Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best courses to show off in the Portland area?

My Nephew is coming up this weekend to play some dg. He lives in Albany and pretty much only plays Timber Linn. The idea of this trip is so that I can show him what real golf is like.

Pretty sure we're going to Horning's on Saturday afternoon.

Not sure about Sunday. I was leaning towards Milo/Timber, but then I thought about Pier/Trojan. Don't think I can get away, so it would probably be one or the other.

Thoughts?

If you weren't going to Horning's, I'd say go to Estacada. But after a trip to HH, Pier/Trojan would make for more variety than McIver/Timber.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

pier/trojan
      sigpichttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Disc-G...k/115726924682

Comment

Originally posted by Discdogs View Post
        pier/trojan
        Why did I know you would suggest THAT?

Comment

Don't forget about the civil war re-enactment going on this weekend. That effectively pulls Milo off the table, I'd think.
          Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

Originally posted by all2common View Post
            Don't forget about the civil war re-enactment going on this weekend. That effectively pulls Milo off the table, I'd think.
            What are you going to be acting as during the re-enactment?

Comment

A fool.
              Golf appeals to the idiot in us and the child. Just how childlike golf players become is proven by their frequent inability to count past five. - John Updike

Comment

I have hosted a few "out of towners" (varied levels of DG ability) in the Portland area, and Pier has recieved the most "oohs and aaahs" of any course.

Comment

Originally posted by Pizzel View Post
                  I have hosted a few "out of towners" (varied levels of DG ability) in the Portland area, and Pier has recieved the most "oohs and aaahs" of any course.
                  That's what got me thinking about Pier instead of Milo. How could I not show off Pier Park?

Comment

When I'm playing with players who have a fair amount of experience and have played a fair number of courses I would say Milo is always the better golf course. But for newer players, or players who might not have the course experience to understand the finer points of Milo Mciver and what makes it such a well rounded course, I find they get more out of playing Pier, the distance keeps it in range of newer players more.
                    PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                    dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

vance/rockwood hands down... where else can you throw a disc and watch people jump off cliffs at the same time?

Comment

Pier, Trojan, Horning's, and soon Stub

Let's face it folks the westside combination of these courses offer PDX's DG mecca. Sorry Milo, your day has arrived. Bring on the Blue and Gray...
                        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                          Pier, Trojan, Horning's, and soon Stub

Let's face it folks the westside combination of these courses offer PDX's DG mecca. Sorry Milo, your day has arrived. Bring on the Blue and Gray...
                          You Westies can claim Trojan, Horning's and Stub, but Pier is clearly on neutral ground.

With that said, you're still a far cry from usurping Milo's status as the premiere course in the area.

Bring it.

"You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Milo needs to add the 9 tournament holes in permenantly to be able to lock down the title of best course in the area...

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
                              Milo needs to add the 9 tournament holes in permenantly to be able to lock down the title of best course in the area...
                              Hardly. That would simply make it THAT much better than the rest
                              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X