X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any course missing a basket?

I get curious when I see an ad like this.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/spo/1360410864.html

Bob

I doubt this guy is a basket thief, but a Google search of his phone number reveals numerous Craigslist postings. My guess is that he's RE-selling stuff that he's bought cheap from other people -- some of which may very well be stolen.
    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I saw that too and got suspicious. Haven't heard of any courses missing a basket though.
      Support Disc Golf Tournament Solutions on Facebook

DG Tournament Solutions Webpage

Comment

Originally posted by runnaman View Post
        I saw that too and got suspicious. Haven't heard of any courses missing a basket though.
        Wasn't a basket stolen at Adair recently?

Comment

What ever came of that one from Leverich? Did it turn out not to be some guy in the Midwest who was selling it from a location in Gresham?
          The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
          ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Yauger was missing a basket after one of their tournaments this summer.
            Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
            DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

It's a little hard to follow the guy's writing, but it sounds like he's selling the top and middle of a basket, with NO POLE. So, to be more specific, have any courses recently had their baskets stripped down to nothing but the central pole?
              Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I remember in grade school they wrote (engraved) our names on our bike locks. Maybe this should be done with baskets. Or how cars have VIN's maybe baskets need BINs.
                "Operator! Give me the number for 911! " - Homer S.

Comment

that is surely a stolen basket....whether he STOLE it or he bought it from the THIEF it is a stolen basket......

No F-ing way you get a basket without a pole unless it is stolen......fvcking tweekers

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

Well, did someone call...
                    educate your thinking

Comment

Originally posted by JMan View Post
                      Well, did someone call...

umm no not me

i have my own basket already

"In Discatarianism We Trust"

:cheers:

:cool:sigpic

Comment

It wouldn't be a bad idea to braze the three main pieces together. Anyone can cut a nut off a bolt, even if they've been made hard to wrench apart by rounding the bolt heads and nuts. Zinc is a good flux for bronze and it wouldn't be hard to sweat a little brazing rod into each joint. This could be done on the spot with an oxy/acetylene torch. If the whole basket got lifted, the bronze job would be an identifier.
                        The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
                        ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

I will be marking the ones at Jerry Miller DGC, i have a few ideas how to do this, any other suggestions on how to mark the baskets, other than the nuts and bolts idea?

Comment

You can pick up a quick set of steel stamps, grab hammer and said stamps and stamp the steel with whatever you want to identify the baskets. We do this at work all the time to stamp HIN numbers on boats.

Comment

sladen park in eugene had three baskets at it that were stolen. they were mach new 2's though, but for someone that doesn't know baskets well, this could easily be misinterpreted.
                              May the wind be in your favor...

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X