X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Basket Vandalism

Greenway baskets got vandalized last night. Baskets 1-5 to be exact. The outer chains and the entire basket is covered in tar! Anyone know good ways to get this stuff off? It's everywhere!

Also, I'd love to get a few people out here to help clean them up with me

what is the point?

Originally posted by Brody Cannon View Post
    Greenway baskets got vandalized last night. Baskets 1-5 to be exact. The outer chains and the entire basket is covered in tar! Anyone know good ways to get this stuff off? It's everywhere!

Also, I'd love to get a few people out here to help clean them up with me
    I don't understand why somebody would act in such a pointless manner. My parents taught me to respect others and their belongings. Even though the belongings that were vandalized belong to anyone that is willing to use them. Dumb!

It must be jealous ball golfers because they are finally realizing that our game of golf is better. They don't want anyone to know so they want to stop us from playing by vandalizing. Bastards!
    Click here

Challenge disc golf

Comment

I can't think of anything that will cut tar that won't kill vegetation and poison the ground. I would think the baskets will have to be taken up and put somewhere where any contamination can be contained. Maybe get an old bathtub and heat up some diesel or mineral spirits. Wear rubber gloves, aprons, and have eye protection.

Durn buggers!
      The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
      ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Unbelievable Someone gave some thought how to render them unusable. Idle, sick minds spawn trouble.

Perhaps a place that strips furniture would dip them in their vat of whatever it is they use?

Hope they can be put back into use again soon and that it doesn't happen again.

Comment

WHAT!!!!!!!!!

We just planned a trip to greenway tomorrowcan't believe it, TARno way

Comment

Some people's effn children. The only thing I can think of that will remove the tar while the baskets are still in place is a chemical called MethylEthylKetone (MEK for short). It's a brutal chemical though. If your going to do it with the baskets still in the ground you would need to lay out a blue tarp, cover the blue tarp with black garbage bags, get yellow latex dish gloves and double layer them. MEK will eat through powder coating, paint, tar, hell even linoleum sometimes. It will not, however, mess with any of the metal. Good luck to your endeavor.
            "Honest work is for the downtrodden and the Polish"
            Cleveland Brown

Comment

Originally posted by General Scales View Post
              Some people's effn children.
              Don't just blame the young folks, I'd doubt that kids are going to get their hands on tar and take the time to coat 5 baskets, it's probably a very angry adult with some sort of grudge on the DG community
              PDGA: #32726 rating: 930 StumptownDG: #31, Trojan Nation: Tag# 06
              dgcoursereview.com profile: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/profile.php?id=376

Comment

Originally posted by Joshua Olmsted View Post
                Don't just blame the young folks, I'd doubt that kids are going to get their hands on tar and take the time to coat 5 baskets, it's probably a very angry adult with some sort of grudge on the DG community
                Everybody is somebody's child, regardless of age. I agree with you though, that this sounds like a disgruntled park user who is unhappy with THPRD's decision to leave DG in Greenway Park.

Comment

the city must deal with tar
                  maybe they would help
                  a paving company might help for a good deed
                  that really sucks

Comment

Maybe someone should contact the press about this.
                    Oregon disc golf map

Comment

Depending on how bad they are, you can get tar remover from any autoparts store.

Sorry to hear about this, its very frustrating.
                      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Second thought, if you put the fire you were going to burn the bastards with, right under the basket, it would melt off and feed the flames!
                        A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                        Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X