X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Oregon From South Carolina

Wow, looks like many things have changed with the Oregon Disc Sports Association page. Glad to have found the new site. Unbelievable how large the Oregon and Northwest disc golf community has grown since I moved away 5 years ago. You guys kick booty! I think I was a top 10 or something on the odsa.com member list registration when it launched and looks like I will have to settle for 600 something this time around.

Anyways great getting caught up on Northwest Disc Golf. Keith Shupp whataaatsss up, Bart you still out there, E Smith got anything good to say, Tree Love you still got blue baskets?, Ryan Lane just talked to you (hope the Launch Pads worked well at the Lava Launch), Avery you there, Feldberg you there, Ron the Whip (good job with the Willamette Open), Sexton- need a caddy for the USDGC? I’m back and checking up on you guys…. Keep em straight sucker…

I am so happy to see the explosion of disc golf in the Northwest! An area that was overlooked for years in the sport is now one of the top regions in the country to play the game. Great job by everyone that had a part in the success! When I started the Full Sail Mountain Series at ski resorts in Oregon years ago I was always concerned about how many people would show. Those of you who were there will remember! Now to see the success of the Ryan Lane King of the Mountain series I am proud to have been part of the foundation of these events. Hope to attend a future event….
    Willamette Disc Golf Club . Sssssuuuuppp. Greg Johnson good taking to you today…Lets lay some rubber….

Anyways, just thinking of the days….. Next time you are in South Carolina look me up. www.disconcepts.com Push for new courses, pull for new events, but most importantly keep playing disc golf
    Pat Farrell
    Owner Disconcepts Disc Golf and Green Site Services

Hey Pat, great to hear from you! I remember the Full Sail series events at Willamette Pass and Government Camp (I think it was there?) The growth we have seen here is thanks in part to your efforts back in the day running events and getting courses put in. For those that don't know Pat is one of the first WDGC members and one of the "Legendary 5" course designers of Willamette Park in Corvallis. Without that course I may have never started playing disc golf, so I owe all my successes to those guys.
    Great to hear you will be at the USDGC again this year, I've been looking out for you the last couple of years in the Players area. Would be great to have a caddy as well by the way.
    See you in a month or so, we will be out at Winthrop Monday morning after our Redeye flight straight from the Willamette Open awards ceremony.
    Innova Champion Discs
    Discmania
    huk lab
    Keen Footwear
    Grip EQ Disc Golf Bags
    Stimpi Ridge Disc Golf in Spokane, WA
    Play it Again Sports Corvallis and Eugene

Comment

Hey Pat whats up good to hear your still kicking and putting courses in the ground. Alot has changed there has been a big boom in the sport and boy the courses just keep coming. I think Oregonian disc golfers have decided to make us one of the best state in the union for disc golf. We have by far the best State parks systems in the union and they are big fans of disc golf. The new hot thing is private courses and places like Hornings hide out who is finishing there third 18 hole course. its a great place to play you will have to check it out when your in Oregon next time. How is the family have you added any new members to the Farell family. you have to catch up to me I stop at 6 kids I wanted the full dozen but a half dozen is all she will give me.

Take care Keith
      X - Man

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
      Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X