Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I suppose I could take money out of the basket and diesel fund and call it my disposable income. Don't worry, I didn't register, though I wanted to. I chose to not view, mostly because they wanted my address and provided no privacy statement. I'm just an odd bird who works for no money and loves to play DG and see other people playing too.

Will success spoil the disc golf I love? There is a pretty good chance it could.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• Originally posted by snap7times View Post
      but who had to believe and work to get those sponsors, the pusher, not the laid back guy*
      Couldn't agree with you more snap...keep pushing, especially the DGr's who have not yet learned one of modern life's most frustrating realities: if you do not support what is important to you with your $ it will disappear.

Thank you for purchasing a live webcast through TodoCast.TV. If you
      experience technical difficulties, please contact your event producer.

========= GENERAL INFORMATION =========
      Merchant : TodoCast Inc.
      Date/Time : 09-Oct-2009 11:55:19 AM
      Transaction ID : 2647818412
      ========= ORDER INFORMATION =========
      Invoice Number : --------
      Description : Todocast LIVE (949) 655-1000
      Total : US $50.00
      Payment Method : Visa
      ==== BILLING INFORMATION ===
      Customer ID : --------
      First Name : Matthew
      Last Name : Haenny

Money well spent.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
        I suppose I could take money out of the basket and diesel fund and call it my disposable income. Don't worry, I didn't register, though I wanted to. I chose to not view, mostly because they wanted my address and provided no privacy statement. I'm just an odd bird who works for no money and loves to play DG and see other people playing too.

Will success spoil the disc golf I love? There is a pretty good chance it could.
        Since you didn't register, I won't bag on you However, a donation box on lucky mudd might be a good idea? Your course rocks and i would hate to see it evaporate if funds evaporate as well... disc golf will always be disc golf on the course, it' just the outside stuff that changes...

Comment

• What amazes me is that supposedly there were viewers from 46 countries. We only have about 25countries with disc golf courses. I'm going to check with Duesler to see where those other countries might be for future growth.

Comment

• Money in sports isn't made from donations it is made from sponsors. The next time they decide to do this they now have some selling power to give us what we really want; commercials. I wasn't able to watch or donate but I am sure the $10000 raised was enough to cover expenses. I see this as a win win. Bring on the future!
            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

• It takes time to grow all of this stuff... But I agree with snap... disc golf doesn't make any dramatic steps forward until people start making money off of it. Private courses, event organizers, media... it will all come if we are willing to vote with our dollars.

I think there is room for both pay to play and free park courses. But if we want this thing to grow faster we need to put our money where our mouths are.

Comment

• Call me crazy but I'm going to side with Ol Bob on this debate, I don't really want to see future tournaments sponsored by Coca-Cola or McDonalds, I think that the sport can grow through grassroots efforts like this, through individual donations, hard work and great community organizations like Stumptown dg, and with sponsors like Next Adventure, who come out and represent, not just pile in cash. With big sponsors comes big expectations, they're going to want to see disc golf change into some neatly-trimmed game resembling ball golf (IMO).

Huge props to the USDGC though, up here at college I got a number of non-players to watch a bit and it definitely got them stoked to try out disc golf.
                PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
                dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

• Speaking of college, check out this video posted today on the PDGA Home page regarding the 2009 Collegiate Champs:
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H6KIdE_mts

Comment

• I don't want huge outside the sport sponsors either. My point about the lack of donations to the USDGC live feed project is that there is no money that can be carried over to next year's possible projects... and when i said chipotle and mickey D's, i was referring to the money spent on food instead of the $10 donation... USDGC was our chance to do grass root fundraising, keep the money in our own sport without outside help and more than 85 percent of the people decided it wasn't worth $10?

I just want to see more effort from inside the community, every little bit helps... i have no intentions of creating a "two sided debate", but more of a brain fart session, stink it up boys...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Kennedy View Post
                      Speaking of college, check out this video posted today on the PDGA Home page regarding the 2009 Collegiate Champs:
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4H6KIdE_mts
                      Super cool... but wrong school... come on Ducks!

Comment

• Lucky Mud is not "my" course, though I hold a stake in it. It's a group effort, even if the group is small. We definitely have a tip jar, and it produces reasonably well. Beyond being a course, it's a home to people and animals. I hope it gets a good long run.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

• I don't think you have anything to worry about, Bob. Even if the sport did happen to blow up, I still think the Mud would remain the Mud as we know and love it.

Big business getting involved doesn't necessarily mean that it'd wreck house through the whole scene. Just because we have Safeco Field doesn't take all the neighborhood baseball diamonds away.

One of my friends has scouted out land around our area that's owned by Boeing that would supposedly make a great course (only have his word for it). If Boeing wanted to turn that into a top notch course, and even charge a reasonable fee for it, I'd be all for that.
                          Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

• As a player that plays for cash I think the more cash that is given to a tourney the better. I would love to be able to support my family by throwing frisbees in the woods. If a corporate sponsor coming in to the sport would make that possible it's all for the better. I think that most open players would agree. If mcd's wants to donate $10k or more to a tourney I would be greatful but I still wouldn't eat their food.
                            If you are a member of the pdga or a local club you are supporting the grassroots effort that has been happening for years. We don't have the funds as a culture to do it ourselves or it would already be done.
                            Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                            Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X