X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jman,
    I am sure you know I was just teasing. I do not buy into the whole blind brand loyalty thing. I throw INNOVA exclusively because they are the only discs available locally to purchase both from retailers and at tournaments with scrip. I did try a Buzzz a few years ago and really liked the feel of them. At the time I had form issues throwing mids, like the person starting this thread. I rarely threw mids and for a time didn't even carry one. I ended up trading the Buzzz away because I did not have any confidence that I could throw it cleanly and accurately. I ended up purchasing a stack of DX Rocs because they were supposed to be the mid range disc of "champions". I still could not throw them for st*t. I had the same problems as I did with the Buzzz. My form is much better know and I feel pretty confident in my mid range game.

My advice to the person who started this thread is to get a small stack of your mid range of choice and take them to a field. Slow your throwing motion down until the hit, don't reach back as far and give the disc a slight nose up angle. Repeat as often as necessary. This is what worked for me. I found that my problem was that I was trying to throw them like a driver.....hard and fast with the nose down. Mids are a totally different animal and need a slightly different approach. Best of luck!
    Last edited by Jester; September 20th, 2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks to all who took the time to reply. I tubed the video by Feldberg and took it to a feild for testing. It felt different but not uncomfortable. The heel of the hand being up more on top of the disc was the main difference feel wise but it did seem to work much better than my previous attempts. I threw nice and easy but still with snap and a bit of authority and the disc flew nice and straight and at a bit more altitude. I can tell that once I get this throw down all I will have to do is put it on the right line and thats where it will go. I do need to get a stack of these and throw allot. I did this when learning my driver and thought all that practice would apply to the buzz but it is as Jester says "a different animal". New skill set to learn and keep me entertained I love it. Thanks Again
      SD

Comment

Originally posted by Jester View Post
        Jman,
        I am sure you know I was just teasing. I do not buy into the whole blind brand loyalty thing. I throw INNOVA exclusively because they are the only discs available locally to purchase both from retailers and at tournaments with scrip. I did try a Buzzz a few years ago and really liked the feel of them. At the time I had form issues throwing mids, like the person starting this thread. I rarely threw mids and for a time didn't even carry one. I ended up trading the Buzzz away because I did not have any confidence that I could throw it cleanly and accurately. I ended up purchasing a stack of DX Rocs because they were supposed to be the mid range disc of "champions". I still could not throw them for st*t. I had the same problems as I did with the Buzzz. My form is much better know and I feel pretty confident in my mid range game.

My advice to the person who started this thread is to get a small stack of your mid range of choice and take them to a field. Slow your throwing motion down until the hit, don't reach back as far and give the disc a slight nose up angle. Repeat as often as necessary. This is what worked for me. I found that my problem was that I was trying to throw them like a driver.....hard and fast with the nose down. Mids are a totally differnt animal and need a slightly differnt approach. Best of luck!
        Oh I know Jester, just teasing ya back. Like you I buy the big D because over the years they are the most consistent, and I'm lucky I can track down some of the light stuff locally. What I can't I use on-line sources to obtain. It all comes down to finding those molds that work for the player, regardless of all the advice, then you need to throw a mold long enough to understand what it will do.
        'J'
        educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by REDFIVE View Post
          Throw the buzzz in a box and get a roc.
          Innova/Discraft -- Chevy/Ford? Found the perfect smiley:
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
            Innova/Discraft -- Chevy/Ford? Found the perfect smiley:
            omg bob whered u get that one

Comment

Apparently he got it from http://www.publicadvocate.com/phpBB3...rse%20copy.gif
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I don' got to show you where I steenkeen got it.
                The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X