Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 69 discs in Oly

http://seattle.craigslist.org/oly/spo/1349288091.html

Is this legit?
    The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

hmm, all Innova, mayhaps a certain somebody is trying to raise money for a certain trip?
    Untwist thine undergarments, 'tis but a Frisbee.

Comment

Im guessing its the DOUCHE BAG that went fishing in our pond for plastic! What a DICK!
      A bad day on the golf course is better than a good day at work!

Comment

So, someone write to him.
        Oregon disc golf map

Comment

I responded to the ad, Im going to try and see what he's got.

A few weeks ago some of our club members came across a couple people fishing plastic out of the ponds. As a club, WE, take care of lost plastic. WE go into the pond and fish out the discs. WE installed the drop box. WE have a local merchant that holds lost plastic until returned. WE should have complete control of lost plastic.

It didn't really bother me, until now I see they are trying to sell the discs. This course is totally funded by the club, them selling discs that the club should have, is like stealling from the players and the club.

Comment

go get him! rallly the troops and move in on this dirty dude!

Comment

This has been covered before. If the disc has contact info, the owner is attempting to maintain possession of their property and to keep it from the owner is a theft.
              The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
              ...but it plays one on TV.

Comment

Im waiting for a reply from the ad. I hope I can just talk some sense into this person. I know that he tried selling some discs to Jay out in Grays Harbor Youth Hostil. After talking with Jay, he agreed not to buy anymore plastic from him. Legally, I really don't think we have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Is there some way to get authorities involved? I'm certain that many of those still have names and numbers on them.

I wrote the guy asking him to work with Gilby and give the discs to the club so they can find the rightful owners. I tried to be super polite and PC, but then I went and said that I might take his car that I found on the street and sell it on C-list as well. Oh well, at least I deleted the line calling him a s**thead.
                  The only thing miraculous about ICP is the fact that their children look like them...

Comment

I hope you didn't tell him my name, I want to be able to meet him in person and look at the plastic. I sent an email with name and number. He might not respond to me if he thinks I will cause problems.

Comment

My buddy had lost her disc back at Yauger in March - it was a discraft disc (blue!) and it has her name and email address on it.
                      Practice - Practice - Practice -- Doing what I can to keep it on the fairway _ at least I try to!
                      DDGA #202; WDDGA #37; ODDGA #47 ; PDGA #38171

Comment

All of the found discs are available at Package Express in Olympia. Kevin David (owner) is a huge discgolf supporter in Oly. He has agreed to carry and help return lost plastic. He is working on building an inventory of new plastic also.

Comment

Maybe not, but, to be on the safe side I sent the link and a link to this thread to the Olympia Police Department.

They'll know if it's worth pursuing...

Originally posted by olydiscgolf View Post
                          Im waiting for a reply from the ad. I hope I can just talk some sense into this person. I know that he tried selling some discs to Jay out in Grays Harbor Youth Hostil. After talking with Jay, he agreed not to buy anymore plastic from him. Legally, I really don't think we have a leg to stand on.

Comment

Originally posted by ChUcK View Post
                            Is there some way to get authorities involved? I'm certain that many of those still have names and numbers on them.

I wrote the guy asking him to work with Gilby and give the discs to the club so they can find the rightful owners. I tried to be super polite and PC, but then I went and said that I might take his car that I found on the street and sell it on C-list as well. Oh well, at least I deleted the line calling him a s**thead.
                            That's funny Chuck. I remember you telling me several stories about you trying to be genuinely polite and pc on the disc golf course to casual players during tournaments and every story ended up with them wanting to fight you. And then there was the guy with the little gas car at the Lakewood Open. I wonder if the email had the same effect
                            Read this ^

Comment

Well, I try to always remain PC until the person I'm speaking with decides to nullify their own politeness privileges. After that, all bets are off. This guy with the stolen discs, he gave up his right to be coddled the moment he submitted that Craigslist ad.

I'm just happy to hear that Gilby is on the case, as well as the Oly PD. Hopefully the coppers put this guy in check. Or break his kneecaps. Either way is ok.

Comment

Announcement Announcement Module
                              Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X