed.
      Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim View Post
        The reason it takes so long is that Lowell wants certain people to be there for the meeting, and those people aren't active on these forums.

I guess we can wait, I find it interesting that the person holding this club back (for several years in my opinion) has the ability to delay any type of action by just allowing it to flounder. Pretty soon it will be warm again and no one will want to do anything but play.

Reforming SDGC First proposed 10/10/09

Future date TBA
        rewindb.com

Comment

Please keep us updated as I would like to attend. Are we going to have it at Lowells? Diamond Knot Brewery in Mukilteo?
          "What's in the bag", pdga #37977, dgcr #356, **Team Chainbanger'z**

You are never really playing an opponent. You are playing yourself, your own highest standards, and when you reach your limits, that is real joy.
          -- Arthur Ashe

Comment

The reason it takes so long is that Lowell wants certain people to be there for the meeting, and those people aren't active on these forums.
            Like who? And why does it take so damn long to get these people? Give me an address or phone number and I'll get in contact with them.
            Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

I ain't gonna bump with no big fat woman, Beatrice, Belinda and Batsheba Butt
              rewindb.com

Comment

I'm making my January schedule and was wondering date/time and location of the Seattle DGC meeting. Tim or Andrew, please advise. Thanks guys. Ken

Comment

We aren't sure when the official meeting is but how about we make a time when all of us can get together to have a more casual talk about what we all want? I'm thinking January 6th (Wednesday) at 7pm.

That way, whomever can make it will be there AND those that can't make it will only miss a group discussion.

I know its a lame way to get things started but at this point, it seems like we've already lost all speed (to put it nicely ) trying to get together something official so in the meantime we can do this and all get on the same page. Does anyone have a nice place where we could host something like this?
                  'Weekend 4 Women':
                  Saturday, June 30th - Sudoku Showdown II - FREE PDGA XC Tier
                  Sunday, July 1st - Seattle SuperClassic - FREE PDGA XC Tier

Comment

I spoke with Lowell a couple weeks ago (same day as my last post) and he had not yet scheduled anything. He mentioned waiting until after the Pretzelbowl (Feb. 20th) to have a meeting. I tried to convey that people are really anxious to have this meeting and that we'd like to be able to meet ASAP (like, weeks ago). So hopefully there will be word sooner than later.

If we can't schedule an "official" meeting within the next couple weeks or so, we'd at least like to have a get together of sorts, where we can get some ideas on the table and discuss what we'd like to see going forward. Important things that we'd want to discuss would include, but not limited to the future of Lakewood, Keith from Chainbanger'z progress, any developments of the east side. I want to stress that if we do have such a get together, it would not be an official function of the Seattle DGC, it'd purely be a first step in getting organized and oriented.

As always, I'll be sure to post when I know something a little more definitive.

EDIT: haha, I see Andrew and I have similar timing. So uh, yeah, what he said.
                    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I spoke with Lowell a couple weeks ago (same day as my last post) and he had not yet scheduled anything. He mentioned waiting until after the Pretzelbowl (Feb. 20th) to have a meeting. I tried to convey that people are really anxious to have this meeting and that we'd like to be able to meet ASAP (like, weeks ago). So hopefully there will be word sooner than later.
                      So Lowell is still trying to get a hold of these phantom people for the meeting or what? It seems like everyone wants this meeting ASAP since about October but Lowell keeps delaying this. If Lowell was ready would you wait for me? I didn't think so. Not to sound bitter but I'm starting to think if he can't or more likely isn't willing to come then we should have the meeting without him, what is so special about him that we need to delay weeks, months and years IMO because of one person? We are going to discuss the future of Lakewood, well we can't wait forever, from what I understand maintenance of the park goes away starting on the first of January. Keith from Chainbanger'z is getting shit done right now by himself with putting in a new course while we sit and wait. he's doing something the SDGC hasn't done since before I started playing many years ago. My comments here sound very anti-SDGC but infact I'm not at all I'm just sick and tired of the same old Seattle disc golf scene. I'm willing to do whatever is needed of me to make the area better. It's a crying shame that our area has been so crappy for so long, I think we all want and deserve something similar to the Portland area and I'm not sure that's possible with the current people in charge of the "club" sadly.

Sincerely yours, Skeptical in Seattle (Thomas Little)
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Nice Post Tom I have been saying this for years That's why I call him slowell and We have been waiting on him for ever. Lets just do it with out him.
                        rewindb.com

Comment

I agree with Tim and Andrew ... either 1/6 or 1/7 at 7 p.m. is fine with me.

Lowell is clearly a very important part of the SDGC. People like Gordy Kirkpatrick and Dan Huckins should be contacted, and I think their attendance and participation would be important (among others who don't get on this forum). However, one person (or a few people) doesn't/don't make a club. Healthy clubs typically are made up of many involved individuals ... and I know there are enough people who want to be involved.

So ... let's meet at either of these dates. My office has a conference room that we can use ... it's virtually on the corner of Meridian Ave N. and Northgate Way. Also, my house is 3 miles from North Park and I can get some food and beverages. My house might not be available after this time ... I wouldn't mind hosting a meeting before the official meeting. Ken

Comment

Great Ken That's the spirit.
                            rewindb.com

Comment

Originally posted by cefire View Post
                              ... how about we make a time when all of us can get together to have a more casual talk about what we all want? I'm thinking January 6th (Wednesday) at 7pm.
                              I would be in attendance if this happens.

An unofficial group discussion is a good idea. The SDGC hasn't had a meeting in so long, and if we want the first official meeting of the resurrected Club to be organized and productive, there's no such thing as too much cooperative brainstorming and planning.

I want this to get off the ground as much as the next guy, but given the seemingly chaotic state of things, having an official meeting 7-10 days from now would not be realistic. (Think of how the minutes would read!) However, an off-the-record gathering to get people on the same page would be more conducive to a healthy and productive club, and is very much in order.

This way, we can have some sense of progress being made, even if certain people aren't able to be in attendance, but also without feeling like we're kicking our respected elder/leader/figurehead/friend to the curb.
                              anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

... speaking of whom, somebody ought'a make sure Herm at least knows this is happening...
                                anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X