X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glow Plastic: need input

need some info. is anyone throwing gateways glow or have they thrown the NEW discraft Z-glow plastic? How is it? compared to Photon or Innova DX glow? Champion glow is one of the worst IMHO so i dont use it. Have a pile of plastic from state championship ready for trading specifically to get more Glow plastic and need a little info before hand. Thanks in advance

you got any of that "horrible" champion plastic laying around for trade?
    May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

I've pretty much given up on glow plastic (for glow purposes) now that I've discovered the ways of the LED. I can't imagine any glow plastic being easier to see than that.

Comment

The BEST glow plastic I've ever seen is the Discraft Elite Z GLOW MRV! Few minutes in the light and it stays lit all night! Good luck finding any though, I've got 3 on the wall and 1 in the bag and they're not going anywhere!

The best technique I've seen for "making" glow plastic is to break open a glow stick and put it on some medical gauze, then use clear package tape and tape to the top and bottom of your disc. That way you can throw your regular discs.
        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

I love the LED way. Tiny little thing dead center in the middle of any Elite Z/Champion plastic is the way to go. Stays lit and never disappears. Unless of course you shank one into a water hazard .
          "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
          Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
            I love the LED way. Tiny little thing dead center in the middle of any Elite Z/Champion plastic is the way to go. Stays lit and never disappears. Unless of course you shank one into a water hazard .
            We learned the hard way to be generous with the packing tape. Matthew shanked one into a hillside full of ferns and it was really easy to find. Well, the piece of tape with the LED still attached was really easy to find. The disc, not so much.

Comment

Mike, I have a new Glo Z Buzzz, in fact I heard that discraft is going to do a run of this stuff in a few molds including the new Stalker. As to its comparison to Photon, well nothing compares to Photon, but the new Glo z is close, and it kicks the shit out of innovaland's glo champ. It looses a charge slowly, but a quick flash from an old camera unit gets it back right quick. The feel of the plastic is AWESOME, in fact the Buzzz has become the Z Buzzz in my bag, and get this, it's a domey Buzzz. Don't get me wrong I love a flat Buzzz (my light Pro D is flat), but this domey glo adds another dimension. The LEDS are great, but give me glo.
              educate your thinking

Comment

Domey is the way to go. I always opt for domey discs. I think they float better and glide farther. Flat top discs just don't feel right to me.

Comment

I've always loved my champion glow orcs (glorcs), and have used them to hit aces with both arms...they make me happy.

Comment

glow

i havent been able to get my hands on a Z glow buzz yet ($25) here same with stalker but hearing that im on the trade search for sure as for the champ stuff ive traded or sold all that im not keeping (and its in a dark closet until whenever$$$). There r tourneys and leagues here that r glow only so LED's r out. And forget the packing tape its all about clear DUCT tape, small amount and it doesnt break loose. Ive got 3 Photon molds coming in the mail at the moment, ive joined a LOT of forums lately and putting out the word seems to be working so far cant wait till discraft "releases" the new glow completely. I gave up on that blacklight i used to carry now its the UV LED flashlight, much better, flashlights r also penalized in leagues unless there UV or red lens. now im hoping my new Photon XL gets here before friday nights round at Hollywoods But if anyone has any Photon im in the mood to TRADE TRADE TRADE

Comment

Originally posted by erp View Post
                      I've always loved my champion glow orcs (glorcs), and have used them to hit aces with both arms...they make me happy.
                      But do they glow? I love mine, but they are strictly daytime only (unless I add an LED).

Comment

Originally posted by mbr View Post
                        And forget the packing tape its all about clear DUCT tape, small amount and it doesnt break loose.
                        I had no idea there was such a thing. I'll look for it.

Comment

The clear duct tape works well, but regular duct tape works just fine too. Just leave the light part sticking out from the top, and you're good to go. Not all duct tapes are created equal though...some of it you may as well be trying to hold your light on with a Post-It note when the dew sets in. One of my buddies turned me on to what he called "hurricane tape"--there's a name brand Hurricane Tape, but what he had was just SUPER sticky duct tape. Probably called "industrial strength" or some such thing at hardware stores, but you could take it on and off a disc several times and not have to worry about your light falling off.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

I use Scotch brand clear duct tape that I picked up from the Ace hardware down the street from work. I have never had a problem with the LED coming off. You will need to use some rubbing alcohol to remove the stickiness before your next day round though.

Comment

I've only noticed it when I'm putting my bag in the basement after a day round - they seem to glow vigorously.

Haven't done the night golf thing, but may get a chance at Whistler's in October...I'd probably use an led regardless - a red one as Ol' Bob has pointed out - the reason is that red works on the cones of our eyes and white works on the rods which are more sensitive and take 45 minutes to adjust to low light situations...

Eeek, now Bob's got me digressing too!

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              But do they glow? I love mine, but they are strictly daytime only (unless I add an LED).

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X