• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Schneider
    started a topic Liar liar pants on fire

Liar liar pants on fire

From the ol' news wire, dateline Colorado Springs:

Disc golf story in Tuesday's paper was a fabrication
    The disc golf story that ran on B1 in Tuesday’s paper was a fabrication by the subject, Daniel Carlile, 17.
    Carlile, who is out of town, admitted via the telephone to The Gazette and to his family that he did not advance to any national or world tournaments, as indicated in the article, and that he had a trophy made as part of the deception.

Carlile had fooled his family, which contacted The Gazette suggesting a story on his accomplishments. After talking to Carlile and two family members, The Gazette ran the story along with a photo. We regret our part in the fabrication.

Jim O’Connell
    Sports editor

Wish we could see the original article...

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    Even if the Colorado Springs Gazette article disappears from their site some day, this thread ensures that anyone searching for "Dan Carlile" and "disc golf" will always be able to find out what happened.
    Immortality, or infamy, for Dan.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Even if the Colorado Springs Gazette article disappears from their site some day, this thread ensures that anyone searching for "Dan Carlile" and "disc golf" will always be able to find out what happened.

Leave a comment:

• mazza
    replied
    hey channman do u remeber me beatin u at worlds back in the 1980.....
    lol

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    It's those poor peoples' own fault.
    Why, I actually saw Red Green build his own Zamboni with a Chrysler K-car and duct tape.

Leave a comment:

• erp
    replied
    Let's not make fun of people that can't afford zamboni's, eh?

Originally posted by Sam View Post
    Wait, wait... Curling isn't a sport. It's housework done on a hockey rink. Anyone who thinks that this sport is cool, I have a hardwood floor you can come practice on. Please bring your own push broom.

Leave a comment:

• Adam Schneider
    replied
    Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    Hmmm, we all know the bestttt rounds in the world are just a tad above 1100... and I'm sure he has messed up on 1 or 2 holes in his life so I suspect 1115ish for average...
    Yeah... after all, he only came in 3rd.

Leave a comment:

• snap7times
    replied
    Originally posted by Scott View Post
    Probably right around 1500.
    Hmmm, we all know the bestttt rounds in the world are just a tad above 1100... and I'm sure he has messed up on 1 or 2 holes in his life so I suspect 1115ish for average...

If I were Mittl or Flash, I'd mail Danman an invitation to 2010 BSF asap, I want to meet the dude who handed Chanman a "singapore style caning"

Leave a comment:

• Ol' Bob
    replied
    I went to the curling championships and cleaned up, sweeping it all. I put the competition completely on ice. But then I had the stones for it.

Leave a comment:

• Sam
    replied
    Wait, wait... Curling isn't a sport. It's housework done on a hockey rink. Anyone who thinks that this sport is cool, I have a hardwood floor you can come practice on. Please bring your own push broom.

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by snap7times View Post
    Wonder what Danman's rating is...
    Probably right around 1500.

Leave a comment:

• snap7times
    replied
    Well... it's gonna be tough for Chanman cuz Danman is going to USDGC too, he won his invite at the seattle nationals of course... Wonder what Danman's rating is... or maybe we have to wait till the October 20th update... hmm...

Leave a comment:

• olydiscgolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Parks View Post
    I think that this would be the appropriate place to announce how happy I was to win the Open division at City Cup in Spokane this year (nationals part deux).
    So Chandler got beat out for THIS title TOO! Poor guy! I guess he will have to hold out for USDGC!

Leave a comment:

• Scott
    replied
    Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
    I actually think curling is kind of cool.
    As do I. But you've got to admit, it's not exactly a mainstream sport.

Leave a comment:

• Parks
    replied
    I think that this would be the appropriate place to announce how happy I was to win the Open division at City Cup in Spokane this year (nationals part deux).

Leave a comment:

Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X