X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Fantasy Disc Golf

So, I was thinking about what we could do to have a little bit more fun around our sport when it occurred to me... Fantasy Disc Golf. Then I thought, make it MORE interesting and have it be based around local events/players.

Here is my current thinking:

This will be based on local B-tier events and above. By Local, I mean Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Idaho.

7 days prior to an event happening, a list of players will be imported to this site. Fantasy DG members will then have a place they can go to and log in where they will choose three players from all divisions where there are more than 5 playing. These choices would be weighted 50-30-20 and then multiplied against a players' finish starting at 1 point for last place, 2 points for 2nd to last, 3 points for 3rd to last, etc.

So... take this weekend's event as an example:

Let's say there are 30 pros. I log in and make my pro picks: Feldberg, Sexton, Meeuwsen. Felberg DNFs, Sexton comes in second and Meeuwsen wins. For Feldberg I would get 1 point (times 50) for 50 points. For Sexton, I would get 29 points for second (times 30) for 870 points. For Meeuwsen, I would get 30 points for first (times 20) for 600 points. My score for Pro would be 1520. Had they finished in the order I picked them, I would have gotten 1500 points for Feldberg, 870 for Sexton and 560 for Meeuwsen.

I also make Pro Masters picks, Advanced Men, Advanced Women, Advanced Masters, Intermediate Men, Intermediate Women, etc... as many groups as there are 5 players entered.

Is anyone still reading and does this make any sense at all? If it does make sense, would you be interested in playing this against your friends? Hopefully, I can find a sponsor for it to give away prizes or something if we generate enough interest. I am not fixed on the rules so if someone has another idea how this should be done, let me hear it.

ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
    ~Annika SŲrenstam

I sort of get it. Is there a way that you could be additionally rewarded for upsets? By upsets I mean a player with a lower rating beating a player with a higher rating.

If upsets were rewarded, it might make people less inclined to simply pick what the ratings dictate.
    Ruining everyone else's fun since 1998.

Comment

Hmmm... let me think about this. We could definitely do something with ratings now that I think about it.

Jordan. Where's Jordan? I think he will eat this up...
      ďI believe I can hit 18 greens, hit every fairway, you know ó Vision 54, which means you birdie every hole, thatís in the back of my mind. I want to putt better, chip better. That day when I hit 18 greens and one putt, Iíll know Iím a complete golfer. Will that ever happen? Iím not sure, but itís possible. The 54 vision is always in the back of my mind.Ē
      ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

I've never gotten into fantasy sports before, but I like the sound of this. One thing to consider doing is like what this dude did with his fantasy DG league, essentially making 2 leagues, one that pays and one that's free. Good brainstorming, Sam.
        Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Hmm... a paid league sounds fun but I think we should start small and work our way up. 1 league for free (well... must be a forum member. ) to start and let's see how many players we attract and how it goes.
          ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Sounds bitchin! I'm in.

Oh, nice job this weekend, Micah!

Comment

Nerd Alert!!!!!!!
              "Putt" is a four letter word

Comment

You are so in and you know it. I have been thinking "nerd alert" all day...
                ~Annika SŲrenstam

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X