X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all have our fantasies, but...

This ever happen to you? You go out for a round and several members of your group talk about nothing but Fantasy Football continuously for the whole round?

Well, I'm safe from that for today. Suddenly, these guys are not available for Sunday rounds.

BTW, I'll be taping the Seahawks game. I like to watch almost as much as the next guy. If you fast-forward between the downs and through the commercials, you can easily get a game in in an hour.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
    If you fast-forward between the downs and through
    the commercials, you can easily get a game in in an hour.
    I LOVE that. It is the best way to watch football. My remote has a 30 second jump ahead button, which makes it super-easy to jump to the next play. Awesome.

Comment

I have that commercial skip button too. If you have one of those Sonys like mine, by going fast forward/play, you advance 15 seconds. I wore out one of those remotes and found another in a thrift store. I know that Speed TV usually has two and a half minutes of commercials in most Formula One race breaks. When I get to the break, bump, bump, bump, bump, bump on the button and the next words are, "welcome back." If I'm watching the Mariners, I hit the button four times when the third out is made. Fast-forward/play knocks off those 15 second spots to tell you about upcoming programs or to remind you whose commercials you are going to skip next inning.

Comment

Doesn't work as well for college football since the play clock is a little shorter. I try to hit the go-ahead button as soon as it looks like the guy is going down and it usually works. It also doesn't work very well with a no-huddle or hurry-up offense.

Comment

I spent a football season crocheting an afghan once. After the whistle blows and any interesting replays are done, look down and keep adding a row of teal yarn. Look up once the commercial/sponsor plug/annoying Maddenism has concluded and watch the action.

Plus, as the season wore on and the weather became colder, the afghan was big enough to keep me warm as I created more.

I suppose I still heard all the commercials, but you absorb much less when your eyes aren't glued to the screen.
          The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

This ever happen to you? You go out for a round and several members of your group talk about nothing but Fantasy Football continuously for the whole round?

Well, I'm safe from that for today. Suddenly, these guys are not available for Sunday rounds.

BTW, I'll be taping the Seahawks game. I like to watch almost as much as the next guy. If you fast-forward between the downs and through the commercials, you can easily get a game in in an hour.
            My home course starts in the neighbor's horse pasture and as you walk off the first tee and start down the first fairway you walk right by the big, blue horse water bucket...there is an official rule that right now we are golfing, so you can just chuck it in the bucket, and pick it up on the way back.

I'm also the type of person, tho, who would sport the "shut up & throw" sticker on the back of my suby (unfortunately, a week after I put that sticker on, I totaled that particular suby on a nasty patch of black ice on HWY 6).

peace threw disc golf,
            emmarose
            "'There are two mantras.,' Bernard said, 'Yum and yuk. Mine is yum.'"
            Tom Robbins, Still Life With Woodpecker

Comment

Bob I want you to know that we are getting our football fix on Monday nights at Porky's so Zippyboy should be avalible for golf on Sunday.

Comment

it is harder these days to go all day and not find out what has happened with a particular sporting event
                but at times I have all three at my house and a couple more at my parents house recording sporting events for the day while I'm golfing
                basketball is the hardest to just zip through for me,
                I really zip through baseball games, my hand sometimes cramps for never leaving grip of the remote
                record it
                golf
                what's more enjoyable than golf
                well besides that

Comment

Originally posted by Ms Thing View Post
                  Bob I want you to know that we are getting our football fix on Monday nights at Porky's so Zippyboy should be avalible for golf on Sunday.
                  Porky's? Tina was just in there a week or two ago while up in Longview teaching a first-aid or cpr class or something to the longshoremen.

Comment

Yeah, how do you keep from hearing the outcome of the game or race before you get to watch the tape? There's the rub. People have taken to screwing with me by telling me wrong info. I don't even want to hear things like that, like Hasselbeck got his back injured again. That didn't really happen, did it?

Comment

like Hasselbeck got his back injured again. That didn't really happen, did it?
                      There's no way it could have happened. I haven't watched it yet.

(For the record, I think it's a broken rib that didn't happen).

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                        There's no way it could have happened. I haven't watched it yet.

(For the record, I think it's a broken rib that didn't happen).
                        its just a fractured rib.... that didnt happen to McNabb/Matt in week's 1/2.....

dam spearing linebackers
                        "In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

There's no way I'm going to get tipped off by any sports news programs. I'll never be into it enough to waste time with those. Plus, I never watch any local news on teevee since I can get my weather from the net and my news from DemocracyNow! I know I'm missing out on hearing about all those local murders, but somehow I'll tough it out.

Comment

Hey now, don't forget about all the tragic accidents, possible pandemic breakouts, child molestors next door, statistical bunk, general fact-spinning and product placement that you're missing out on, too, Ol' Bob. Geez, if you don't watch the national and local news on one of the major networks you might not even know whether the country's current terrorism threat level is orange or chartreuse! What are you thinking? Don't you care about the world?!
                            anything truly worth doing is not likely to be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by killa View Post
                              Hey now, don't forget about all the tragic accidents, possible pandemic breakouts, child molestors next door, statistical bunk, general fact-spinning and product placement that you're missing out on, too, Ol' Bob. Geez, if you don't watch the national and local news on one of the major networks you might not even know whether the country's current terrorism threat level is orange or chartreuse! What are you thinking? Don't you care about the world?!
                              Huh? Sorry, I don't remember so good. But I DO care, really! It's okay, Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert will fill me in in less than two and a half hours from now. They're probably returning triumphantly from the Emmies. Colbert is a product placement master!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X