Any course missing a basket? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I began hammer stamping "L MUD" and "98647," our zip code, on our baskets. That's three times on each to get the top, the basket, and the pole. It turned out to be pretty hard work, stamping those rounded surfaces, and very easy to send the stamps flying off into the grass or ferns. I gave it up after one basket. I'm thinking that brazing the pieces together not only makes the thieves have to take the thing as a single big unit, but means I only have to stamp the identifier on there once.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

    Comment


    • #17
      You probably already know this, but be careful welding on anything galvanized - those fumes redefine toxic...

      Originally posted by Ol' Bob View Post
      I began hammer stamping "L MUD" and "98647," our zip code, on our baskets. That's three times on each to get the top, the basket, and the pole. It turned out to be pretty hard work, stamping those rounded surfaces, and very easy to send the stamps flying off into the grass or ferns. I gave it up after one basket. I'm thinking that brazing the pieces together not only makes the thieves have to take the thing as a single big unit, but means I only have to stamp the identifier on there once.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Matt B. View Post
        Wasn't a basket stolen at Adair recently?
        Yes, hole three at Adair had its basket stolen.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Go Beavs View Post
          Yes, hole three at Adair had its basket stolen.

          I have a metal stamping set and any one can borrow it at any time, I believe WDGC borrowed once upon a time.
          PDGA #25296
          Stumptown #34

          Comment


          • #20
            It sounds to me like this could easily lead to the return of a stolen basket(if it was indeed stolen), and I'm sure Randy wouldn't mind letting the authorities know where he got the expensive metal basket thingy that he has listed at $195... knowing nothing about disc golf-- hmm, why would he be in the market to buy/sell a basket?...

            BTW, I've got a bicycle seat and two slightly used tires for sale... $45.. perfectly good except for the de-railer got scratched when I cut off the chain with my bolt cutters. See my ad on Seattle craigslist- stolen property section.
            Randy 206-RIP-TOFF
            Don't just walk past that candy wrapper on the fairway-- I know you saw it!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by erp View Post
              You probably already know this, but be careful welding on anything galvanized - those fumes redefine toxic...
              Oh yeah, but like I said, "braze" the joints. Always avoid breathing those gases anyway. That white and blue smoke: don't breathe it.

              When brazing, it is only necessary to heat the metals hot enough to melt the bronze, and that zinc coating (galvanizing) is a perfect flux for the bronze. It shouldn't take long to do the two joints. The braze wouldn't have to be extensive, as the bronze would sweat into the joint and spread out, making a good bond.

              It would not be good to weld these joints anyway, as zinc messes up welds, and must be ground away first to do a good weld. Welding would make lots of noxious gas and could have you barfing pretty soon. Welding would also start the parts to rusting, where bronze should mix with the zinc coating and further protect the steel from rust.

              I'm going to try this pretty soon and will report on how it goes.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Flash View Post
                I have a metal stamping set and any one can borrow it at any time, I believe WDGC borrowed once upon a time.
                can I take you up on your offer? We need to mark our baskets before our oct 10th grand opening...

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Mystjava View Post
                  Yauger was missing a basket after one of their tournaments this summer.
                  We are missing a mach V from Yauger! Has anybody called or seen the basket for sale? We have identifying marks that I can describe. I will call him and see if he can send pics.
                  A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

                  Comment

                  Announcement Announcement Module
                  Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X