X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullseye View Post
    You Westies can claim Trojan, Horning's and Stub, but Pier is clearly on neutral ground.

With that said, you're still a far cry from usurping Milo's status as the premiere course in the area.

Bring it.

I knew that would garner a response Jeff...LOL And I agree Pier is neutral, but with 36 Gold rated holes out west Milo now just joins the ranks of another great PDX course.
    educate your thinking

Comment

Hardly. That would simply make it THAT much better than the rest
      Then why not just do it and get it done with instead of fanatizing about it for 360 days out of the year that it's not in place?

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
        I knew that would garner a response Jeff...LOL And I agree Pier is neutral, but with 36 Gold rated holes out west Milo now just joins the ranks of another great PDX course.
        I'm sorry... but where is this place you speak of? Comparing Horning's to Milo seems a little west-side-pride-ish to me and not really based on anything tangible. Fun courses for sure. But Milo... not even close.
        ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
        ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
          I'm sorry... but where is this place you speak of? Comparing Horning's to Milo seems a little west-side-pride-ish to me and not really based on anything tangible. Fun courses for sure. But Milo... not even close.
          Despite my vote for Pier/Trojan I'll have to agree with Sam here, Milo Mciver is a top ranked course nationally the course that Ken Climo put in his top 2 ever. You can argue all day over what course might be the most fun or the best for newer players or even the most scenic or beautiful but I don't think you can top Milo for the best overall course in the state.
          PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
          dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by snap7times View Post
            Then why not just do it and get it done with instead of fanatizing about it for 360 days out of the year that it's not in place?
            Ummm... because the parks people won't let us. They don't want casual golfers throwing over the roads etc...
            "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Ummm... because the parks people won't let us. They don't want casual golfers throwing over the roads etc...
              It seems that the layout could be done pretty easily with modified pin placements on a couple of holes. For example, the island hole on the east course could have an alt placement just short of the road, or way over to the right by the river. It would only go to the island placement for tournaments.

Comment

If you go to pier make sure you go early. The early morning rounds are peaceful and tranquil, while the afternoon rounds are more like a three hour tour. It makes me think of the theme song for Gilligan's Island.

Comment

maybe someday we can go farther west.....

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Well I'll let it go right here, as I agree Milo has great holes, scenery, etc, and it has the most zelot like devotion of it's regulars, but best in the state...you're smoking the good stuff up there at PLU dude. One of the best sure. Hey I even admit, if I lived close I'd play it as much as I do Pier and Hornings. Best in the state, naw. But I don't think any one course can be the best in the state, too many great holes on great courses to favor one combination over another. Yea Sam I would have to say the devotion to Milo is downright religious in nature, so convinced they are right why bother to look at anything else. Milo rocks, no doubt, best in the state...maybe to those who play it religiously, but not for the majority, sorry.
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                      Despite my vote for Pier/Trojan I'll have to agree with Sam here, Milo Mciver is a top ranked course nationally the course that Ken Climo put in his top 2 ever. You can argue all day over what course might be the most fun or the best for newer players or even the most scenic or beautiful but I don't think you can top Milo for the best overall course in the state.
                      um Whistler's Bend? I personally love Milo the few times I have played it but I enjoyed Whistler's, Pier and Horning's Canyon course much more.
                      Sometimes my mind boggles. It's so deep my mind actually boggles.

~ Cyndi Lauper ~

Comment

Originally posted by E-ROC View Post
                        If you go to pier make sure you go early. The early morning rounds are peaceful and tranquil, while the afternoon rounds are more like a three hour tour. It makes me think of the theme song for Gilligan's Island.
                        We'll hit Pier first thing in the morning. Although I haven't been in a while, I often go on Sunday mornings. Usually I'm finshing my second round by about 8:30. The words peaceful and tranquil barely begin to describe it.

After Pier, we'll head to Trojan. That might be pretty crowded, too. We may even see another group....

Comment

JMan's right, the McIver worshippers do seem to be unusually zealous. I haven't seen the Whistler's Bend camp ridicule and shout down the other side the way Milo-lovers do.
                          Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Actually... it is the best in the state for the majority, JMan. I have traveled the state and talked to golfers from all over and there is one thing that is agreed on by most - Milo is the best course in the state.

And why haven't the Whistler's Bend camp shouted the way Milo-lovers do? Because they know that the best course in the state is Milo. Ask them. I have.
                            ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
                            ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Schneider View Post
                              JMan's right, the McIver worshippers do seem to be unusually zealous. I haven't seen the Whistler's Bend camp ridicule and shout down the other side the way Milo-lovers do.
                              Ridicule?

Listen up you putt-putt golf loving, gps-mapping supergeek, I have not yet begun to ridicule!!! Now, scurry on back to Orchard before I taunt you a second time!
                              "You won't like me when I am angry, because I always back up my rage with facts and documented sources". - The Credible Hulk

Comment

Orchard? Pfft. I'll be at Whistler's Bend, Mt. Shasta, and Dexter next... How's that for pitch-'n'-putt?
                                Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                                Collapse
                                No announcement yet.
                                Working...
                                X